Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Be Afraid, Be Wary, and Be Careful

Post by Morlis » April 1st, 2013, 5:06 pm

I had never heard of this and it was a total shock when it happened.

I was sitting in Sunsong Ranch in Pandaria with my Elwynn Lamb out. I was afk for a bit distracted with something but still sitting at my computer desk. I hear a wolf howl, didn't think much of it but next thing I know an Elwynn Forest Wolf runs in and takes out my lamb. *shivers remembering the bone crunching sound* It was over in an instant, then the wolf promptly went to sleep. All my efforts to target and kill the wolf were fruitless so I couldn't even avenge the little guy. :cry:

So watch out and Stay Safe!

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Be Afraid, Be Wary, and Be Careful

Post by Tatra » April 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

thats cool but sad

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » April 1st, 2013, 6:49 pm

Morlis wrote:I had never heard of this and it was a total shock when it happened.

I was sitting in Sunsong Ranch in Pandaria with my Elwynn Lamb out. I was afk for a bit distracted with something but still sitting at my computer desk. I hear a wolf howl, didn't think much of it but next thing I know an Elwynn Forest Wolf runs in and takes out my lamb. *shivers remembering the bone crunching sound* It was over in an instant, then the wolf promptly went to sleep. All my efforts to target and kill the wolf were fruitless so I couldn't even avenge the little guy. :cry:

So watch out and Stay Safe!

Morlis
Heh, the Elwynn Lamb has been being eaten by a wolf since it was released in Wrath. It's one of the cool special animation things that few pets have. (Plump Turkey killing itself in your campfire is another like this.) I love the special animation/interactions like these that some pets have.
Image Image

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 1st, 2013, 7:21 pm

Syrrie wrote:I love the special animation/interactions like these that some pets have.
Ditto! :) It's a shame that many of the new pets don't have any special animations or interactions. Then again, I guess there are just so many new pets coming out, it's kind of tough to put priority on the vanity aspect of certain pets. Still... would be nice to see some of the newer ones do neat things when we aren't looking. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 1st, 2013, 9:20 pm

It was an inside job.

Skulwolf
Top Rater
Pet Score:4831
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Skulwolf » April 7th, 2013, 2:21 am

i love it as a wolf lover i used to run around in ghost wolf form having lil guy following me in dal (during wolk times) n used me spirit wolves spped boost they used to give to run away w/my lil lamb n used to get around 5 wolves chasing it :P + 3 more if u count me n my spirit wolves

Fearsum
Pet Score:3917
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Fearsum » April 13th, 2013, 3:56 am

Poor Lamb :cry: Cool wolf tho :twisted:

Arishia
Pet Score:10067
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Arishia » April 13th, 2013, 12:10 pm

At least it wasn't suicide. I can never keep a turkey out long enough to enjoy him, there's always a fire nearby that draws him in like a moth to a bug zapper D=

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » April 13th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Hah! When my lamb got eaten by a wolf, I thought it was a bug in the program, lol. Glad to know it was a "special animation". I think I am going to rez that lamb and see what happens. :lol: