[US Horde] Guild offering Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
[US Horde] Guild offering Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Post by Mowse » May 8th, 2013, 12:01 am

EDIT: I am no longer playing the game, but the guild will still be accepting people for the pet, so don't fear!

I'm making my own thread for this so I can update it and lay down some guidelines for those interested in obtaining the thundering serpent hatchling from guild gold challenge modes.

First of all, hi everyone, I'm Mowse, and I'm the guild leader of <Deal With It>. We are a horde guild located on the Shadowmoon - US server. Our server is pvp, but as most of our hatchlings could tell you, rolling a goblin is the safest and fastest way to get the pet, if you aren't looking to stay, or are frightened of player combat.

Currently I am accepting all interested, with no time limit, no fear of being removed - you are all welcome to stay as long as you'd like.

I've supplied over a hundred avid pet collectors with this pet, and I have no plans to stop now. We have a handful of people who have chosen to stick around because they like the guild, and that's totally fine too. I really enjoy the addition of all the nice, happy people to the guild. We are a pretty laid back, friendly guild - although not without our trolls and jerks. We are primarily a semi-hardcore raiding guild, and that is our main focus, but we boast a pretty large roster of all types, from casuals, to pvpers, our raiders, and of course, our hatchlings. If you have thin skin, you might not want to draw too much attention to yourself, because we do have some assholes in our guild, but I haven't had any problems with anyone to this point.

Currently, only two people in the guild are able to invite new players, myself, and Aphinator (Or anything else with Aph). Please do not bother anyone else in the guild for an invite. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait for me to log on, but you can always find me online Tuesday through Thursday from 8-12am EST. (The only exception to this being May 16-21, I will be out of the country) I will be raiding during these times, so if I don't answer you right away, be patient and remind me after DBM sends you the message we've finished the attempt, because I'll probably forget you asked for an invite.

Being as this is a difficult opportunity to find, I would please ask you all not to beg in guild chat for gold, bags, or other items. We invite many people each day for this pet, and we simply cannot supplement every person with the things they need. Take advantage of the gold you make while questing and the items you can sell. Most of our collectors have had significant luck in selling some of their harder to obtain pets on the auction house to afford the pet and the reputation tabard. Please take these routes and work toward obtaining the pet on your own - the guild isn't there to get the pet for you, we already did the hard part! I appreciate it.

If you have an addon that comments when people log in/out, get an achievement, please disable it while you are online in our guild. It's really annoying, and disturbing while we are raiding/pvping/etc. Thank you for understanding.

Look forward to seeing you all :)
Last edited by Mowse on May 25th, 2013, 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mowse

Re: [US Horde] Guild offering Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Post by Mowse » May 9th, 2013, 12:14 am

Bumping this just once because I want it above the other thread so people see my requests :3

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » May 9th, 2013, 1:43 pm

To bad I can not create a Char on a US Server. :| I wish someone would offer such great help on a EU Server.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » May 9th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Just like to say thanks to you folks who offer this. Very generous to put up with those of us who don't belong to a serious raiding guild for what ever the reasons.

I obtained this pet from another guild that was offering this as well. They stopped because they achieved some mount that only the serious raid guilds can achieve. Their intention was to sell the mount so the free access to the pet was halted.

I had a couple thoughts on how they handled various points you made.

To keep the chatter clear they put us into a special member level that had no access to post guild chat. We could still see the chat though never able to respond. While this was a bit frustrating to some, personally I found it it worked out fine for me.

Another way to avoid PVP if you don't care for it, there was a recommendation that you group with someone from a non PVP server and as long as they are higher level you stay on their server. That person doesn't even have to be online anymore, you only drop back to the original server once you leave the party.

An alternate way to make some extra gold is do mining and herbalism and sell on the Auction Hall. While not a ton of coin in the early levels you should have enough to buy the pet by the time you hit Revered status. This is the way I earned most of my coin and had more than I needed by the time I was done.

Thank you again for offering this to us pet hunters. Hopefully those that take advantage will behave themselves. :lol:
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Mowse

Post by Mowse » May 9th, 2013, 6:50 pm

I don't want to limit people's ability to chat, because unlike other guilds that have done this, I want everyone to feel they are apart of the guild. That is why I am not removing anyone, or putting a time limit. I just make the point about the chat addons to be respectful to other people in the guild who find it obnoxious. :)

Genie
Pet Score:3759
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Genie » May 9th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Mowse, you and your guild are wonderful for doing this. So refreshing to find kind people in wow these days. I was one of your guests for a few days and I would like to say again thank you!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 9th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Grifter wrote:To bad I can not create a Char on a US Server. :| I wish someone would offer such great help on a EU Server.
Here's the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2847]EU Thundering Serpent Hatchling thread[/url]. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Esterhazy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3718
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Esterhazy » May 10th, 2013, 3:16 am

Mowse... wow wow wow! :mrgreen:

As a RPer the picture of me questing via the cover and "safety" of bushes makes me chuckle. This is a fantastic offer and one I would love to take you up on!

I'm Australian so our play times are out of sync a little so it might take me a few attempts to leave my heaps comfy bed and walk into my freezing cold study to log onto your play hours but I'll send you a in game mail to introduce my toon at least.

This is very generous, thank you! (and thanks to <Deal with it>)

Elvenia
MVP
Pet Score:4954
BattleTag®:Aldred#1239
Realm:Shadowsong-us

Post by Elvenia » May 10th, 2013, 11:37 am

Thanks Mowse and Deal with It! I was able to get the Thundering Serpent Hatchling a while back after I made a panda monk (Riyun) and made revered guild status. My alliance guild on another server was not interested in getting the guild achievements for the hatchling so as a pet collector, I was really happy to find a guild that welcomed new members looking for the hatchling. Deal with It has friendly, active players and I intend to stay in the guild and level up my panda monk to 90 before the next expansion. I must admit, coming from an non-PvP server, it's kind of daunting when questing and not knowing if you'd be ganked but so far, it hasn't happened (probably because my toon is still in the Barrens/Ashenvale). I was able to sell some extra pets on the AH so I had enough money to get not only the hatchling, but also some of the panda racial mounts.

We are all trying to enjoy the game and when there are supportive, generous people and guilds like Mowse and Deal with It, it makes the whole experience that much better. So, thank you!!

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 10th, 2013, 12:35 pm

I have to tell everyone I have a had a great time and still have a toon in that guild. Partially because I really want to level my shammy who has been stuck at lvl 22 for way too long, and partially because I made too much gold selling pets to transfer the toon off the server. The people in the guild have been great even taking the time to explain why I kept getting flagged. I have since learned to stay out of the contested areas LOL... you live much longer. Booty Bay sucked because I kept getting killed that is until someone explained that Booty Bay is contested territory. LOL the alliance seemed to like killing us poor innocent Shammies who can not protect them selves from the big bad evil level 90's LOL.

The guild chat is fun and to be honest I haven't really seen any people that haven't been more then kind or helpful. And Yeah I get teased in guild chat every time I venture into contested territory and wonder why some idiot just killed me. But it's fun and a really interesting experience to be on a PvP server.

LOL I named my Thundering Serpent Hatchling Mowse but the best name I have heard so far is Mowsnificent

Mowse

Post by Mowse » May 11th, 2013, 3:56 am

Esterhazy wrote:
As a RPer the picture of me questing via the cover and "safety" of bushes makes me chuckle.
It's funny you mention that. When I first started playing the game, some 7, 8 years ago, I played a night elf druid, and I can clearly remember leveling in Ashenvale and using bushes for cover to go afk, or to shadowmeld in, to help shield from higher level eyes (who could still see through your stealth). Protip if you have a short name, turn off your title and you have a better chance to covering up your nameplate in walls, rocks, or bushes lol.

I have always played on a PvP server, and I can't imagine not having that thrill of imminent doom. I can see why some would find it daunting, but I just think it's more fun and challenging to be chased, camped, and scared. Leveling in Stonetalon Mountains, I was camped relentlessly by someone my level, and I kept going at it, practicing on him until I finally killed him and was able to camp him back xD. I've even made friends with higher levels who camped me. In fact, I gained a small bit of notoriety on my first server and had literally 2 guilds worth of people hunting me throughout Azeroth. Was fun! On our current server, there is this infamous night elf druid named Prayer, who hunts people and camps them and is really vicious about pvp. I got on her bad side and she hated me so much that she would run a trial account so that she could track me and my alts. Nothing like becoming afraid of bird shadows because you're waiting for her to swoop down and end you. It became a fun game of dodging her though, and pissing her off by switching toons whenever someone would tell me she was in the same zone lol.

If you do get camped, the best thing to do is just log off for about 10-15 minutes and go do something else. The griefer will typically be gone by the time you get back. (Unless it's Prayer, she'll stick around for hours) If they're still in the zone, you can move to another zone and try your luck there.

Taliaz
Pet Score:9491
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Taliaz » May 11th, 2013, 1:44 pm

This is an awesome offer! Hoping to find Mowse or Michello online sometime next week!

Thanks!!! :mrgreen:

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » May 11th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I would definitely be interested in getting this pet. I am not that familiar with a PVP server. Of what should I be aware?

Esterhazy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3718
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Esterhazy » May 11th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Mowse wrote:
Esterhazy wrote:
As a RPer the picture of me questing via the cover and "safety" of bushes makes me chuckle.
It's funny you mention that. When I first started playing the game, some 7, 8 years ago, I played a night elf druid, and I can clearly remember leveling in Ashenvale and using bushes for cover to go afk, or to shadowmeld in, to help shield from higher level eyes (who could still see through your stealth). Protip if you have a short name, turn off your title and you have a better chance to covering up your nameplate in walls, rocks, or bushes lol......
Unfortunately my name is long but Blizz gave me the most hilarious name from random generated that I must honor it for entertainment's sake. But I have a plan! My plan of attack is DoTs loads of em. I'm going lock and I'm going hard... from the safety of my bushes that is :lol:

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 13th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Just Bumping this. Several people have asked questions Thought this was the best way since I couldn't figure out how to put the actual link in my reply LOL

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 13th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Just Bumping this. Several people have asked questions Thought this was the best way since I couldn't figure out how to put the actual link in my reply LOL

To post links you need to choose the "Post Reply" button and not the "Quick Reply". Once in you choose the URL tab at the top and then enter the link in between the [url]enter link here[/ url].

Back on topic this is a really great thing you are doing for everyone Mowse thank you for doing it. 8-)
Last edited by Dragonwizard on May 14th, 2013, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Misteltoe
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Misteltoe » May 13th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Thank you to the guild members of Deal With It for allowing us this opportunity. I am currently a hatchling (name of Maagie) working toward getting the gold for my pet purchase.

This is my first Pvp server. As one who does no dueling beyond what it took for the achv and rarely does BGs or pvp unless talked into it by a guild mate, this is a new experience for me. I went into ashenvale, saw a guy who was afk get owned by a night elf rogue, then was killed myself when I was too stupid to move. I thought I was safe because I had not flagged myself......DOH....

So far this has been great fun. The guild is friendly and has graciously put up with a pvp noob like me.

Thank you, Mowse and Deal With It for making this pet available to the rest of us.

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 14th, 2013, 10:31 am

Thanks for offering this, started Emberjewel last night. I'll probably stick around past the hatchling, but may disappear for long stretches to work on my other toons, especially after a patch drops.
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Bbspouse
Pet Score:3752
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Bbspouse » May 15th, 2013, 3:22 am

Thank you for the most generous offer.
Will look for you for guild invite on Fifizel.

Again very much appreciate this opportunity.

Moonra
Pet Score:3164
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Moonra » May 15th, 2013, 4:03 am

Thank you so much for offering this! I am on a pve server that is mostly social, which I love. I created a toon on Shadowmoon named after my main. Her name is moonraskid, pretty please invite her to your guild!!