PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Piazzolla
Re: PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Piazzolla » May 22nd, 2013, 5:25 pm

Ryazan wrote:Worst. Fucking. Spawn. System. EVER.
THIS.

This might be the cruelest thing Blizzard has come up with as far as spawn mechanics go, seriously. I'd rather just be able to sit in one spot and camp than be forced to spend hours flying around Northrend spamming a target macro on every literal inch of the continent.

Is it too early to say that the timer is short/instant-ish, and the real time-consuming part is finding which obscure little corner of Northrend she's resurfaced in before someone else gets to her? It seems like lots of people are coming forth with new spawn points by the hour, and they've at least tripled overnight (cross-checking between here, Wowhead, the official forums, etc)... :shock:

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » May 22nd, 2013, 7:09 pm

I was about to give up for the night, but decided (as you do) for one last sweep. Found a poor quality one sitting at the Altar of Rhunok spawn point, Zul'Drak. Co-ords were 57,39 ish.

Never stoned any pet as fast ><

Happy hunting!

Caniki
Pet Score:7379
BattleTag®:Caniki#1336
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Caniki » May 22nd, 2013, 9:58 pm

Found mine in Howling Fjord at 68,67. Green quality B/B, but I'm happy.

Snarkies
Pet Score:5366
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Snarkies » May 23rd, 2013, 8:32 am

Found her just above the S in Star's Rest in Dragonblight!

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 23rd, 2013, 10:25 am

So do we know if this is just random or if there's some rationale? I looked again last night and this morning and found nothing, I realize I have somehow angered the RNG gods in this game (still can't get the crawdae) but I'd like to know where I should be looking!

I appreciate the coords given by those that have found the spawn, I'm using those as markers to fly around and check. At least I have something to set a path by!

Cakepop

Post by Cakepop » May 23rd, 2013, 10:30 am

Abyl1 wrote:So do we know if this is just random or if there's some rationale? I looked again last night and this morning and found nothing, I realize I have somehow angered the RNG gods in this game (still can't get the crawdae) but I'd like to know where I should be looking!

I appreciate the coords given by those that have found the spawn, I'm using those as markers to fly around and check. At least I have something to set a path by!
I'm hoping that maybe each zone has a certain number of spawn points, surely Blizzard wouldn't be so cruel as to make her able to spawn absolutely anywhere ;_;. I still haven't seen one since the first day when I chose the wrong character to log into first and someone was in the pet battle with it already :/. I'm also only going by coords people have posted, because flying around every part of Northrend is way too annoying.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2013, 11:46 am

Second run of all known spawnspots today. Located my third Unborn at the spawnpoint right SW of Rivers Heart in Sholazar. And it turned out to be the H/H breed. Finally done hunting them, as the first 2 turned out to be B/B breeds so Im happy!

Cakepop

Post by Cakepop » May 23rd, 2013, 11:54 am

Luciandk you inspired me to make the rounds again and I FOUND HER :D<3 at the 46, 42 spot in Howling Fjord so thank you for the inspiration :P

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Chuckthulu » May 23rd, 2013, 12:06 pm

I know it would be a fair amount of work, but has anyone cross-referenced the spawn points with the spawn points of "regular" rare mobs? I know I recognize several of these spots from my old rare-camping in Wrath. (hunter pets). I will see if I can find time today to do more research.

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 23rd, 2013, 12:50 pm

Britney wrote:Luciandk you inspired me to make the rounds again and I FOUND HER :D<3 at the 46, 42 spot in Howling Fjord so thank you for the inspiration :P
Sooo jealous :)

Congrats! I vow to find her tonight!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2013, 1:57 pm

Chuckthulu wrote:I know it would be a fair amount of work, but has anyone cross-referenced the spawn points with the spawn points of "regular" rare mobs? I know I recognize several of these spots from my old rare-camping in Wrath. (hunter pets). I will see if I can find time today to do more research.
Several of the known spawnpoints is on rare spawn locations. Easy to see if you have tomtom waypoints plotted in, coupled with npc scan painting rare spawn locs.

But 2 of the 3 Ive found was in areas with no rare spawns nearby.

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » May 23rd, 2013, 2:06 pm

Piazzolla wrote:
Ryazan wrote:Worst. Fucking. Spawn. System. EVER.
THIS.

This might be the cruelest thing Blizzard has come up with as far as spawn mechanics go, seriously. I'd rather just be able to sit in one spot and camp than be forced to spend hours flying around Northrend spamming a target macro on every literal inch of the continent.

Is it too early to say that the timer is short/instant-ish, and the real time-consuming part is finding which obscure little corner of Northrend she's resurfaced in before someone else gets to her? It seems like lots of people are coming forth with new spawn points by the hour, and they've at least tripled overnight (cross-checking between here, Wowhead, the official forums, etc)... :shock:
Well, one can hope that this means that this pet truly isn't as elusive as pets like the Minfernal used to be. However, I would agree that this mechanic is horrendous. I could understand covering an entire zone, like Icecrown, but the entire continent of Northrend is just asking too much of most pet enthusiasts. That is far too much ground to cover, which will simply lead to more and more frustration and, more importantly, boredom. Because unlike weather effect pets and random spawn timer pets of old, you cannot leave your computer while being on the move. At all. You'll either have to a. stop (which is pointless because now you're not covering ground) or b. continue to sit there.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » May 23rd, 2013, 4:45 pm

Hi.

Anyone know can this guy be added to NPCScan list?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 23rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

Moksu wrote:Hi.

It can be added, but mine goes off as soon as wow loads, and others report totally random alerts anyhow.

So it's kind of rubbish =(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 23rd, 2013, 5:29 pm

Jadax wrote:
Moksu wrote:Hi.

It can be added, but mine goes off as soon as wow loads, and others report totally random alerts anyhow.

So it's kind of rubbish =(
Steps to make it work (I think it works)
- Turn off NPCScan.
- Open your Pet Journal and uncheck "not collected".
- Log out, clear your WoW cache and re-enable NPCScan.

That should do it. The problem is that opening the Pet Journal with the pet visible triggers the alert with a false positive.

If you're paranoid like me, uncheck everything so that nothing is visible in your Pet Journal before adding the val'kyr to NPCScan. Overkill? Probably. But I don't like taking chances! :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 23rd, 2013, 7:25 pm

This must be Blizz's way of making us not ignore Northrend. Damned you Blizz. This hunt is horrible.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » May 23rd, 2013, 7:37 pm

Has anyone got theirs to do this yet? hehehe

[url=http://youtu.be/byJsO6cEMEE]LIVE My Pet[/url]

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2013, 9:49 pm

An interesting discovery about Unborn Valkyrs. If you cast Haunt on your turn of immortality from being killed, and your victim survives long enough. Then the Valkyr will be ressurected one time more, but dying instantly again.

Also a potentially nasty combo: When you are close to death, cast Unholy Ascension, killing yourself and triggering Undeath. Giving you a mollestation free turn to cast your final parting gift in an empowered Curse of Doom.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » May 24th, 2013, 3:45 am

Quintessence wrote: That should do it.
I tried this technique but it did not give me the notification when i actually found the pet. so dunno whats wrong with it..
anyway got my pet already soo.. lucky me

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » May 24th, 2013, 9:51 am

After flying around for hours over the past two days I finally found mine by logging in at a spawn location where I logged out yesterday. ^^
I can confirm that NPCScan didn't work, even though I did everything as Quintessence describes. So it seems to be a little random or influenced by other addons whether it will recognize the Val'kyr or not.

PS: Also thanks to the Horde who was kind enough not to attack me while I was battling. :)