Top 5 companions you have?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zillum20
Pet Score:3233
Realm:Outland-eu
Top 5 companions you have?

Post by Zillum20 » December 7th, 2011, 12:53 am

Most people here have a MASSIVE collection, but how do you decide which ones to use and when?
Favoroutism!.

My mount collection is the same way, i have 2 bars dedicated to my fave mounts and 2 bars for my little critters.

But what's YOUR top 5? I'll list mine for a start. (they must be in you're collection ;-))

--COMPANIONS--
Hjal Bear Cub
Stinker
Elwynn Lamb
Celestial Dragon
Sea Pony

--MOUNTS--
Raven Lord
White Polar Bear
Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
Red Proto Drake
Ultra Marine Battle Tank

So whats yours?
Happy collecting.

Menacé--Trollbane EU

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Top 5 companions you have?

Post by Doobjanka » December 7th, 2011, 2:07 am

I love all my pets and mount equally, so I use the summon random pet macro and Gogo mount addon so I give them all equal time.

I do admit to sometimes continuing to press the macro if a pet I don't feel like running around with comes up, but it all depends on my mood!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 7th, 2011, 2:12 am

*nods* I use GupPet, so I have my minipets on random and I get to see all of them. It's easy to choose my top favourite minipet (Dark Whelpling), but I have so many that I like besides him it would be tough to choose the top 5.

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » December 7th, 2011, 2:34 am

Pets:
Azure Whelpling
Sprite Darter Hatchling
Phoenix Hatchling (original, not dark)
Sea Pony
Mojo

Mounts:
White Hawkstrider
Twilight Drake
Fel Steed
Scepter of Azj-Aqir
Ravenlord
Last edited by Gwen on December 15th, 2011, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because soulshards are pink.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 7th, 2011, 3:38 am

Doobjanka wrote:I love all my pets and mount equally, so I use the summon random pet macro and Gogo mount addon so I give them all equal time.

I do admit to sometimes continuing to press the macro if a pet I don't feel like running around with comes up, but it all depends on my mood!
Same! Otherwise I find it's too tough to choose just one. I still wish Blizzard gave us an item that allowed us to have a couple pets out at the same time. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zingela
Top Rater
Pet Score:3313
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Zingela » December 7th, 2011, 3:41 am

Pets:
Rocket Chicken
Mr. Grubbs
White Kitten
Mulgore Hatchling
Darkmoon Zeppelin (yeah, I just got it--but it fits my character so freakin' well)

Mounts:
X-51 Nether Rocket X-TREME
Brewfest Ram (normal)
Big Battle Bear
Blizzard Bear
Swift Zhevra

Swift Forest Strider is going to certainly take one of those slots once I get it, though.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 7th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Pets:
Spirit of Competition
Speedy
Snowshoe Bunny
Phoenix Hatchling
4 easy choices for me, the last one will probaly be Murkimus the Gladiator, because he was the first murloc i got, dont know about the rest of you, but for me murlocs are something special, since just having one is a bit rare :)

Mounts:

Frostwolf Howler, Because i farmed it with an old friend i dont talk to anymore, and its the only thing i got to remember her by
Red Riding nether ray, My best friend bought this to me, even tho she doesnt remember -_-
Rivendare's Deathcharger, I was in the instance with a friend of mine to farm some shards, and she passed it too me :O
Cobalt Riding/War Talbuk, The first rep mount i farmed, i like them all, but the Cobalt ones are a tiny bit cooler than the rest ^^
Swift Zulian Tiger, Since its my most rare mount

I really need to edit in the Cenarion War Hippogryph, just for the huge amount of time i spend on farming the rep (mostly for my mace tho), this was one of my favorite mounts when i started, and even tho it costed a huge amount of money back then, i managed to get it before the expansion was over! :)
Last edited by Domie on December 18th, 2011, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 7th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I have a random summon macro for my pets to spread the love around, but I tend to cycle through it until I find something I like real well. Kind of defeats the purpose of a random macro, I know...

My top 5:
Crawling Claw
Celestial Dragon
Guardian Cub
Sen'jin Fetish
Phoenix Hatchling

Even so, it's hard to narrow it down to just five!

For mounts...
Sandstone Drake, since it represents a significant investment of time and money.
Amani Battle Bear. I tried so hard for it!
Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank. Very rare, was so happy to see it in my archaeology log :D
Winged Guardian. He's pretty.
All of the talbuks! I couldnt choose just one.

Jorth
Top Rater
Pet Score:12163
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Jorth » December 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

My top 5 were tough cuz i love em all, however I have decided on

1) Feline Familiar
2) Searing Scorchling
3) Hyjal Bear Cub
4) Perky Pug
5) Gold Mini Jouster(only cuz of the little doll holding a spear on the bird) :D

I do however like the Plump Turkey pet... but only if there is a campfire nearby :twisted:

As for mounts... umm

1) Raven Lord
2) Twilight Drake (25Man OS) (Won it my first time there :mrgreen: )
3) Drake of the West Wind
4) Kor'kron Annihilator
5) White Polar Bear

Cassidhe
Pet Score:851
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cassidhe » December 7th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I usually run around with Peddlefeet on my goblin warlock. I think it's cute having a little goblin flying after me. When I'm on my alliance character I usually have the nightsaber cub out. Otherwise I change them up when I feel in the mood for a different pet. I can't really come up with a top five, I use most of the others pretty much equally.

Terra
MVP
Pet Score:4954
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Terra » December 8th, 2011, 1:02 am

Top 5 Companions:
Panda Cub
Peanut
Boomkin Hatchling
Snarly
Mechanopeep (I miss being a gnome so I could be on the mount, with the same model pet out :cry: )
Emerald Whelpling (Ok that is 6 but I forgot my own avatar, that is unacceptable!)

Top 5 Mounts:
Horde:
Onyx Netherdrake
Spectral Wolf
Amani War Bear
Fossilized Raptor
Riding Turtle

Ally:
Black Battlestrider
Black War Elekk
Black War Ram
Armored Snowy Gryphon
Onyx Netherdrake

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 8th, 2011, 10:48 am

I always use RandomCompanion to summon random pets and mounts. But if I had to choose my favorites...
(in alphabetical order)

Pets:
Cockroach
Creepy Crate
Dragon Kite
Kirin Tor Familiar
Sprite Darter

Mounts:
Argent Hippogryph
Brewfest Kodo
Green Nether Ray
Green Proto-Drake
Razzashi Raptor
Mingyao on Madoran

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 8th, 2011, 11:11 am

My top 5:

Pets:

Celestial Dragon
Murkablo
Sea Pony
Emerald Whelpling
Mr. Grubbs

Mounts:

Phosphorecent Stone Drake
Firey Warhorse
Rivendare's Deathcharger
Raven Lord
Black Drake (cmon... im a hunter in t2 transmorgified gear)

If i had it, Ashes of A'lar would be on this list. sadly, i am still farming for it :(

EDIT: replaced tyrael's charger with firey warhorse and Lil' Deathwing with Emerald Whelpling
Last edited by Opallena on September 21st, 2012, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veasse
Pet Score:5621
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Veasse » December 12th, 2011, 8:45 pm

The pets I have out most often are:

Fox Kit <3
Baby Blizzard Bear
Any of the whelplings
Brilliant Kaliri
Sprite Darter Hatchling

I used to have my Phoenix Hatchling out all the time, he looks great with my shadow priest. But now everyone seems to have phoenixes, and it's just not the same as when I was the only one...

Mojo is great to bring out during breaks in raids, or when the tank leaves in the middle of an instance and Dungeon Finder can't seem to muster up another one...

Durante

Post by Durante » December 13th, 2011, 12:04 am

Top 5
Murkablo
Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Phoenix Hatchling
Lil Tarecgosa
Pengu

I play a shadow priest so my favorite combo is dark phoenix hatchling while riding my dark phoenix mount while in shadow form.

Burke615

Post by Burke615 » December 13th, 2011, 1:52 am

My collection is still in the early stages (at 89) but my favorites so far are:

1. Singing Sunflower - my kids play PvZ, plus I like that she hums & sings to me
2. Horde Balloon - for some reason it just tickles my funny bone to run around dungeons towing a balloon
3. Sea Pony - new and shiny :)
4. Pterrodax Hatchling - I like pets that fly with me
5. Sen'Jin Fetish - just feels right for my troll hunter

For mounts, I only use a couple:
1. Flameward Hippogryph - for general getting around
2. Traveler's Tundra Mammoth - for clearing bag space when farming

Shalura
Pet Score:7233
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Shalura » December 14th, 2011, 12:46 pm

I normally use a random pet add-on, but lately I've been keeping my Creepy Crate or Toxic Wasteling out. Need to rack up the kill count for my guild's Critter Kill Squad. :D

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 16th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Also used to use a random pet macro /castrandom then a list of pets i love is easy enough lol

Top 5 Pets
Winterspring cub
Sea Pony
Searing Scorchling
Stinker
Sprite Darter Hatchling

Top 5 Mounts
El Pollo Grande (TCG)
Wooly White Rhino (TCG)
Headless Horseman's Mount
Swift Shorestrider (TCG)
Savage Raptor (TCG)

I also just LOVE the elemental pets in general and i was SO excited when they added the scorchling after getting him as a quest reward that one fire festival. And since this was "in collection only" i would have added phoenix hatchling and dark phoenix hatchling because i really really love phoenix's and their mythology. Stinker is on the list because when I was in high school I worked at a veterinarians office and someone brought in baby skunks who's mother had died. I DIED at the sight of them they were the cutest things EVER. So from now on i just love them.

This goes the same for mounts: if I had the Dark Phoenix mount or Ashe's of Al'ar they would have had the spot of honor at the top of my list! Just looked over my mount list again, they are almost all land mounts which is funny, I would have thought I'd be in love with more flying mounts tbh.

Siusy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5128
BattleTag®:siusy#1631
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Siusy » December 19th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Hmm.. that's a tough one..

My favorite pets are:

~ my mechanical squirrel because the little guy started it all and began the obsession

~ my disgusting oozeling, given to me by a dear friend Emily <3

~ my armadillo because, though my guild is small, everyone banded together to kill critters for me so I could get it

~ my searing scorchling, because having had a shammy as my main for the last 6 years, it just seems to fit me..

~ my darkmoon monkey because.. well it's a monkey in a hat.. how could you NOT love it?!

but seriously, I love so many of my pets because there are memories tied to them that make them special.. my cobra from Arctis before my egg ever hatched one myself (he gave me his first before he even got one), my proto drake whelp from Ethel because I just hadn't found one yet and kept getting yolks lol, my mechanical toad Raf made me because I found the recipe and wasn't an engineer yet, my azure whelpling Mab spent 6 hours out killing blue dragons with me farming, all those pets my fiance spent endless hours farming with me for to the point where I swear the word farm makes him twitch, and the list goes on and on.. lol

as for mounts.. hmm..

~ my old zg tiger and raptor from when zg was a raid

~ my baron's mount from Stratholme (it only took 887 tries after I started counting - no clue how many extra before)

~ midnight from Kara - I squealed so loud when he finally dropped that everyone came running to make sure I was okay..

~ my rare seahorse because it's so much fun to confuse people in the back of org or to ride it when going through the water around the crocs in za...

~ my blue bug from archaeology because it's so nice to finally have a bug I can ride outside aq lol..

but again, there's so many more I love.. my white hawkstrider from mag t, my raven lord, my old brewfest mount from tickets that first year, my os3d mounts, my netherdrakes, netherrays, my talbuks from both garandar and halaa and my list again goes on and on..

I always tell people that some women collect shoes, I collect pets, mounts and fluff.. some people in the game are so gear-orientated that it's crazy to me.. over time, you outgrow gear as new patches and expansions come.. but all my pets, mounts and other fluff and all the memories that come with them are here to stay and are a pleasant reminder of my time playing.. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything.. :>
Siusy ~ Resto Shammy, LWer, Engineer & Fluff Collector
Image Proud Suggie Mommy of Lilo & Stitch Image