New Carps

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: New Carps

Post by Formerruling » March 11th, 2013, 9:44 pm

One character started at 0 fishing and I got the 250 fish cheive' before realizing I was stuck at 75 Fishing, but anyway, about 450 casts total no carp (trying for the Vale one first since the pools are so close and fast respawning)

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zythehealer » March 11th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Going by how many stacks of fish my bank toon has had mailed to her I've got 500+ casts with no carp of any kind yet :( Sometimes I go to the fish of the day area, sometimes I just plop myself down next to Ben or in VoEB.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 11th, 2013, 11:56 pm

I am beginning to wonder if red carp is like the red AQ mount... hehe :lol:

So for red I tried over 550ish spinefish pools in Kun-Lai, 136 open water Niazao, and 105 from pools in Niazao. That does not include the 2 hours farming the sha-touched pools the other night (I forgot to count). Where has anyone caught the red one. I don't mind putting in the time, I just want to be sure I'm in the right place(s). El's says I am... I hope so :o

Edit: I changed my strat because I had only been fishing schools... maybe I should try open water for a while. It is easier to just stand still :)

Màndorla
Pet Score:2049
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Màndorla » March 12th, 2013, 3:58 am

Syrrie wrote:
Fish of the Day is a special spot each day that has an abundance of extremely fast respawning pools of a particular kind of fish. Ben of the Booming Voice on the shore of the river east of Halfhill will tell you what the fish of the day is each day.
Thank you :)

Currently I'm trying to farm the white carp from the Tiger Gurami pools near the Shandaren Monaster...there are many pools that spawn really fast, but I am at 800+ casts and still no pet :cry:

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » March 12th, 2013, 5:15 am

Gwenolyn wrote:I am beginning to wonder if red carp is like the red AQ mount... hehe :lol:

So for red I tried over 550ish spinefish pools in Kun-Lai, 136 open water Niazao, and 105 from pools in Niazao. That does not include the 2 hours farming the sha-touched pools the other night (I forgot to count). Where has anyone caught the red one. I don't mind putting in the time, I just want to be sure I'm in the right place(s). El's says I am... I hope so :o

Edit: I changed my strat because I had only been fishing schools... maybe I should try open water for a while. It is easier to just stand still :)
I hope your luck continues Gwen but if they are 1-4000 casts you have been extremely lucky so far, I know I have double that many casts trying for a turtle mount and still none and no carps yet but not serious on them just doing Nat dailys maybe 1-2 hours total fishing pools each day. If the rng gods do not make you pay and catch up on casts for a red carp and your good fortune continues, will you play my toon and fish for me :mrgreen: ;)
Wave

Màndorla

Post by Màndorla » March 12th, 2013, 6:43 am

I think that I will only fish until i get all the 4 carps....and it is still better that doing the Fabled Pandaren daily....

Maybe my luck with drops has expired when i found the Raven Lord after only 4 runs :oops:

P.S= anyone else find farming relaxing, in some kind of way? :D

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » March 12th, 2013, 6:58 am

Màndorla wrote:
Yeah, actually. I don't think it'll be any worse than the "Limnologist" achieve was before the nerf, when you needed to catch all the "bloated" fish too. That worked the same way -- sometimes you'd get 'em fast, sometimes it would take forever; all RNG. I got the "bloated trout" on my 7th cast, but it took me about 4100 casts to get the "bloated redgill." Not all at once, of course... I'm not THAT crazy. :?

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » March 12th, 2013, 9:06 am

My plan is to fish up 10 stacks of fish a day. Will sell what I can on the AH, but most of them will be converted into Ironpaw tokens. Was lucky enough to get a white carp on my first day of fishing.
Mingyao on Madoran

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » March 12th, 2013, 9:22 am

Màndorla wrote:
Yes actually! When I get irritated with dungeons I go farming and it makes me feel calmer. X3

Màndorla

Post by Màndorla » March 12th, 2013, 9:44 am

Just caught my white carp from the Tiger Gurami schools in the Shandaren Monaster lake!!! :D

It was their Fish of the Day, so I think that maybe the % is increased in pools that have this "bonus" on (sorry for my bad english).

So I suggest you to farm the carps from the fish of the day pools!

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » March 12th, 2013, 10:12 am

anyone else noticing that even with a reasonably high fishing skill, that you still catch a fair bit of "junk"?

I'm not talking about golden carp, I mean actual grey junk items, like bones and such.... My skill is 830 for 2 minutes, returning to 815 for 3 minutes when my spear buff runs out, and I still see around a 2-3% junk catch rate.

Or is it that (as normal) I'm getting horrible luck?

Ta

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 12th, 2013, 10:31 am

Index wrote:anyone else noticing that even with a reasonably high fishing skill, that you still catch a fair bit of "junk"?

I'm not talking about golden carp, I mean actual grey junk items, like bones and such.... My skill is 830 for 2 minutes, returning to 815 for 3 minutes when my spear buff runs out, and I still see around a 2-3% junk catch rate.

Or is it that (as normal) I'm getting horrible luck?

Ta
If you're talking about open water in Dread Wastes, apparently the grey items are intended even with proper skill to "not catch junk". I believe in the rest of the zones in Pandaria greys have been replaced by golden carp. http://www.elsanglin.com/news/5-2-panda ... anges.html
Image Image

Risk
Pet Score:3176
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Risk » March 12th, 2013, 10:32 am

In the sha touched areas the bones etc are perfectly normal and do not indicate a too low skill level.

2/4 carps here and still grinding like crazy
www.tinygladiators.com

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 12th, 2013, 10:45 am

P.S= anyone else find farming relaxing, in some kind of way? :D[/quote]

Actually, I do and so does my youngest sister... dad thinks we're both crazy for ENJOYING spending hours fishing or killing stuff for a drop. (then again, he's the one that likes spending hours IRL fishing :P I hate real life fishing) I haven't yet tried for these fishy pets yet, but i plan on it over spring break next week (maybe sooner if I feel like it).

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » March 12th, 2013, 11:21 am

thanks guys, back to mah fishin' tonight! 2 pets away from the 500 mile stone, then I might get one of them "Life" thing's people ramble on about :)

Post by Guest » March 12th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Still 0 for 4 here, though my daily "attempts" at it = fishing for each of Nat's fish. And then 100 fish of the day. At least I'll finally be able to max out my cooking skills. I did the same back in WoTK for the turtle mount would fish up a enough fish for 100 feasts, a week. My 2nd attempt at that got me the sea turtle. Though later I would capture a 2nd one on another toon as I single handed unlocked the feasts in Cata needed fishing from schools. That was a A LOT of fish. Really wish the tiny carp were cageable, I'd so be willing to pay someone else to fish them up for me ;) ~ K

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » March 12th, 2013, 1:24 pm

I fish the crowded pools every day at 100 catches or so (which means more than 100 casts, obviously). Sometimes I do this with 2-3 alts. So far, no pet carp. With about 800 casts done, I guess I am a long way from RNG heaven (if someone really did 14,000 casts without luck). I am coming to the conclusion that fishing for the carp pet is not a cost effective use of limited game playing time (after all, it might be nice to actually go earn some gear upgrades, lol).

OK, Blizzard, I give! Back to Isle of Thunder...or maybe, back to Guild Wars 2. :|

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » March 12th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Koori wrote:Still 0 for 4 here, though my daily "attempts" at it = fishing for each of Nat's fish. Really wish the tiny carp were cageable, I'd so be willing to pay someone else to fish them up for me ;) ~ K
DITTO!!!!!!!

Taurnek22
Top Rater
Pet Score:2460
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Taurnek22 » March 13th, 2013, 12:31 am

Tried my luck today in the Jade Forest with the fish of the day. Fished for an hour with my Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm. Caught about 160 Jade Lungfish, 17 Sealed Crates, one Flying Tiger Gourami and one Krakkanon.

It's a good thing I have lots of patience because I have the worst luck with fishing pets and mounts.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 13th, 2013, 12:56 am

While waiting for my SC2 optimization to end, I fished a bit from the pools in Vale and to my big surprise, caught the green carp after only a good 100 casts. \o/
- Taking your candles since 2005