Weather Predicting

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tirak
Pet Score:2991
Realm:Hellscream-us
Weather Predicting

Post by Tirak » April 17th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I have finally went back to northrend to get the last few pets I need their. All I need is the arctic foxling. Sadly it only spawns when it snows and so far all week stormpeaks has NOT lived up to its name.

Is their any way to predict the weather in WoW? does it only snow on certain days or times?

Gurggulk
Pet Score:2596
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Re: Weather Predicting

Post by Gurggulk » April 18th, 2013, 6:15 am

The only reliable way to predict the weather is to use the Weathermage. ;)

This is a mage who's only job is to camp a region and monitor the weather conditions.

Checking in with your Weathermage when logging in and logging out are good times to begin and end a day of wow. Be sure to check your mid-day report and any other times you feel the Weathermage might have news for you.

My Weathermage has been of great service in collecting pets where the weather on the ground is of critical importance.

The arctic foxling took almost 2 weeks of steady weather watching before snow began falling and the foxes came out to play.

Good luck with your weather watching.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » April 18th, 2013, 7:14 am

Tirak wrote:Is their any way to predict the weather in WoW? does it only snow on certain days or times?
Short answer is no. Longer answer is that they deliberately made weather random enough that addons can't track/predict it.
Image Image

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 19th, 2013, 11:05 am

Just remember Storm Peaks has several weather zones - so it may be snowing down in K3 while you're up at Ulduar (as an example). You can either camp one spot or fly around (I usually do it when I'm bored and feel that the WoW Gods might bestow a TLPD on me :P)

Sinnocence
Top Rater
Pet Score:2385
BattleTag®:Calliste#1502
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Sinnocence » April 19th, 2013, 6:04 pm

If you can, server hopping has proven to be the only way for me to obtain any harder to get or weather dependent pets.. I'm still waiting on my sandstorm.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 21st, 2013, 7:30 am

My weather station in my house has a hard enough time predicting the weather outside and you want a weather predictor in game? :lol:

But yeah, RNG can be a cruel mistress sometimes.