Raiding with Leashes II: worst drop rate ever?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12743
Realm:Dalaran-us
Re: Raiding with Leashes II: worst drop rate ever?

Post by Crazypants » May 29th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Nightmarish runs/drops this week.

My Kara, SCC and TK drops this week:
Kara - 6 toons - 1 Menagerie Custodian (another HH, my third :cry: )
tk - 4 toons -1 Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (SS)
SCC - 4 toons (only 1 does Vash) - 2nd week of nothing

To top it all off after 1 shoting chess 5 out of 6 attempts last week it took me 15 tries over 6 toons to finish it this week.

Went to the AH and bought myself a Ji-Kun Hatchling (B,B) and a Son of Animus to ease the pain. 8-)

Smoking_gnu
Pet Score:2461
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Smoking_gnu » May 30th, 2013, 7:30 pm

3 runs of SSC, TK and Kara = no pets, Ashes of Alar did drop so not all bad.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » May 30th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Smoking_gnu wrote:3 runs of SSC, TK and Kara = no pets, Ashes of Alar did drop so not all bad.
Seems like a perfectly fair trade-off to me.

I have been running Tempest Keep solo since shortly after I hit 90 on my main. I'm up to 30 kills I think, so nothing to complain about with not getting it yet. Although I'm really hoping I have better luck here than with Stratholme (199 kills before the Deathcharger dropped). I was able to get all of the pets from TK in the first week with three characters, so now it's just something extra to farm for money when I kill Kael'thas weekly.

As for the rest of the Raiding with Leashes II team, I'm down to just the one off Lady Vashj that I need. If there was one I could pick to be stuck on, that would be the last one. There's nothing else I need in SSC, whereas I'm still farming Kara for my tier 4 off-set pieces (which includes Chess for the belt) and TK for the mount. Not to mention the fact that I'm not comfortable soloing Lady Vashj on anyone but my main. Oh well, hopefully I can pick up some extra gold with some spare pets or trade for the Coilfang Stalker I'm missing.

Keithkorg
Pet Score:1871
Realm:Eversong-eu

Post by Keithkorg » May 31st, 2013, 2:55 am

Smoking_gnu wrote:3 runs of SSC, TK and Kara = no pets, Ashes of Alar did drop so not all bad.
I would take that as a consolation =)

Here is what I got since 5.3 dropped (running with 5 characters you see in sig).

Kara - got all pets in one week
2 Fiendish Imps - 5 kills
1 Lil' Bad Wolf - 1 kill
1 Menagerie Custodian - 5 kills
1 Netherspace Abyssal - 5 kills

TK -
1 Phoenix Hawk Hatchling - 6 kills
1 Lesser Voidcaller - 3 kills
0 Pocket Reaver - 8 kills

SCC -
3 Tainted Waveling - 7 kills
0 Tideskipper - 9 kills
0 Coilfang Stalker - 4 kills

The most frustrating is the Coilfang Stalker. Only my shaman and monk are capable of soloing Vashj and it is a very stressful fight for me, especially with the monk (shaman can heal through max stacks no problem).

I'm not concerned about the drop rates though. As I see it, I used my RNG luck up on the pets from Naxx - I got all the pets on my first run through the raid.
Last edited by Keithkorg on May 31st, 2013, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » May 31st, 2013, 4:08 am

Yeah I'm having a harder time with part 2 than I did with part 1.

Still got Kara to do this week, but nada from the TK and SSC for a second week. I might have to run it on more than one toon!

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 31st, 2013, 11:57 am

I'm having such horrible luck I've decided to make my poor 87 lock run them too! So far I've only gotten the Void and Reaver pets from TK (second and third bosses) and an extra Reaver which I'm hoping to trade for something I don't have yet. Do we know the drop rates yet? I am starting to think it's lower than Part 1, since it seems I'm not alone in having this kinda problem. I only had to run Part 1 on my main to get them all....

Corvino
Pet Score:2910
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Corvino » May 31st, 2013, 12:07 pm

I got Lil Bad, Coilfang, Voidcaller and pocket reaver all first try. Others not so much, but I am very lucky with pets.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 31st, 2013, 2:46 pm

Wow, I'd trade Alar mount for all the pets. You know you'll get them eventually. And if you get extras, you can always trade with me /hint hint.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 1st, 2013, 3:07 am

So far this week, being my first week attempting the pets, at 7 clears of Kara with 3 pets gotten (1 duplicate) from that. SSC has 3 clears, only 1 pet gotten but it's the coilfang stalker so I'm really happy not to have to do Vashj on alts. She's just not nice on undergeared alts, heck she's not nice on my main. TK 3 runs with 0 pets.

In theory I have enough alts at 85+ to run each of the raids 13 times in a week. Sanity may become an issue though. The time cost is also significant at that many runs. The drop rate does feel a bit lower for the BC raids than it was in the vanilla raids, but it's not too awful. My drop rate for the vanilla ones seemed to end up around 1 out of 3 possible gotten in each instance. Maybe a little below that, but generally speaking it was odd if I did a zone and didn't walk out with at least 1 pet. The BC drop rate though is still preferable to carps.

Elwisp
Pet Score:8481
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Elwisp » June 1st, 2013, 6:48 am

One run through of each of the old raids and 4 pets so far....drop rate is making me happy at this point....our friendship will probably change in the weeks to come.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » June 2nd, 2013, 10:16 am

Here is what I got since 5.3 dropped (running with 5 characters.

Kara - 10 runs
2 Fiendish Imps - 10 kills
1 Lil' Bad Wolf - 4 kill
0 Menagerie Custodian - 10 kills
2 Netherspace Abyssal - 10 kills

TK -
1 Phoenix Hawk Hatchling - 8 kills
1 Lesser Voidcaller - 8 kills
0 Pocket Reaver - 8 kills

SCC -
1 Tainted Waveling - 6 kills
1 Tideskipper - 6 kills
0 Coilfang Stalker - 6 kills

The most frustrating is the Coilfang Stalker. I have to use two toons with the wife playing one, which is stressful for both of us.

Personally I think the drop rates are about right, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20%

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » June 2nd, 2013, 10:38 am

Finaly managed to get it complete with my 11th run through SSC providing Tidecrawler! Only had 1 Red Riding Hood event out of 11 so (un?)lucky there.

Now to get the best breed of each, sigh. :cry:

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » June 3rd, 2013, 3:46 am

Mystik_sok wrote: The most frustrating is the Coilfang Stalker. I have to use two toons with the wife playing one, which is stressful for both of us.
The most frustrating is the one stuck behind the RNG of the chess event :evil:

Seriously though Vash'j is soloable by most classes with little effort. Certainly a lot easier than Razergore is.

All classes have self healing so just keep yourself topped up whilst you collect cores. Make sure you turn pets off, and anything which will kill the tainted elemental without you getting the kill (Shamans Lightning Shield etc.). Use each core as soon as you get it and kill Striders/Naga. I play a lock and have Fel Flame keybound so I also let rip a few of those on elementals, not all classes have instacast spells with no CD though.

The issue you will have is with phase 3. As she has huge stacks she will do a fair amount of damage, turn your pet on to tank if you have one/ blow defensive CD's, and blow all offensive CD's as well. Burst is important.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 3rd, 2013, 12:59 pm

I got Lil Bad Wolf last night, which was a huge relief. Now I'll never have to sweat the RNG of "which event will I get?!"

Also got through Chess pretty easily (he only cheated with fire once), but no Abyssal yet :(

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 4th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Cat666 wrote:
Mystik_sok wrote: The most frustrating is the Coilfang Stalker. I have to use two toons with the wife playing one, which is stressful for both of us.
The most frustrating is the one stuck behind the RNG of the chess event :evil:

Seriously though Vash'j is soloable by most classes with little effort. Certainly a lot easier than Razergore is.

All classes have self healing so just keep yourself topped up whilst you collect cores. Make sure you turn pets off, and anything which will kill the tainted elemental without you getting the kill (Shamans Lightning Shield etc.). Use each core as soon as you get it and kill Striders/Naga. I play a lock and have Fel Flame keybound so I also let rip a few of those on elementals, not all classes have instacast spells with no CD though.

The issue you will have is with phase 3. As she has huge stacks she will do a fair amount of damage, turn your pet on to tank if you have one/ blow defensive CD's, and blow all offensive CD's as well. Burst is important.
I've found it to be the exact opposite. Razergore is easy for me to do but I still haven't managed to solo Vash'j. I'm sure I could but it's taken me more than the 2 or 3 tries it took me to figure out razergore and I just haven't sat down tried enough times in a row to get it. For him my DK goes blood and doesn't bother killing any of the adds ever as they don't do any meaningful dmg to him. On my shaman I stay elemental and drop an searing totem initially and a fire ele pet the first time I have to break to keep the adds down and clean it up easily.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » June 5th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Picked up a Menagerie Custodian for 800g... drops in Kara 10 mins later.

Of course it does.
Last edited by Jadax on June 5th, 2013, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » June 5th, 2013, 1:06 pm

I have been having horrible luck with TK and SSC. I keep getting the same ones out of there across several alts (tainted wavling and lesser voidcaller). I finally got a pocket reaver last night, but yeah. I hate SSC especially, such a long slog even to get to the entrance.

I'd get them at AH but the prices still suck. At least I'm done with Kara but honestly that place wasn't that bad. Would MUCH rather be done with freaking Vashj. That fight is so damn long.

Slerm
Pet Score:4627
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slerm » June 5th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Six toons.
Three weeks.
Eighteen tries.

R+J - 11 times
Oz - 7 times
BBW - None so far.

/cry

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » June 5th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Slerm wrote:Six toons.
Three weeks.
Eighteen tries.

R+J - 11 times
Oz - 7 times
BBW - None so far.

/cry
Yeah, I got lucky on that one and got BBW on one of my alts the first or second week and it dropped the pet. The drop rate on that one at least seems to be higher (but not 100%). I'm glad it's random per-character too.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » June 5th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Ok, please, please do not abbreviate Big Bad Wolf to BBW...

It has... connotations.