PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waveryn
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Waveryn » May 17th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Dakender wrote:
Waveryn wrote: Thats where my toon is but does not show any toon when I pick the server and it stops at connected, tried so many times I just gave up.
Wife had that problem at one time, what we did was copy the entire directory to a flash drive, then did a full UNINSTALL of the ptr... then just clicked on the .exe file on the flash drive and it's played fine ever since.
Just uninstalled second time and downloaded and I am in, sadly having to do many lobie pet quests over but have some cool LvL 25 ones I dont even own, gave me like 25 pets total I think LOL of my 514 on my account.
Wave

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566

Post by Dakender » May 17th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Waveryn wrote:Just uninstalled second time and downloaded and I am in, sadly having to do many lobie pet quests over but have some cool LvL 25 ones I dont even own, gave me like 25 pets total I think LOL of my 514 on my account.
Yea, seems like every time they update i jump up to over 650 pets ;) done some tests, put every single pet that is cageable in the bank, then when next patch came, pow.... 650+ pets again :) hehehe, gonna fill the guild bank up with all of them.. I know it's random, cause wife got a bunch I dind't have and I got a bunch she didn't...

What's your toons name? i'll look ya up and get ya invited to the Warcraftpets guild if ya want in. Getting hard to camp all these spots for the Val'kyr and play live at the same time ;) hehehe

Esterhazy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3718
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Esterhazy » May 18th, 2013, 2:40 am

Everyone here always refers to "4" spots, not 5. Do we not count the one that is reported on wowhead: (http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=71163#comments)
"OK, I have only found them 3 times, and today only (Saturday 4/20/13), last 4 days I have not seen any. 9am CST (Missouri). Was in Scourgeholme and flew just a bit west to area that shows "The Broken Front". That area there I have seen 2, tamed one and let another guy get the 2nd one. Both poor quality. This is also the area that is shown in the pictures all over the net. Coords are about 74.0 x 64.9"
Just because there is no pics are we writing this one off? (I ask because I'm still trusting it.)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » May 18th, 2013, 7:37 am

In my opinion, I think that spot was a test and a few people got lucky to see her there.
couple points
1. The name and placement of the green paw were all wrong on that day. Name a few inches above head and Green Paw above that a few inches. (Like it is in live today)
2. The name and placement of the green paw ever since that one day has always been, with the name way way up above the mob and green paw a few inches above the head below the name.

Timing I think, we got luck when GM's / Designers were taking their pictures on one server, we saw her on the other... Who knows.. but I know I have checked numerous times every day since and never seen one again.

Oh, and by the way, she was up again this morning, 7:15 CDT (Missouri) in Icecrown. Ozlem from wowhead came by and verified, then someone else came in and starting taming :) heheh, was going to test to see if she did despawn....... Oh welll...

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » May 18th, 2013, 9:33 am

LOL, I have come to realize, that capturing one at the Sholazar Basin spawn point is going to a "PAIN"..... camping her there while I do other stuff on LIVE and I swear, ever 10 min a hunter comes by or pops in :) When 5.3 goes live, I think I'll camp a less popular area. Still seen her pop more times in Icecrown than anywhere.

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » May 18th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Esterhazy wrote: There have been 5 confirmed spawn spots (from here and wowhead):
1) The broken front near Scourgeholme, not a rare spawn spot.
Putridus
4) East of Altar of Rhunok, Zul'drak, not a rare spawn spot.
Terror Spinner
EDIT: It's also right near a Gondria spawn, after double-checking.
5) North of K3, snowblind hills (near cave) Storm peaks, not a rare spawn spot.
Does Time-Lost/Vyragosa spawn near here?

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » May 18th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Alright, I think that the Val'kyr spawning conditions have something to do with the Val'kyr. people should try paying attention to whats going on with them at that time. like when the val'kyr are captured by the argen crusade, it happens, and its not player controlled. so maybe its a looped story part, whenever something happens with the val'kyr one spawns somewhere. maybe a val'kyr is killed? im going to investigate around and i'll report back what I find.

Esterhazy
Top Rater

Post by Esterhazy » May 18th, 2013, 7:09 pm

LOL Kurasu those are not rare spawn spots. As a hunter you wouldn't be hovering east of Altar of Rhunok to capture either terror spinner or Gondria. Rares are in that area but not on those actual spots. I thought mumper squashed this rare pet theory when he tweeted it was just a coincidence? He is vague with his tweets about info but I've found he never lies or misleads.

@Aerozia, I like this idea, is there any Val'kyr action in sholazar or zul'drak? Or do you think it could be just one general val'kyr event that will trigger the pet to spawn anywhere? :geek: I'll keep a eye out.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » May 18th, 2013, 7:27 pm

will be honestl, at the time of my earlier post I had not read the whole thread, I have now and see I am not the only one to notice the val'kyr at the tournament. but im expanding on my idea, from the wow wiki page:

"Val'kyr are a type of undead Vrykul, and seem to be a recent addition to the armies of the Scourge. They act as the Lich King's agents in the spirit world, being described by Thoralius the Wise as being "fearsome creatures made of pure nightmare" that "now stand watch over the realm of the elements".[2]

Val'kyr are created from the female vrykul dwellers of Valkyrion who accept the Lich King's "gift".[3] Valkyrion Aspirants can be found at Valkyrion as well as Nascent Val'kyr. At least one example exists of a female vrykul being turned into a val'kyr at another location as well.[4] Val'kyr serve as judges for vrykul combatants and decide which become vargul or ymirjar,[5][6] and also judge slain vrykul.[2]

Val'kyr Battle-maidens watch over fresh death knights in Acherus: The Ebon Hold alongside the Lich King. When death knights die in the instanced area of the Scarlet Enclave, they will come and resurrect the slain."

the part I have embolden should be reread a couple times. very interesting. im going to be checking out storm peaks for a while.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 18th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Esterhazy wrote:I thought mumper squashed this rare pet theory when he tweeted it was just a coincidence?
He did, and I don't doubt him, except there's so little information on where/how/when the Unborn Val'kyr will spawn, it's only natural that people will gravitate towards known "hot-spots". In this case it's the general area of rare spawns.

I think it's both not a coincidence and a coincidence at the same time. This pet probably has many spawn locations, including near rare spawn areas (but not exclusively). We just haven't been able to catch it up in more of those non-rare spots because.. well the ratio between what's a rare spawn area and whats not is pretty huge. :lol:

The patch is coming out next week, so we'll have even more people searching and providing details/information soon. We'll figure it out eventually! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » May 18th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Esterhazy wrote:@Aerozia, I like this idea, is there any Val'kyr action in sholazar or zul'drak? Or do you think it could be just one general val'kyr event that will trigger the pet to spawn anywhere? :geek: I'll keep a eye out.
Ahhh here is something, grasping at straws? Could be BUT....... go to the spawn point in Sholazar Basin and get on a flying mount :) Hold down your space bar and FLY STRAIGHT UP... Keep going...... what do you see? Now fly over to them and kill one... What do they drop? Dropped Object

Getting down to the wire for time and running out of things to try :)
She was up again in Sholazar this morning 8:15am CDT in Sholazar Basin, logged out and back on the other 4 camping spots to confirm she wasn't up more than once and didn't see a thing, back to Sholazar and she is still here. Will see if she despawns or someone tames.

Did a test on wifes ptr account today on the one up in Sholazar, while watching on my account and taking pictures. I can see they almost put some mechanics in like hunter pets.... It's going to be tricky. She came with two biletoads. She cast HAUNT the very first attack. Biletoad came in and I killed it. She came back, then cast HAUNT the 2nd time... was running out of pets by that time.. Fought 2nd bile toad trying not to kill and on the 4th attack she came back to life.... Killed 2nd biletoad and she came back to fight. Finally on the 3 time to fight her she didn't cast it, used Turnip to weeken her then the capture.

SO many "What If's". Already had one toad dead and working on 2nd toad while she was still dead. What if I killed that toad and the 4 turn was not up?

Gonna be fun :)

Edit:
She is up again, 3:00pm CDT (Missouri) Icecrown below citadel.
Again, logged out and checked all the other spots, None up at them, only this one

Waveryn
Pet Score:13698

Post by Waveryn » May 19th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Dakender wrote:
Waveryn wrote:Just uninstalled second time and downloaded and I am in, sadly having to do many lobie pet quests over but have some cool LvL 25 ones I dont even own, gave me like 25 pets total I think LOL of my 514 on my account.
Yea, seems like every time they update i jump up to over 650 pets ;) done some tests, put every single pet that is cageable in the bank, then when next patch came, pow.... 650+ pets again :) hehehe, gonna fill the guild bank up with all of them.. I know it's random, cause wife got a bunch I dind't have and I got a bunch she didn't...

What's your toons name? i'll look ya up and get ya invited to the Warcraftpets guild if ya want in. Getting hard to camp all these spots for the Val'kyr and play live at the same time ;) hehehe
Same name Waveryn.
Wave

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 20th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Here is a Interview with Cory Stockton. At the 19:45 minute mark into the interview he starts talking about the Unborn Val'kyr.

Basiclly he says:
  • They are Random set of spawns across All of Northrend
  • Spawns have nothing to do with killing rares
  • Players CAN affect the spawns (when a player captures one it can affect if another one spawns or where it spawns)
  • People catching them CAN change the way that they spawn
  • The Unborn Val'kyr can rez dead critters in the world (not pets just npc critters)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » May 20th, 2013, 12:47 pm

This is what I've been waiting for for a long time in WoW. Something that can randomly spawn anywhere, not just a small, predetermined area. Hope to see that used on many other future spawns of any kind.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 20th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Casca wrote:This is what I've been waiting for for a long time in WoW. Something that can randomly spawn anywhere, not just a small, predetermined area. Hope to see that used on many other future spawns of any kind.
Why? It just makes it harder to find, and doesn't add anything to the process of catching the pet.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » May 20th, 2013, 5:02 pm

It makes it actually fun compared to pets like the Minfernal. Instead of camping one little spot players will spread out all over Northrend.
Of course there will again be those who put a char at every known spawn point and constantly log between them, but to each his own. Personally, if it has to be rare, I prefer this spawn technique.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 20th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Part of me feels like we've been royally trolled by the devs. XD "New spawning mechanic" made it seem like some intricate puzzle we had to figure out. Instead it's just a random spawn across multiple zones. I guess we read way too far into it lol.

Still, can't wait to collect this pet! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Esterhazy
Top Rater

Post by Esterhazy » May 21st, 2013, 6:35 am

Quintessence wrote:Part of me feels like we've been royally trolled by the devs. XD "New spawning mechanic" made it seem like some intricate puzzle we had to figure out. Instead it's just a random spawn across multiple zones. I guess we read way too far into it lol.

Still, can't wait to collect this pet! :)
I agree 100% lol especially since this was said right at the end :shock:

I know the player can't create a spawn but did anyone attempt to just mass kill critters and see if she spawned? I think I'm going to save myself some tears and work on that darn cute Gahz'rooki first. Happy hunting and thanks everyone for all the effort you put into this! 8-)

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 21st, 2013, 7:28 am

It sounds like to me that only one can be up at a time ... anywhere.

So it looks like I will be leveling my Level 70 Pally (and my Level 52 Warrior, and eventually my Level 20 Mage) through Northrend questing only and hoping to stumble upon one. I totally look forward to doing a mouseover for every green paw I see :?
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Mayoradeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:6934
BattleTag®:mayor#1927
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Mayoradeath » May 21st, 2013, 8:26 am

This pet only spawns under very specific server conditions that are as of yet unknown to the general public, such as weather or time of day or season of the year but there is nothing we can do to trigger them to spawn besides wait and search. If you have any ideas what the conditions are please let the rest of us know :)