Patch 5.3: New Pets on the Way

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Patch 5.3: New Pets on the Way

Post by Spyro » March 26th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Waveryn wrote: Love the Valk, hate the Unborn name, how stupid(gross too), something unborn cannot wonder freely around Northrend.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was somewhat disturbed by that.

Tobylicious
Pet Score:7682
BattleTag®:Toby#1870
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Tobylicious » March 26th, 2013, 6:20 pm

So has anybody been on the ptr to look at what they have in the pet journal so far for the new pets? I have but your pets don't transfer with your character so that was kinda disappointing..

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 26th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Nomadking wrote:I also hope they add a 2nd set of TBC pets some time in the future to cover Gruul, Magtheridon, Hyjal, Black Temple and Sunwell - some really great bosses in there, and thus some really great potential pets! :)
Somehow I doubt Gruul and Magtheridon will ever get pet drops from them- despide there being quite a few players who want them. Pets seem to drop out of the raids which have multiple bosses in them. Hyjal, Black Temple, and the Sunwell all have good potential for some nice looking pets though; I wouldn't complain since not many do Sunwell these days and it's a very fun raid, even at 90.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » March 26th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Waveryn wrote:Love the Valk, hate the Unborn name, how stupid(gross too), something unborn cannot wonder freely around Northrend.
You could always rename it.

(And plenty of your pets are "unborn" - pretty much anything that's mechanical, magical or undead).

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 27th, 2013, 4:15 am

Spyro wrote:
Waveryn wrote: Love the Valk, hate the Unborn name, how stupid(gross too), something unborn cannot wonder freely around Northrend.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was somewhat disturbed by that.
Yup, me too, I really hope they change that before release.

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » March 27th, 2013, 4:21 am

Anyone know what type is the Valkyr going to be?

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 27th, 2013, 8:03 am

Undead...

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » April 2nd, 2013, 9:00 am

Lots of updates to the 5.3 patch notes:
General

Pet Battle Duels are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy!
Pet Battles in the wild and duels are now viewable by other players in the world.
Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.
Blistering Cold had now deals 100% more damage.
A series of new achievements and rewards have been added for max-level matchmaking PvP pet battles
Wins for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles can now be tracked in statistics.
Battle pets' recent ability loadouts will now be saved when pets are swapped in and out of battle slots.
Species specific Flawless Battle-Stones are now Bind to Battle.net account.

Battle Pets

A number of new battle pets have been added to the Throne of Thunder and Isle of Thunder. Happy hunting!
Whispers from pet tamers in the north have spread word of an elusive new battle pet that can be found in the frozen tundras of Northrend. The Unborn Val'kyr awaits.
Battle Pet drops have been added to Burning Crusade raids. These new pets can be obtained from raid bosses in Karazhan, Tempest Keep and Serpenshrine Cavern. Obtaining all of these new pets will reward players with a new battle pet, Tito!
Ethereal Soul-Trader has been returned to his original, larger size.

Battle Pet Quests

Beasts of Fable daily quest has been broken into three separate chapters. Players can now choose to do any or all of the chapters each day. Rewards have been modified to include a new consumable that will boost battle pet XP for a limited time.
All Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now reward experience and lesser charms.
Increased the difficulty of elite pets on the Beasts of Fable quest.
A new weekly quest for max-level, matchmaking PvP pet battles has been added
- Taking your candles since 2005

Index
Pet Score:12801
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » April 2nd, 2013, 9:39 am

Hmmm, spotted something in the patch notes;

All Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now reward experience and lesser charms.

Am I not right in thinking that you can only access 2 of these pre-90, as both the air and earth spirits are inaccessible without flying mounts? What good is XP if you need to be 90, and therefore flying, before you can reach them?

Also, I really hope this heroic only pet never makes it live, I agree with a lot of people that pet collecting has and should never require such hardcore effort. I collect for fun, and cannot raid hardcore as family life doesn't permit :(

/Index

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 2nd, 2013, 12:34 pm

Index wrote:Hmmm, spotted something in the patch notes;
Am I not right in thinking that you can only access 2 of these pre-90, as both the air and earth spirits are inaccessible without flying mounts? What good is XP if you need to be 90, and therefore flying, before you can reach them?
If you were that desperate, you could hitch a ride on a 2p mount. It's not -impossible- to reach them.

Index
Pet Score:12801
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » April 2nd, 2013, 3:10 pm

Haha, I never even thought about that...

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » April 2nd, 2013, 3:36 pm

Index wrote:Hmmm, spotted something in the patch notes;

Well, its talking about the quests themselves, and not the battles (which presumably all ready gave those things). Giving XP means that when you are level capped, the XP from the quest is converted to gold. So basically, this change just makes them more lucrative like other level 90 dailies (more gold, and some lesser charms -- but no VP).

Pubrulz
Pet Score:5234
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Pubrulz » April 2nd, 2013, 6:02 pm

Wowhead has pictures and source info for all the new pets currently in the PTR. I can't yet post links.

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » April 2nd, 2013, 6:28 pm

Syrrie wrote:
Tajit wrote:Living Fluid and Viscous Fluid are both from Primordius in Throne of Thunder - the Viscous specifies it's from the Heroic fight.
If this is true it's an extremely unwelcome development, in my not so humble opinion. Pets should not be gated from collectors behind normal or heroic current tier raiding, especially not heroic.
150% agree.
Locking pets behind PVE or PVP content, or making pets cost real life money, either through collectors editions or trading cards, is repulsive and anathema to me.

"OOOHH, I got's lots of money, so I can gets pets you can't,"
Complete and utter BS in a game that costs a monthly subscription fee and is not pay to win, except when it comes to pet collecting.

Redkoala
Top Rater
Pet Score:2241
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Redkoala » April 2nd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Oh that little Valk looks amazing :o

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 3rd, 2013, 7:02 am

Stonewallred wrote:150% agree.
Locking pets behind PVE or PVP content, or making pets cost real life money, either through collectors editions or trading cards, is repulsive and anathema to me.

"OOOHH, I got's lots of money, so I can gets pets you can't,"
Complete and utter BS in a game that costs a monthly subscription fee and is not pay to win, except when it comes to pet collecting.
I don't understand your level of aggression here. Either pet colelcting is individual to you, and therefore you don't care about what other people have, or it's competitive, and you do all you can to collect those pets - including PvE and PvP content.

I've never heard anybody show-off that they've spent £7.99 on a pet and somebody else hasn't :roll:

Personally, I know I'll never get the CE pets from previous expansions - I was around at the time, but bought the normal editions because I'd have had to wait to get my hands on CEs, and back then I didn't realise I'd become a pet collector. Now I regret not having them, but it doesn't mean I don't feel proud of my collection, and I'm certainly not jealous enough of the people who have them that I'll get as angry as you have!

Chill out and enjoy collecting what you want to collect, leave everyone else to their own thing - and keep an eye on the BMAH, a lot of the 'real money' TCG pets are often in there.