Did anyone else get banned?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Did anyone else get banned?

Post by Spyro » May 26th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Azrile wrote:
Spyro wrote:Wow, Blizzard can be really scummy sometimes.
The problem is there was another major exploit going on that involved opening a lot of bags in a very short amount of time. Blizzard probably rapidly applied a hotfix that checked for people opening a lot of bags and unfortunately, pet collectors had a more legitimate reason for doing it but were caught up in their initial hotfix.

I can sympathize with Blizzard a bit because from what I heard, people were able to make 100ks of gold in a few minutes.. Blizzard had to act fast before that money got spread around the server and became untraceable. They probably didn´t have time to think of all the possibilities, they just wanted to tag-ban the people doing the gold exploit fast. The amount of gold that was being exploited was extreme enough to screw up servers for a long time if they couldn´t stop it fast.
Bags, like all items, have item IDs for a reason. People seem to forget that ultimately exploits are Blizzard's fault and many people who don't even realize something is wrong get punished. Yes, scum is the word.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 27th, 2013, 12:18 am

I just got a new email from Blizzard apologizing again. They told me they would be awarding the game time back onto my account.

Musicality
Pet Score:1820
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Musicality » May 29th, 2013, 3:25 am

Tatra, that's not what exploiting is. People simply waited to open their bags, nothing is wrong with that. That's like saying waiting to buy something with valor points, when you know the price is going to drop, is exploiting the game. They were obviously in the right, or blizzard would not have overturned their appeals. No need to be rude to people.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » May 29th, 2013, 11:19 am

How many people who are still baned used the Flight Path method to get a Minfernal?

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 31st, 2013, 6:31 pm

Yikes, did they fix this? I stumbled across this thread minutes after I opened all 19 bags back-to-back from the dailies :o

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 31st, 2013, 10:35 pm

Catalytic wrote:Yikes, did they fix this? I stumbled across this thread minutes after I opened all 19 bags back-to-back from the dailies :o
I guess you are going to help us find out!

I have a feeling that the algorithm was total possible in a day plus one to flag. People who got banned had quite a few saved up, and most likely did their normal dailies as well the first day. Please correct me if I'm wrong, those who drew the ire of the banstick!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD