Pets disappearing?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dalrint
Pet Score:9471
Realm:Khaz Modan-us
Pets disappearing?

Post by Dalrint » April 17th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Anyone else had a pet vanish from their pet book? I've had to catch a yellow-bellied marmot twice now, and both times it has disappeared from my collection within a few hours.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Pets disappearing?

Post by Maizing » April 17th, 2013, 11:44 pm

None of my wild caught pets have, but my Chi-ji Kite and my [pet]Yu'lon Kite[/pet] are not showing up in my journal. They show up on my armory and here, but I cannot summon them or interact with them at all. I even went so far as to get new ones, but they also are not showing up in my pet journal.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » April 18th, 2013, 2:36 am

just a thought about the kites - could it be that you have unselected pets that can't battle?

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » April 18th, 2013, 5:45 am

Maizing wrote:None of my wild caught pets have, but my Chi-ji Kite and my [pet]Yu'lon Kite[/pet] are not showing up in my journal. They show up on my armory and here, but I cannot summon them or interact with them at all. I even went so far as to get new ones, but they also are not showing up in my pet journal.

As far as the kites go that happened to me last week. It ended up being a addon that wouldn't let me see them (and yes I made sure that nonbattle pets was checked and all that stuff). What I did was log out and shut off all of my pet addons (pet journal enhanced, pokewow, etc etc). When I logged back in the kites where there.

As far as the OP sorry but I have yet to see that happen.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Telamont
Top Rater
Pet Score:4907
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Telamont » April 18th, 2013, 5:49 am

I had the Stormwind Rat disappear and have to be recaptured three times. Then I leveled it to 5 and it has stayed in journal since.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » April 18th, 2013, 10:54 am

My sister had the same issue a few days ago, and re-installing pet journal enhanced did the trick; if you get this problem and it isn't fixed by a simple relog, disable and renable any pet-journal related add ons you have.