Did anyone else get banned?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Grarn
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us
Re: Did anyone else get banned?

Post by Grarn » May 25th, 2013, 3:37 pm

I've appealed twice more since the initial action and just get the same copy/paste denial back. I really don't think anyone is even reading these. To be told over and over that you're a cheater when you know you've done nothing wrong is beyond frustrating.

Right now I don't care if it's overturned or an apology issued. This whole incident has just shown me what a horrible company Blizzard is and what appallingly bad customer service they have. I could never say enough bad things about them.

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » May 25th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Quintessence wrote::( Sorry to hear about the temporary ban!

This makes me wonder though... if Blizzard is tracking large quantities of opened items and banning based on that, what if you did all the Tamer dailies but didn't open the bags until after collecting them for that day? Or is Blizzard only tracking large numbers (greater than the number of bags you can get in a day)?

I hope they fix this soon and exclude the pet bags.

In answer to your question yes they are banning based on large quantities of opened bags. I also recieved a 3 day suspension because I prefered to wait till the very end of my tamer dailies to open my bags. Quite angry actually 3 tickets from me, 1 from my boyfriend, 2 phone calls and a web chat later and I'm now 48 hours into this nonsense with nothing being told to me other then the "hacks team is looking into it on a case by case basis on all of the 7k suspensions and that they will conclude before the 72 hour suspension time otherwise its pointless" I've had little faith in blizzard lately so my bet will be my ban will be overturned 1 minute before the actual time runs out. Though I've told them in every contact when they realize their mistake they can shove their extra game time. I will only take compensation in unborn valkyr form :P

Rawr... that is all.

Balazaar
Pet Score:4252
BattleTag®:Balazaar#1749
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Balazaar » May 25th, 2013, 7:44 pm

I feel your pain. I'm in the same place, waiting. I'll continue to fight this until it is resolved but 2 days into a 3 day ban makes me think I'm going to be eating the entire ban ... for opening one day's worth of bags. Ridiculous.

Does anyone know if they are even taking care of tickets on the weekend?

Hava
Pet Score:8680
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Hava » May 25th, 2013, 10:17 pm

I opened another ticket this morning and even included Mumper's tweet. The reply was...
As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. If you have questions regarding a different license or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.
As part of the pod casting community I will discuss this on yourwowmoney. Look for that next Friday/Saturday.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 25th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Hey guys, just got my account unbanned after my second appeal. I suggest everyone keep appealing.

Balazaar
Pet Score:4252
BattleTag®:Balazaar#1749
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Balazaar » May 25th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Ban overturned for me also. Keep fighting folks!

Grarn
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Grarn » May 25th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Just wanted to let people know that after an initial rejection and 3 more tickets that I filed, I finally received a reply that the action has been lifted.

Quidamtyra
MVP
Pet Score:12022
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Quidamtyra » May 26th, 2013, 12:03 am

I only appealed once, as after the first, you know they're not going to help you at all. However, after they stated that they were reviewing all accounts suspended, they reopened my account. Then I found out someone had tried to reset my password 22 minutes before I did >.> It seems that mass suspensions opens the doors to people trying to hack accounts =\

Gravec
Pet Score:13760
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Gravec » May 26th, 2013, 3:22 am

I also finally got an answer, after a second appeal,and got my account re-opened. I want to thank everyone in the pet community, and mumper, that helped in getting a new review.

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » May 26th, 2013, 3:25 am

That is ridiculous! I would be pretty angry. I heard people had been banned recently for spam clicking loot bags, but I haven't heard of people being banned for hording bags. The other day I went around and did all of the dailies and kept all of my bags til I had finished then opened them.

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:13041
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » May 26th, 2013, 5:39 am

Blizzard response to my second appeal:

Thank you for patience while we investigated action taken against the World of Warcraft account. After a thorough review of the circumstances involved in this action, the account has been reopened and access restored. Initially, the account had been locked due to an issue that awarded players an extreme amount of loot. This has been addressed, and access has been restored to the account.

We apologize for the delay in investigating the matter. Thank you for your continued correspondence in regards to your account and for respecting our position.

Here is hoping that they have resolved this issue for all of us and that we will not run into it again. The most important thing is to make sure you keep at it, we all want clear and taint-free accounts.

Thank you to all of you here for the support through this drama...without you guys, I think that my wow days would be over in a rage of hurt feelings!

Hava

Post by Hava » May 26th, 2013, 9:42 am

I received an email at 3am (12 pst) overturning my ban... finally

Gip
Pet Score:8095
BattleTag®:Gip#1774
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Gip » May 26th, 2013, 11:26 am

I received an email last night around midnight eastern removing my suspension.

Gip
Pet Score:8095
BattleTag®:Gip#1774
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Gip » May 26th, 2013, 11:38 am

Roarey wrote:Thank you to all of you here for the support through this drama...without you guys, I think that my wow days would be over in a rage of hurt feelings!
I'd like to second Roarey's comments. This community has made this issue much easier for me to handle.

Hava

Post by Hava » May 26th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Gip wrote:
Roarey wrote:Thank you to all of you here for the support through this drama...without you guys, I think that my wow days would be over in a rage of hurt feelings!
I'd like to second Roarey's comments. This community has made this issue much easier for me to handle.

Yes, here here!

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » May 26th, 2013, 2:53 pm

I was also banned. Problem was is that it didn't happen until 2 days after I opened the bags. I could not figure out what I was being banned for. I had well over 200 bags to open on patch day.

To say I am an unhappy camper is an understatement....

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » May 26th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Wow, Blizzard can be really scummy sometimes.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » May 26th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Spyro wrote:Wow, Blizzard can be really scummy sometimes.
The problem is there was another major exploit going on that involved opening a lot of bags in a very short amount of time. Blizzard probably rapidly applied a hotfix that checked for people opening a lot of bags and unfortunately, pet collectors had a more legitimate reason for doing it but were caught up in their initial hotfix.

I can sympathize with Blizzard a bit because from what I heard, people were able to make 100ks of gold in a few minutes.. Blizzard had to act fast before that money got spread around the server and became untraceable. They probably didn´t have time to think of all the possibilities, they just wanted to tag-ban the people doing the gold exploit fast. The amount of gold that was being exploited was extreme enough to screw up servers for a long time if they couldn´t stop it fast.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » May 26th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Azrile wrote:I can sympathize with Blizzard a bit because from what I heard, people were able to make 100ks of gold in a few minutes.. Blizzard had to act fast before that money got spread around the server and became untraceable. They probably didn´t have time to think of all the possibilities, they just wanted to tag-ban the people doing the gold exploit fast. The amount of gold that was being exploited was extreme enough to screw up servers for a long time if they couldn´t stop it fast.
This is probably the best way to look at this. While it sucks that so many people were wrongly suspended, this was probably the only way stop the actual scammers in time.

I had my account suspended and re-activated before I even knew anything about the possible cause, and I spent the entire time completely confused about what was going on. Knowing the whole story, I'm satisfied that they did what they had to at the time.

It's looking like many of you are also seeing your suspension overturned, and I wish luck to those of you still going through this.

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » May 26th, 2013, 9:10 pm

NathKnave wrote:
Azrile wrote:I can sympathize with Blizzard a bit because from what I heard, people were able to make 100ks of gold in a few minutes.. Blizzard had to act fast before that money got spread around the server and became untraceable. They probably didn´t have time to think of all the possibilities, they just wanted to tag-ban the people doing the gold exploit fast. The amount of gold that was being exploited was extreme enough to screw up servers for a long time if they couldn´t stop it fast.
This is probably the best way to look at this. While it sucks that so many people were wrongly suspended, this was probably the only way stop the actual scammers in time.

I had my account suspended and re-activated before I even knew anything about the possible cause, and I spent the entire time completely confused about what was going on. Knowing the whole story, I'm satisfied that they did what they had to at the time.

It's looking like many of you are also seeing your suspension overturned, and I wish luck to those of you still going through this.
While I don't argue with the logic here. It wasn't the ban that annoyed me but the blunt way in which I was treated in dealing with the issue. I can't tell you why your banned but deal with it does not make one feel very good, especially if you're innocent.