patch

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jimmer
Pet Score:9537
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
patch

Post by Jimmer » August 28th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Is there any pets you can get when the patch goes live or do we have to wait for the xpac?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: patch

Post by Quintessence » August 28th, 2012, 2:02 pm

There aren't any new pets being released with patch 5.0.4, so yea, we'll have to wait for MoP.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » August 28th, 2012, 11:50 pm

Quintessence wrote:There aren't any new pets being released with patch 5.0.4, so yea, we'll have to wait for MoP.
Actually the MoP pet, Lucky Quilen Cub (my 189th unique pet :) ) is now being given out

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » August 29th, 2012, 12:13 am

GilroyKilroy wrote: Actually the MoP pet, Lucky Quilen Cub (my 189th unique pet :) ) is now being given out
I saw that too, but I wonder if that's a bug or if it was an intentional release. I can't remember any other CE pet being released prior to the expansion.

Although the Digital Deluxe Edition option makes it possible for Blizzard to hand out the pet early, it seems a bit unfair for those that bought the box CE version of MoP since they can't redeem their gift yet.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Plucky
Pet Score:2757
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Plucky » August 29th, 2012, 12:49 am

Though to be fair, it's just one small pet, we're sacrificing most of the feelies of the MoP CE so that we could get it online, we wasn't told that we'd get things early, though.....there isn't much we could do with the Quillen Cub for the moment, though once MoP comes into full release, everyone would be able to use their pets for battles.

But to be fair, technically Mists is out on a technicality, some of the things are probably already in the game, so as far as the game is concerned, Mists might be in a state of getting the finishing touches done before unlocking the new areas on release day, perhaps there are some things Blizz couldn't prevent, like the Quillen Cub might have been delivered to people's Pet Collection because that's an innate feature....they might have not anticipated that, though they may have "ignored" that so that people might be able to get one (and bypass) the pet limit in the transition state without losing it altogether?

Kerinsky
Pet Score:4232
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Kerinsky » August 29th, 2012, 12:56 am

[Warbot Ignition Key], now a white item, is for sale from Jepetto Joybuzz in Dalaran after the patch. As far as I can tell it's the old mt dew Warbot pet. Blue and red fuel is also for sale. The warbot key cost me 350g.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » August 29th, 2012, 10:22 am

Kerinsky wrote:[Warbot Ignition Key], now a white item, is for sale from Jepetto Joybuzz in Dalaran after the patch. As far as I can tell it's the old mt dew Warbot pet. Blue and red fuel is also for sale. The warbot key cost me 350g.
*snag*
Nice catch :D

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » August 29th, 2012, 11:20 am

Quintessence wrote:
GilroyKilroy wrote:Actually the MoP pet, Lucky Quilen Cub (my 189th unique pet :) ) is now being given out
I saw that too, but I wonder if that's a bug or if it was an intentional release. I can't remember any other CE pet being released prior to the expansion.

Although the Digital Deluxe Edition option makes it possible for Blizzard to hand out the pet early, it seems a bit unfair for those that bought the box CE version of MoP since they can't redeem their gift yet.
It is unfair, but I'm not sure it's unintentional. I could see some people buying the DDE and shelling out for a box set, too boot, if they're just that fanatical, so Blizzard gets more cash. We already know people with DDE will be preloaded and able to log on the second Mists launches, they mention it in all the promo materials for the DDE, so that's clearly part of the marketing strategy and people with a box won't be able to do that.

Personally, I wanted to give a DDE to a friend, and get the box for myself. But it turns out there isn't a way to give a DDE to a friend! So I ended up using the DDE on my own account, and when I get the box, I'll email the code to her but keep the goodies for myself. So I'm going to end up doing both without spending more than I'd intended. Although it's kind of wasted on me, I'm not one of those people who cares about being the first on, the servers are usually too crowded for me to bother with at that point.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 1st, 2012, 12:42 pm

Hubby and I just had a heavyweight (pet biscuit) warbot title match in the dwarven district! :D
Some of my best friends are imaginary…