Isle of Thunder is CRZ'ed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Isle of Thunder is CRZ'ed

Post by Gendou » March 5th, 2013, 8:20 pm

I know I'm not alone among pet collectors when I say that CRZ is a terrible-horrible, no-good, very-bad thing.
One of the redeeming factors about Pandaria is that it isn't CRZ'ed up like every other zone - until now.

So all of those shiny new wild pets you might want to collect? We'll be competing against every other server in our group.
I've already had the displeasure of clearing mobs from around a pet, only to have someone swoop in and snag it.

Poorly done, Blizzard. Poorly done. :evil:

ImageImage

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Isle of Thunder is CRZ'ed

Post by Mehetabel » March 5th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Oh poo, that really sucks! :(

CRZ is the worst thing in the history of the world ever (especially for us pet collectors)!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 6th, 2013, 3:36 am

CRZ might be annoying in the beginning, but I very much prefer it over the empty zones that were before. Eventually you can and will get every pet, just be patient.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 6th, 2013, 5:39 am

More than CRZ, it's the phasing that's a bummer for me. I'll see a wild pet off in the distance but as I travel close, it disappears. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 6th, 2013, 6:45 am

First, Pandaria is "CRZ'd", it's just not coalesced. In other words players can group with friends from other realms, but multiple realms are not shoved together.

I have not seen people from other realms on IoT on my realm. If you are seeing people from other realms it may just be people grouping with friends cross realms.

I have not read anywhere that they are coalescing IoT and it would be naturally crowded anyway since it is new content so they probably wouldn't do it at this point.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 6th, 2013, 9:13 am

Quintessence wrote:More than CRZ, it's the phasing that's a bummer for me. I'll see a wild pet off in the distance but as I travel close, it disappears. :(
This this this. This happened to me I don't know how many times last night. I was very frustrated. I don't understand why there would be phasing issues already. Are we not all in the same phase currently?

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 6th, 2013, 9:21 am

Talmar wrote:
Quintessence wrote:More than CRZ, it's the phasing that's a bummer for me. I'll see a wild pet off in the distance but as I travel close, it disappears. :(
This this this. This happened to me I don't know how many times last night. I was very frustrated. I don't understand why there would be phasing issues already. Are we not all in the same phase currently?
The pets are hidden behind mob-filled phases. Once we go to Phase 2, the mobs will be gone as we advance into the zone.
Then the hidden pets will be available from there forward. It's a temporary issue for the first few phases.

Now, that having been said: there are ways around it.
I had very good luck with riding full-speed toward a phased pet and spamming my Interact button.
I managed to catch a rare version of all four wild pets last night without too much of a grind.
ImageImage

Cyberjus
Pet Score:3962
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Cyberjus » March 6th, 2013, 9:26 am

Some of the coming dailies (once the stages start completing) will be pvp ones. It will need to be CRZ for those. I do not have a problem with CRZ, makes things more interesting. It will settle down after a few weeks, it is the first day after all.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 6th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Talmar wrote:
Target it and spam a key bound to Interact With Target as you slowly approach it.

Rayniee
Pet Score:5126
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Rayniee » March 6th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I spent a few hours on the new island and did not see one green paw. I did manage to get the toenibbler and the tomb to let my hunter tame a dino, but never seen a hint of a battle pet. :(

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 6th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Cyberjus wrote:Some of the coming dailies (once the stages start completing) will be pvp ones. It will need to be CRZ for those. I do not have a problem with CRZ, makes things more interesting. It will settle down after a few weeks, it is the first day after all.
Why would it have to be CRZ for the pvp dailies? There are NPCs which will count for them last I heard.
Image Image

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 7th, 2013, 12:15 am

Rayniee wrote:I spent a few hours on the new island and did not see one green paw. I did manage to get the toenibbler and the tomb to let my hunter tame a dino, but never seen a hint of a battle pet. :(
That's the Isle of Giants. The four new wild pets are on the Isle of Thunder.
ImageImage

Rayniee
Pet Score:5126
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Rayniee » March 7th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Ohhh! Well, I should have known I was in the wrong place. :oops:

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » March 7th, 2013, 2:47 pm

I use a trick with my warlock and have interact with target keybound. Basically I set up my portal within interact distance to the pet then run away mounted until the paw shows on the map and I can /target the pet. I autorun into the direction of the pet spam click my teleport then spam interact and it will usually yield a pet battle after a couple of attempts. The warlock gateways may work as well but I haven't tried those yet XD