My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Mech stones

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abyl1

Pet Score: 2968

Mech stones

Postby Abyl1 » March 26th, 2013, 8:45 am

I have a mechanical pandaren dragonling that I would love to stone to rare but have had no luck getting a mech stone or a generic stone. Anyone have any suggestions on where to farm mechanical stones?

Syrrie
MVP

Pet Score: 4101

Re: Mech stones

Postby Syrrie » March 26th, 2013, 9:17 am

I've gotten a couple from the Cogblade Raptors in Blade's Edge Mountains. A couple of my characters are engineers so I would use the port to Toshley's Station and do a fly around once in a while. There were usually some up, and that was back near the release of 5.1.
Image Image

Amadia

Pet Score: 3604

Postby Amadia » March 26th, 2013, 10:59 am

Unfortunately I think the tamers, esp the fable daily, are probably the best way to get stones. I know this isn't much help, but I spent weeks farming one family to try to get one specific stone and never got it --- ended up getting one out of a bag instead.

Dakaf
MVP

Pet Score: 3988

Postby Dakaf » March 27th, 2013, 12:25 am

Worst case, check the AH for the flawless one. If you have the gold to burn, it could cut down on A LOT of farming and hoping!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Maizing

Pet Score: 3733

Postby Maizing » March 27th, 2013, 11:30 am

I have an extra mechanical Stone on one of my army of alts on Feathermoon (I have a different alt parked at most of the tamers I battle each day). If you want to meet up, I can stone your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for you.

I can use the bag space anyway and I hate to just vendor unusable stones.

Battle.tag: Maizing#1456

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Pet Score: 3865

Postby Dragonwizard » March 27th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Maizing wrote:I have an extra mechanical Stone on one of my army of alts on Feathermoon (I have a different alt parked at most of the tamers I battle each day). If you want to meet up, I can stone your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for you.

Battle.tag: Maizing#1456

I just had to say that that is a really nice thing to do Maizing /salute to you 8-)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Threnody

Pet Score: 3078

Postby Threnody » March 27th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Maizing wrote:I have an extra mechanical Stone on one of my army of alts on Feathermoon (I have a different alt parked at most of the tamers I battle each day). If you want to meet up, I can stone your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for you.

Adding my kudos to Maizing for this generous offer :)

Dakaf
MVP

Pet Score: 3988

Postby Dakaf » March 27th, 2013, 11:02 pm

I agree! Very nice!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Abyl1

Pet Score: 2968

Postby Abyl1 » March 28th, 2013, 8:19 am

Thanks! I'll be on tonight and will look to see if I can find you! That's some great karma coming your way :)

Gwenolyn
MVP

Pet Score: 3839

Postby Gwenolyn » March 28th, 2013, 12:12 pm

I wouldn't vendor extra stones yet. Read somewhere they might be exchangable at some point. I hope so... so many undead and aquatic ones... :shock:

Corah

Pet Score: 3566

Postby Corah » March 30th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:I wouldn't vendor extra stones yet. Read somewhere they might be exchangable at some point. I hope so... so many undead and aquatic ones... :shock:

Also, think of when they add new pets. You'll have instant upgrades.

Labyrinthe
MVP

Pet Score: 4083

Postby Labyrinthe » April 2nd, 2013, 12:00 am

Gwenolyn wrote:I wouldn't vendor extra stones yet. Read somewhere they might be exchangable at some point. I hope so... so many undead and aquatic ones... :shock:

Gosh I hope so. It's a running joke that I'm the queen of undead and dragonkin stones (going on 8+ of each now). My husband, on the other hand, always get a variety (which I then may or may not use guilt to acquire).

Return to Pet Collecting