My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

If you could change a pet....

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aerofey

Pet Score: 2559

If you could change a pet....

Postby Aerofey » December 6th, 2011, 12:40 pm

So I was thinking it would be awesome if they redid the Moonkin Hatchling a bit so that if you are a Druid and you switch to Cat form, it will switch to a cub version of a feral kitty, and if you switch to Bear form, it will shift to a cub feral bear. Possibly it could shift to Flightform as well with us, but that's it. And it wouldn't have to be a variety of colors, the cat/bear form could be the original cat and bear colors from before the change like the purplish for alli and goldish for horde. I just think that would be the bee's knees. ^_^ I posted on the forums about it a while back, but got no response from anyone haha. What do you guys think?

This is really just for fun, what would you change about a pet?

Sundrop

Pet Score:

Re: If you could change a pet....

Postby Sundrop » December 6th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I would make the Hyacinth Macaw worth the gold/farming time. maybe make it have purple trails and glow like the Ashes of Al'ar. or maybe sparkle like its always clean.

for how rare it is, for being a purple pet, its really rather boring and bland. Anything would just about make it better!

Moritach
MVP

Pet Score: 0

Postby Moritach » December 6th, 2011, 3:27 pm

I would update some of the old pets with better textures! A lot of the more recent pets look great when fed the pet biscuit, but a lot of the old ones end up looking like something out of minecraft. D:

Doobjanka
Site Admin

Pet Score: 3615

Postby Doobjanka » December 6th, 2011, 5:07 pm

As the least loved pet, I think Blizzard should rethink the Cockroach pet model. Then again, there aren't many ways to make a cockroach loveable.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Aerofey

Pet Score: 2559

Postby Aerofey » December 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Doobjanka wrote:As the least loved pet, I think Blizzard should rethink the Cockroach pet model. Then again, there aren't many ways to make a cockroach loveable.

LOL! Yeah, I actually think it's pretty neat for what it is. I also agree that an update on the skins would be nice.

Mezcaal
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2607

Postby Mezcaal » December 6th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Peddlefeet. I actually like the Cockroach more than a handful of other pets... including this creepy bugger. I am not sure what could be done to improve him, but... If I wasn't OCD about collecting anything I can get my hands on, he wouldn't be in my book >.>
http://sig.lanjelin.com/user/mezcaal

Jorth
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2474

Postby Jorth » December 6th, 2011, 9:27 pm

I would update all the bunnies..... those bunnies.... do not.. look like bunnies... they are triangular and not round. :?
(╯゚ヮ゚)╯︵

Twilight
Top Rater

Pet Score: 1404

Postby Twilight » December 6th, 2011, 10:53 pm

As a Night Elf, my Argent Squire should have been a Night Elf kid. And instead of a pony, he should have got a feline to ride. What would I want with some human kid?

Mezcaal
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2607

Postby Mezcaal » December 6th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Twilight wrote:As a Night Elf, my Argent Squire should have been a Night Elf kid. And instead of a pony, he should have got a feline to ride. What would I want with some human kid?

Agreed wholeheartedly!
http://sig.lanjelin.com/user/mezcaal

Moritach
MVP

Pet Score: 0

Postby Moritach » December 7th, 2011, 1:36 am

Mezcaal wrote:
Twilight wrote:As a Night Elf, my Argent Squire should have been a Night Elf kid. And instead of a pony, he should have got a feline to ride. What would I want with some human kid?

Agreed wholeheartedly!

Then I demand a gnokid with a mechastrider mount! Why would I want a human or nelf?! D:

Doobjanka
Site Admin

Pet Score: 3615

Postby Doobjanka » December 7th, 2011, 2:05 am

Jorth wrote:I would update all the bunnies..... those bunnies.... do not.. look like bunnies... they are triangular and not round. :?

Agreed! Bunnies should be soft and fluffy, not monster blobs with eyes!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Sundrop

Pet Score:

Postby Sundrop » December 7th, 2011, 8:36 am

the whole "people as pets" kinds irks me. though i WILL collect them, i absolutely hate them. literally the worst "pets' in my opinion. at least the roach is an insect and peddlefeet is mythical.

Jadax
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2939

Postby Jadax » December 7th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I would make almost every pet just a teensy bit bigger.

I know they're only vanity pets, but I think they could all stand to be a smidgeon bigger. The chickens, for example, are miniscule! Almost invisible!

GormanGhaste
MVP

Pet Score: 2985

Postby GormanGhaste » December 8th, 2011, 11:16 am

The absolutely saddest looking pet in the game is the Prairie Dog. I am quite fond of it, but could we have just a couple more polygons, please?
Mingyao on Madoran

Opallena
Top Rater

Pet Score: 3404

Postby Opallena » December 8th, 2011, 11:34 am

Mezcaal wrote:

Agreed wholeheartedly!

This would make the Argent Tournament worth it again... change the Argent Squire based on Race :)

Arcana
MVP

Pet Score: 2177

Postby Arcana » December 9th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Agreed!

I also wish the Sea Pony and Purple Puffer would let go of their water bubbles when actually under water.

I miss the old hippogryph hatchling model.

Tartelet

Pet Score: 2216

Postby Tartelet » December 10th, 2011, 11:32 am

Even worse - the page herald and boy are all male... I want some females too :) always wanted a babysister!

Twilight
Top Rater

Postby Twilight » December 10th, 2011, 11:33 am

Speaking of hippogryphs, I wish the Cenarion Hatchling was at least a different colour than the Hippogryph Hatchling. I imagine that anyone who spent a significant amount of money on the old TCG pet feels more than a little ripped off because of this. I feel as though there's no reason now to collect the old one, other than being a completest, or having enough pets for an achievement reward.

Same with Landro's Lichling vs Lil' K.T..

Godspetproject
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2243

Postby Godspetproject » December 11th, 2011, 4:40 am

GormanGhaste wrote:The absolutely saddest looking pet in the game is the Prairie Dog. I am quite fond of it, but could we have just a couple more polygons, please?

Couldn't agree with you more. If you compare him to the newest pets it's a sad state of affairs indeed.
Some times I take him out of my bag to play hoping they've updated the model.

No luck so far!

Twilight
Top Rater

Postby Twilight » December 11th, 2011, 7:32 pm

I wish there was some way to get more war fuel for the Warbot, or make it so that it doesn't need them.

Return to Pet Collecting