Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Cool way to get a Minfernal

Post by Gwenolyn » April 5th, 2013, 4:54 pm

A friend just showed me a cool way to get a minfernal. Make a target minfernnal macro. Keybind interact with target. Take a flightpath through Felwood (I think it might need to originate outside of Felwood to put you on the "flightpath" server - the one where you can see the little pets below /cry).

When you fly over, the gryph goes close enough to the ground to engage in battle. It stops your flight and you start pet battling. Wow, I wish I had known this sooner. Well, would just be another elemental stone sitting in my bags actually :)

Anyway. GL and hope this helps someone. Many thanks to my guildie Ephlock for the killer tip!!

Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Cool way to get a Minfernal

Post by Mowse » April 6th, 2013, 2:21 pm

I tried this a while back but could never get close enough to any of them :( Luckily, though, after trying once, I gave up and was flying over where they spawn and one spawned! I found my scourged whelping immediately afterward, too lol. Supposedly you can get an andonized cub with the flight path trick also, but I found one on a deserted server so I never tried it.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 6th, 2013, 5:01 pm

I was never able to get this to work. Made a DK on ravenholt and got him the next morning.

Corleggy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2888
BattleTag®:roquefort#1377
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Corleggy » April 6th, 2013, 9:37 pm

I made a DK on a brazilian server, was never anyone out there except maybe 1-2 people leveling that I saw. checked for 3 days and got it without any heavy camping, just wish I had done it sooner.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 6th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Corleggy wrote:I made a DK on a brazilian server, was never anyone out there except maybe 1-2 people leveling that I saw. checked for 3 days and got it without any heavy camping, just wish I had done it sooner.
My wife said the same thing to me, "why didn't we do this sooner?". We leveled one night, parked ourselves in the area. She woke up and logged on and boom! She didn't want to tell me hen ingot up, but there was one sitting there in ~ 45 min to an hour. Got a magic stone and never looked back.

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » April 6th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Had a guildie get his this way, so I tried it. Engaged one (common), but abandoned fight since I have a rare. A minfernal has to be close to the flight path, so some luck involved. I think I flew from Ashenvale to Winterspring 5 times before I got one to engage.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 8th, 2013, 1:55 pm

I got mine by making a DK on a non-CRZ, Spanish speaking, RPPVP realm. Population was unbelievably low and I found my minfernal within 5 minutes of arriving in Felwood. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Maliander » April 9th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Got my Minfernal with the Flightpath trick, but with a twist. After logging in on my pet-camp character, I took a flightpath from Felwood to Darkshore to try the trick on the way back. While on the flightpath (so still in the Felwood CRZ), I saw a Minfernal on the map already. Immediately logged out and in to be able to fly back manually from the next point in the flightpath chain and flew over to capture it.

Sci
Top Rater
Pet Score:7805
BattleTag®:Sci#1772
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Sci » April 11th, 2013, 1:58 pm

I attempted this so many times from grove of the ancients in darkshore to whisperwind grove in felwood or from nordrassil in hyjal to to wildheart point in felwood and never managed to get close enough. I tried camping as well and only ever saw two both of which I was too slow to get to. Finally got mine derping by on an unrelated mission and saw one standing out and not a soul in sight. Just a side note, it seems taking the flight path from hyjal puts us on a different flightpath crz than the one from darkshore as while I was trying this trick there would be more when I flew from hyjal than when I took off from darkshore.

Thorox
Top Rater
Pet Score:2355
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Thorox » April 11th, 2013, 11:17 pm

I never had any luck after trying several times this way. My nephew however did get his this way after only 3 fly overs. Like others have said, luck has a lot to do with it. I ended up getting mine after about 3 weeks of farming for him. A group of 3 horde players were questing in the area and had almost everything there killed when I arrived, and within 5 min of running around one spawned. I'm not sure what had to do with who or why, but I summoned my minfernal and waved a thank you at the horde.

Moritsume
Pet Score:13491
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » April 12th, 2013, 1:01 am

I got this method to work after...maybe 3 days of checking once or twice. I flew from Hellscream's Watch in Ashenvale up to the Whispering Grove in Felwood. Many times I saw plenty of Minfernals, but could never reach them. I think doing this method there is only one you can reach, and you fly right over it. On the 3rd day I was able to snag one on an alt DK and my mains realm. Mentioned it to my guildie and he got it within a week of trying. Can't recommend this method enough!

It's not a method you should just try to repeatedly do though. I'd check once or twice a day to preserve your sanity and you'll ban one soon enough!

Amøøn
Pet Score:2450
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Amøøn » May 27th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Used an alt on a low pop server, killed tainted rats, about 30 mins later, up popped my minfernal :D

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » May 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Think they nixed this method... can anyone confirm?

Tirak
Pet Score:2991
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tirak » May 28th, 2013, 8:21 am

I tried the fly over, target, and spam interact method using the FP's recommended on WoWhead. It kept saying I was too far away. It's annoying as I NEVER see them when I land in Felwood (only when flying in) and one or two people always camp them.

If I ever learn people try and cap multiple ones for a rare, or cap them to sell at AH, I will be ticked off. Get one for the achievement then battle until you get a stone to upgrade it or such.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » May 28th, 2013, 9:10 am

I got one by making a dk alt and checking twice a play session.

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » May 28th, 2013, 9:27 am

Tirak wrote:I tried the fly over, target, and spam interact method using the FP's recommended on WoWhead. It kept saying I was too far away. It's annoying as I NEVER see them when I land in Felwood (only when flying in) and one or two people always camp them.
As of the week before patch 5.3 dropped it still worked, I don't know about now. As for the key binding I wish I had found that tip earlier, it's so nice just to target a pet and then press my shortcut key instead of trying to click it again just right.

Dekafox
Pet Score:5020
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Dekafox » May 28th, 2013, 10:03 am

Yeah, if you do get in range now it gives the message "You cannot pet battle while on a transport". Finally managed to get one the normal way a couple days ago just logging in to check on a "What the hell, why not" gesture. No one camping and one up! This was on Draenor US, a Med pop realm. Seems like not many campers anymore on that CRZ group from what I've seen.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 28th, 2013, 10:40 am

I think this might be the best time to camp it on your normal servers. Most of the people are moving onto the new "impossible" to get one. Once the Valkyrie is caught by many, I think this will make it rougher to find again.

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ragingfurball
Top Rater
Pet Score:1829
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ragingfurball » May 29th, 2013, 1:32 am

It would appear that the flight path trick is indeed nixed as of 5.3. Upon trying it for over an hour, I kept getting the 'You cannot pet battle while mounted' message. Time to go back to stocking up on energy drinks and anxiety pills everyone.