Possible raid buffs from vanity pet idea

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu
Possible raid buffs from vanity pet idea

Post by Xandrolar » April 12th, 2013, 5:43 pm

So i was thinking, you've caught all your pets, you've leveld them to max and done dailys to death, how about adding in a small raid buff unique to each class of pet:

Example, Elemental pets: Fridged Frostling (at level 25) will apply a raid wide passive buff that for example lowers frost damage by say 10%, Fel Flame (at level 25) lowers fire damage by 10%

Or even Critter type pets, that will give a small boost to overall damage to the raid?

of course the buffs would not stack for multipul pets of the same type, but it would add another stratigy to the mix. You KNOW theres a tough boss coming up that needs major DPS but also does a lot of fire based damage - do you go for the small DPS increase or the small damage decrease from its attacks???

What do you guys all think?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Possible raid buffs from vanity pet idea

Post by Tahsfenz » April 13th, 2013, 6:37 am

Well since its technically impossible to have every pet, sure! I personally think it would be a bad idea, but that's me. I could see it now, the uproar because a higher geared person got passed up because he doesn't level pets.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 13th, 2013, 1:09 pm

that would just make for needless complication, even if its a neat idea. Plus some people prefer having specific pets out. After all, they did seriously rework raidbuffs to make it easier to deal with.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » April 13th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Xandrolar wrote:you've caught all your pets, you've leveld them to max and done dailys to death, how about adding in a small raid buff unique to each class of pet
Anything like this will almost certainly never happen. Pet battles were added to the game specifically as a minigame you could do at max level that would have no effect on player power.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » April 14th, 2013, 6:08 pm

just no. this would be a nightmare. not only would a raid have to determine the best set of pet out for every single boss (e.g. not every boss deals frost damgag), or even worse, every single phase of a boss, it would also render battle pets mandatory. there would be a lot of farming involved in order to be able to have all necessary pets out. that's the last thing i'd want as an avid pet collector. it's the gimmicky feel of the system that makes it great.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » April 14th, 2013, 6:50 pm

The last thing we need is yet more complicated buffs to min/max on.
Image Image