Raiding with Leashes II: worst drop rate ever?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Raiding with Leashes II: worst drop rate ever?

Post by Maizing » May 26th, 2013, 12:35 am

Update:

Ran Kara with 12 characters. Ran Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep with my 2 best geared level 90 characters (since those are harder raids than Kara).

Got as drops:
1 Menagerie Custodian
2 [pet]Lil' Bad Wolf[/pet]
1 Netherspace Abyssal
1 Lesser Voidcaller

Purchased from Auction House:
1 Coilfang Stalker (Lady Vashj was too much for me to handle)
1 Pocket Reaver (it was very cheap)

I have 4 more characters that are 85-90 (2 priests and 2 rogues) but I am not sure if those classes can handle soloing Kara. My level 86 shaman had a very difficult time in there... the most difficulty of any of the characters I took through the place.

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » May 26th, 2013, 3:32 am

I ran all all 3 instances on 3 alts and only got 2 pets. I didn't get past the chess event...I loathe it and give up easily. Nor did I get Lady Vashj down, she hates me. I decided to take my 87 hunter through Kara just for a shot at Lil Bad Wolf and was shocked to get it to be honest. The 3 previous alts I ran it on all got the Romelo and Julianne event.

I thought the drop rate for these was suppose to be slightly higher than the last raiding with leashes achieve? Maybe I misread, but I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

Celestya22
Top Rater
Pet Score:3256
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Celestya22 » May 26th, 2013, 7:43 am

Not alone at all. I have 5 kara runs, plus the other two on 2 toons (Vashj on only 1. Wow she's a pain!) and only had 1 pet drop in all of that.
I may have followed up the last run with a shopping spree.... :lol:

Flibbit
MVP
Pet Score:13968
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Flibbit » May 26th, 2013, 8:04 am

I seem to have had better luck than most... 35 bosses, 9 pets (2 of which were duplicates). Not an even distribution, as the 5 alts I did this with varied in level (84-90), and some could not do Vash'j or reaver dude solo.

Vash'j, Morrowgrim, and Astromancer were the 3 who did not give up their pets.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » May 26th, 2013, 3:57 pm

I did Kara on 4 characters and got all but the Lil' Bad Wolf, plus an extra Netherspace Abyssal, to drop.
SSC on 2 solo, plus got a friend to help me on a third and got all but the Tainted Waveling to drop.
Got the Lesser Voidcaller and Pocket Reaver on my first run in TK and tried Al'ar on 4 characters total. (I had an extra Lesser Voidcaller and Pocket Reaver as well, iirc.)

I ended up buying Lil' Bad Wolf, Tainted Waveling and the Phoenix Hawk Hatchling from the AH.
Image Image

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » May 26th, 2013, 6:26 pm

I did Tempest Keep on 6 of my toons or a total of 18 boss kills. I only got 1 x Pocket Reaver and 1 x Phoenix Hawk Hatchling. High Astromancer Solarian probably hates me and won't drop the Lesser Voidcaller, but I hate her too so that's fine. I am guessing that the drop rate is 10%. After the 6th run I asked myself why I was doing it. I went to the AH and just bought some of the pets.

Korphi
Top Rater
Pet Score:7980
BattleTag®:Hypnotic#1255
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Korphi » May 27th, 2013, 9:12 am

After going through all the dungeons on 10+ characters, I managed to get one of each.

I'm hoping to start getting extras next week to trade/give to friends.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 27th, 2013, 10:26 am

Korphi wrote:After going through all the dungeons on 10+ characters, I managed to get one of each.

Hello friend.

:P

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 27th, 2013, 11:10 am

i've run the entire RwL II content with one character and got 2 pets so far (both in kara). i guess this is fairly normal.

Korphi
Top Rater
Pet Score:7980
BattleTag®:Hypnotic#1255
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Korphi » May 27th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Jadax wrote:
Korphi wrote:After going through all the dungeons on 10+ characters, I managed to get one of each.

Hello friend.

:P
Oh you. :3c

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 28th, 2013, 2:06 am

I'm getting about 1 pet per run of all 3 raids - mixed luck I guess. Was happy to get a P/P version Netherspace Abyssal - will be interesting to see how that performs.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 28th, 2013, 2:35 am

Well, I ran Kara with my 2 priests (they had an easier time of it than I had expected). My second priest took a friend (we did the chess event to try to get my friend the Netherspace Abyssal and it actually dropped)! I also got a third [pet]Lil' Bad Wolf[/pet] on that run.

I then remembered that I had not tried doing Kara with my druids, so I took my level 90 druid in there. Got red riding hood again and discovered that event is horrible for non-pet classes to solo. I spent most of the time during the encounter either with the red riding hood debuff or feared! I finally just spammed moonfire at the thing every chance I got and eventually managed to take it down. My druid is now the one of my alts that had the most difficulty doing Kara... but I got a 4th [pet]Lil' Bad Wolf[/pet] from the event. I then went on to Illhoof, who was kind enough to drop the Fiendish Imp for me. So, I am now done with Kara and will only go back to get pets to sell, trade and give to friends.

I also found a Tainted Waveling on the Auction House for a very good price, so I went ahead and bought it.

Just missing 2 pets for this achievement now... Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (though I was allowed to borrow someone else's for the achievement) and the Tideskipper.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12717
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » May 28th, 2013, 8:13 am

Ran Kara with 6 characters. Ran Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep with my 4 best geared level 90 characters. Serpentshine dropped a big goose egg for all my toons. I could only down Vashj with 1 toon as the rest were melee and it was just to dang hard. Ill likely be buying the Vashj pet when the price becomes more reasonable. Theres 2 up in the AH for 15-20k and I'm likely willing to pay around the 10k mark.

On my server seems everyone is getting a lil bad wolf as there's 7 in AH right now and 2 or less of the others.

Got as drops:
2 Menagerie Custodian (HH,HS)
1 Lil' Bad Wolf (P/S) out of 2 big bad wolfs popping
1 Netherspace Abyssal (H/P)
1 Lesser Voidcaller (P/S)
1 Phoenix Hawk Hatchling

See if i can get the missing ones to drop today after the server comes up.

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 28th, 2013, 9:48 am

First week, I ran everything on my DK who got 0 and last night I ran Tempest Keep on my hunter just to give it a try before reset and got 2. So I guess I'm ok with that. Will be trying again tonight/tomorrow on both to see. Really hoping to get the ones in Kara (especially after the chess event). /sigh

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 29th, 2013, 8:46 am

So here is how it has been going for me. The only character I have at lvl 90 is my mage, Blueberry. Blueberry kicks butt, and can fly through all the instances in no time. I have never been much for alts. I have a priest that I got to lvl 85 strictly through pet battle exp. So she can go through kara on her own, but she is ultra undergeared and it takes a lot longer. I won't even attempt to try SSC or TK with her. So I did kara twice and SSC and TK once. First week, I got the imp from Illhoof and the phoenix hatchling from Alar. 2nd week I got the imp on BOTH toons and no other pets. UGH! That stupid imp is driving me crazy.

The upside of raiding for leashes 2 is the fact that it can all be done solo. Unlike the original raiding with leashes where a lot of classes couldn't kill some of the bosses by themselves. So even though I think the drop rate may be lower, it still is fun to go through this old content. Gives us pet collectors something to do :) Also, these new pets have all sorts of different breeds which can be fun to collect too.

Ainyan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7069
BattleTag®:Ainyan#1293
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ainyan » May 29th, 2013, 11:07 am

Last week, I ended up running 8 toons through SSC/TK before I got all of those pets, and 16 through Karazhan, without ever seeing the Curator's pet drop. This week, Curator finally gave up his pet to my main on my first run through of Kara, so now I'll just be farming extra for my friends and guildies.

Lemme tell you, Tito's fun to have out in a raid. My raid leader was sorely confused last night. "Why are there cows flying through my raid??!"

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 29th, 2013, 11:12 am

I think my dk is just horrible luck or something. Still no drops on her... :/ Gonna run my hunter tonight or tomorrow night, maybe she will have better luck again.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » May 29th, 2013, 11:32 am

Sigh...my run of bad luck has continued...no carp pets despite constant fishing, and no pet drops from Kara or Serpentshrine runs :cry: I am glad that it has been more productive for other folks. Maybe I need to do a ritual sacrifice to the RNG gods? (but I don't think we have a red heifer to put on the altar)

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » May 29th, 2013, 6:39 pm

I definitely find the drop rates a lot worse than the 5.1 raid pets.

I'm at seven kills for Pocket Reaver, Pheonix Hawk Hatchling, and Tainted Waveling. I'm at six kills for Coilfang Stalker and Netherspace Abyssal. I still have a lot more characters to run Kara this week, and about two more for Tempest Keep and Serpentshine. It's becoming quite draining on me.