We should have an informal contest

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taizzaa
Pet Score:10614
Realm:Madoran-us
We should have an informal contest

Post by Taizzaa » August 20th, 2012, 9:28 pm

I'm thinking that on the big patch day I will have well over 1000 pets in my log. 2 accounts of my own plus my kid's account all on the same battlenet is a lot of pets! It would be funny to see how high those numbers go for some people. Of course then I will need to go under 500, or I won't be able to trap new pets in MoP. Anyone else curious?

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: We should have an informal contest

Post by GormanGhaste » August 21st, 2012, 10:19 am

I was wondering myself how high my pet count will be next week :)
Mingyao on Madoran

Plucky
Pet Score:2757
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Plucky » August 21st, 2012, 3:04 pm

Wait, so the new pet/mount interface will come next week....but Pet Battles would presumably be deactivated for the actual release of MoP?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 21st, 2012, 4:09 pm

Plucky wrote:Wait, so the new pet/mount interface will come next week....but Pet Battles would presumably be deactivated for the actual release of MoP?
Yes. Blizzard's current plan is to release the new account-wide collections and pet/mount UI with the pre-MoP patch (5.0.4). Pet Battles and the new pets (wild and non-wild) won't be available until the expansion's official release date.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Plucky
Pet Score:2757
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Plucky » August 22nd, 2012, 4:18 am

Quintessence wrote:
Plucky wrote:Wait, so the new pet/mount interface will come next week....but Pet Battles would presumably be deactivated for the actual release of MoP?
Yes. Blizzard's current plan is to release the new account-wide collections and pet/mount UI with the pre-MoP patch (5.0.4). Pet Battles and the new pets (wild and non-wild) won't be available until the expansion's official release date.
ALL pets? Even the ones that are technically either counting as "vanilla" such as the Gilnean Raven, Shore Crab and the Warbot Recipe...which level indicates that it's at least Cata level...or maybe it's source is from Mists...or maybe Pet Battle NPCs would be either disabled or despawned....who knows. :O

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » August 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

As I understand it, the only thing happening with pets on August 28 is combining them from all your characters, in the new pet journal. They're just setting the stage for MoP with the attack on Theramore, changing talents and glyphs, combining pets, achievements and mounts, doing away with the third weapon slot, etc.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…