So how many pets if only traping/collecting?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu
So how many pets if only traping/collecting?

Post by Aggressive » July 22nd, 2012, 7:28 am

Have anyone count how many pet's there is to actually "trap", excluding all pets that you can buy on ebay (TCG pets), pet's no longer obtainable, pets that requires achievements and other "shit".
How many pets can you gather through just PBS?

Seems like I will have a very hard time to gather 400 pets to get Venus. As I don't have that many rare non PBS gatherable pets. :/
So I guess I have to start farm some on live realms. :D

How many is it possible to get on live now? If you get all achievement ones, drops, Blizzard store etc.?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: So how many pets if only traping/collecting?

Post by Jadax » July 22nd, 2012, 9:27 am

Aggressive wrote:Have anyone count how many pet's there is to actually "trap", excluding all pets that you can buy on ebay (TCG pets), pet's no longer obtainable, pets that requires achievements and other "shit".

Seems like I will have a very hard time to gather 400 pets to get Venus. As I don't have that many rare non PBS gatherable pets. :/

How many is it possible to get on live now? If you get all achievement ones, drops, Blizzard store etc.?
You can quite comfortably get at least 150 without shelling out real money.

Aggressive

Post by Aggressive » July 22nd, 2012, 10:44 am

Sunscorch wrote:
Aggressive wrote:Have anyone count how many pet's there is to actually "trap", excluding all pets that you can buy on ebay (TCG pets), pet's no longer obtainable, pets that requires achievements and other "shit".

You can quite comfortably get at least 150 without shelling out real money.
Yeah, probably a bit more. I had 103 when started, got 270 unique now and still many more to get.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 22nd, 2012, 1:14 pm

Aggressive wrote:How many pets can you gather through just PBS?
Here are the totals in the Pet Journal as of beta patch 15882:
  • Total # of unique pets - 497

Total # of wild pets - 245

Total # of non-wild pets - 251
    (NOTE: Worg Pup is still missing but will be back in a future patch. Add this pet to the total, and it will be 252.)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aggressive

Post by Aggressive » July 23rd, 2012, 3:52 pm

There's at least 2 more pets that ain't visible (but trappable) in book. Eternal something from Vale of Eternal, can't remember the other one.

Aggressive

Post by Aggressive » July 24th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Crap, I can only get to ~370 pets as it is now. Sorted list to show only Pet Battle-ones, and I have all except 57, and I have 313 now in total (unique). :( No point even giving it a try then. :/
Unless ppl here got tradable pets like Murkimus, Lil XT, Lil DW, Mini Thor and so on. :D Also some "very rare drops" every here and there. :)
I WANT VENUS!