making gold

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us
making gold

Post by Stonewallred » March 11th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Might be wrong forum, if so, please move it.
I have been making gold buying cagable pets from AH or vendors (right now the sun sentry and zand. raptors have been moving well) and leveling them to 14ish or so, and slapping them on the AH.

Seems that 11-15 is the sweet spot, as I haven't been able to move lvl 25 pets (uncommon stoned to rare) worth a &^$#.
Nor do the lvl 5-10s move well.

I'll buy 4-5 raptors, lvl them via flying to SW stopping at various places to get them to 7-9, then go to dragons waste and get them all to 11-14. Takes about an hour, and I sell them for 1100-1400 gold each (buying them for 200 or less). And if RNG didn't hate me so much, I should pick up a battle stone or two every couple of rounds.

I have thought about offering a power leveling service for pets.
Any ideas or experiences?

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: making gold

Post by Gendou » March 11th, 2013, 7:13 pm

15 seems to be where people hit a wall with leveling pets.
I know I've had to coach a few of my guildmates in strategies for getting over the 15-20 hump.
ImageImage

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 12th, 2013, 7:27 am

I would think that level 9 and 24 would sell pretty well due to the "level X amount of pets to lvl 10 and 25" achievements. But that is just speculation on my part as I usually only sell level 1 pets.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 12th, 2013, 7:36 am

Level 9 should be the most Valueable pet, because it qualifies for the level 10 achieves...if people are thinking that way.

I am not sure if this is still the case, but I thought at one time you cant use a level 24 pet unless you have other pets that high.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 12th, 2013, 7:44 am

Stabya wrote:I am not sure if this is still the case, but I thought at one time you cant use a level 24 pet unless you have other pets that high.
That is correct you need to have a pet in your journal that is at least equal to the pet you are trying to learn. So for a level 24 pet you need to have another level 24 or 25 pet in your pet journal.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 12th, 2013, 8:13 am

I have a bunch of extra BoP battle stones, so I usually just buy an uncommon for cheap, slap a Rare upgrade on it, and then sell that. The quality bump is worth a lot more than the levels are, especially if you make sure to get a decent breed.

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » March 12th, 2013, 9:14 am

I have not seen a stone since the 5.2 patch. Would blame the patch, but reality, I am cursed by the RNG gods.