Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
wind rider cubs... sold out!

Post by Moneypenny » April 7th, 2013, 10:19 pm

its just an fyi since a lot are still looking for them, the wind rider cubs have been sold out for 2 months now on the blizz store and not available to buy even if you ring them ( i have tried) ...only way to currently get them is thru ebay :(
the gentleman from blizzard said he couldn't not tell me if they are to be restocked as they are limited anyway..

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000863
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: wind rider cubs... sold out!

Post by Morlis » April 8th, 2013, 2:29 am

Heh, I would say the Gryphon Hatchling is in the same boat eventaully... I would further add if you don't have it get it because next thing you'll find is blizzard sold out and all the vultures who hoarded them will pop out on ebay wanting 200 bucks. :evil:

For once I got mine in time, which is so unlike me. I still kick myself for not getting collectors Burning Crusade when I should and now if I ever get it I will pay through the nose for it. :(

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » April 8th, 2013, 6:05 am

Yup for a few months I was up in the air about buying them. I had looked the week prior and they where both there and decided that next week I will get them. Then when it came time to buy them the Cub was sold out. I am still kicking myself for waiting.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » April 8th, 2013, 8:21 am

morlis if you go to ebay games they may have copies of burning crusade you can always ask :)

dragon if i find someone with a code ill let you know, i was just very lucky getting mine ..
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » April 9th, 2013, 1:01 am

I think one or both has been sold out before. Since its a physical item it probably takes longer to restock than the digital-only pets, but I'm guessing that they will eventually get them back. They are likely both popular and profitable for them.

I did *just* get mine. Perhaps I am lucky.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » April 9th, 2013, 6:17 am

Personally I have mixed views regarding rare/bought pets/mounts.

On one hand it's nice to have something very few people have but on the other the wrong people are profiting from it. At the end of the day, however you jazz it up, all pets and mounts are are 1's and 0's. Digital goods in a digtal world. Should WoW end tomorrow, your £300 mount you bought on eBay is worthless.

I'd like to see old pets and mounts from deleted acheivements, old TCG packs, Blizzard Store/collectors editions etc. be available to all. Be it through the online store or through the Black Market AH or similar (just needs more stock).

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » April 9th, 2013, 5:31 pm

TCG stuff all ready can show up on the BMAH. And I'm fairly certain I've heard of Black/Plagued Protodrakes showing up there too. You won't find any Blizzcon or CE pets/mounts there, however. Those are exclusive to their promotions.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » April 10th, 2013, 8:10 pm

I justified those two as a birthday present for my daughter. Just snatch the card from its neck before you wrap and viola no wife-guilt for the pets lol

Klya
Pet Score:4413

Post by Klya » April 10th, 2013, 8:39 pm

I feel ya, Formerruling! One bio son, one step son, 2 plush pets = justified and guilt-free! 2 years later, it's still great when they come up with them in hand and ask to see me summon or battle with theirs :D

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 11th, 2013, 7:07 pm

I can confirm that the TCG pets and previously 'removed' mounts such as Plagued Proto Drake can now be found on the BMAH. Not so much with removed pets but I think it's only a matter of time tbh.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » April 12th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Aislinge wrote:I can confirm that the TCG pets and previously 'removed' mounts such as Plagued Proto Drake can now be found on the BMAH. Not so much with removed pets but I think it's only a matter of time tbh.
Its very few "removed" mounts that are available. I'm not sure I've heard of any other than the Naxx proto drakes (which quite honestly, should have been put back on their original achievements ages ago when they dropped the ridiculous idea of removing the achievement mounts each tier). Otherwise, the mounts that show up on there are just rare (or TCG), which is what you see from the pets too.