Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Living Sandling and Ji-Kun hatchling

Post by Gwenolyn » April 7th, 2013, 1:38 pm

So according to the info in this thread, you can get the pet with a bonus roll, but not sure if you can just receive it as loot on subsequent trips the same raid cycle. I'm beginning to think the answer is no. :cry: Any other thoughts or info?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 7th, 2013, 3:17 pm

According to Wowhead comments you can get it as extra loot (along with an option to bonus roll).

So things that have been confirmed (correct me if I'm wrong!):
  • - You can receive the pets in LFR from a bonus roll.
    - You can receive the pets in LFR as extra loot.
    - You can receive the pets in LFR from the "failbag" (?)
Things that still need confirmation:
  • - Can you receive the pets from subsequent trips on the same toon during the same raid lock out?
Unfortunately, I've only ever seen the pet drop from normal (trash mobs), so I can't add any additional information. Still trying for the pets in LFR though.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mirimu
Top Rater
Pet Score:3990
BattleTag®:nyx#1397
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Mirimu » April 7th, 2013, 4:50 pm

guess I will be doing dailies on alts tp make sure they have a bonus roll for at least son of animus!

- not sure if its a bug but received the Ji-Kun hatchling 3rd time on same toon over 3 LFR lock outs - it feels like the mountain panda all over again :/

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 8th, 2013, 9:05 am

Two level 90s running every LFR every week and spending coins on all of the 'pet' bosses.

No pets.

I love loot luck!!

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » April 8th, 2013, 9:52 am

Gromagrim wrote:Two level 90s running every LFR every week and spending coins on all of the 'pet' bosses.

No pets.

I love loot luck!!
I decided to spend my coins on the AH 'pet' boss and got them the first shot! Lucky I guess :)

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 10th, 2013, 7:37 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:I decided to spend my coins on the AH 'pet' boss and got them the first shot! Lucky I guess :)
I just don't like falling back on the AH when it's something I can obtain myself.

Admittedly, I gave in with some of the pet grinds and just bought my dragonlings, macaw and firefly when they were reasonably priced back in Wrath, after weeks of grinding, but I don't see these raid pets as anywhere near as rare, so I'll persevere.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » April 10th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Gromagrim wrote:
GilroyKilroy wrote:I decided to spend my coins on the AH 'pet' boss and got them the first shot! Lucky I guess :)
I just don't like falling back on the AH when it's something I can obtain myself.

Admittedly, I gave in with some of the pet grinds and just bought my dragonlings, macaw and firefly when they were reasonably priced back in Wrath, after weeks of grinding, but I don't see these raid pets as anywhere near as rare, so I'll persevere.
Ya, I'm on a low population server, and have only ever seen one of each up (Sandling and J-Kun). So I ended up trading stones for them. If I end up getting one, I'll use them as currency for the few I don't have yet or give them to my husband. Between us, I hope we get enough for both. :mrgreen:

I rarely buy off the AH. DM Rabbit was an exception, and I probably could have traded stones for that one too.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » April 11th, 2013, 7:33 am

Haven't seen them at all at my AH (Earthen Ring EU).
But the thing I'm worried about is that when a new patch or even expansion hits, no-one will do those raids anymore and it will be hard to even get into those raids.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 11th, 2013, 7:08 pm

These are now bottoming out at 15-20k on most high pop servers atm. Low pop they still seem to be up around the 70k mark.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 11th, 2013, 8:51 pm

I've seen Sandling as low as 10k and ji-Kun 25k, though I don't think the hatchling sold at that.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » April 12th, 2013, 5:21 am

I have been seeing the Sandling as low as 7.5k, the Ji-Kun at about 13k and the Son of Animus at 23k (this one was a shock it was so low already).
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » April 12th, 2013, 5:22 am

I got lucky found sandling 6100 and then Ji-Kun for 5k have seen son of amius as low as 12k, checking 3 servers.
Wave

Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Xandrolar » April 12th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Guildie has run LfR multipul times and has received the Living Sandling twice, once from council boss and once from trash mobs

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » April 12th, 2013, 6:24 pm

Ran all the bosses with two different characters every week and used bonus roll every time - no pets. Low drop rate or I was quite unlucky.