Turnip

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us
Turnip

Post by Abyl1 » February 27th, 2013, 11:29 am

So excited, after farming Tillers for about a month my new level 90 just got the Ominous Seed last night. Tonight I will finally be able to harvest this guy! :mrgreen:

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Re: Turnip

Post by Breehit » February 27th, 2013, 11:36 am

Grats!!! I have 4 toons in Pandaria harvesting every day, and only got one turnip in 2 months. RNG has blessed you! :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 27th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Yay grats! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 27th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Congrats! I did get one a while back, wasn't even aware it came that way till I harvested it. I have been harvesting the special stuff ever since. Like songbells for motes and the one the results in Cloth. I would guess it doesn't drop from these, it has to be the normal seeds that result in cooking ingredients. I haven't seen one again in 2 months(probably more) of farming the non cooking seeds.

A side note, these seem to be becoming relatively cheap now. I saw one for under 50 gold so I grabbed it for my daughters account, she doesn't play much but likes having the pets when she does.

A great pet for farming low level rares. It's first skill will only bring it to 1 hit point without fear of killing it. Who here has not felt the sting of a crit hit on a rare you have been camping for longer than you would like!! BAM dead rare. :x

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » February 27th, 2013, 5:28 pm

I have two 90's working the farm and have never seen a Terrible Turnip. However, I traded a Porcupette with a guildie as I got a 2nd Porcupette and she had a spare Terrible Turnip

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 27th, 2013, 10:04 pm

I gave up. Went over to the AH and threw down 200 gold and I was happy.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 28th, 2013, 11:49 am

I actually bought two more turnips cheap on the AH, and I plan to level them to 25 for rare farming teams. With the changes in 5.2 making it painful to forfeit a battle, I plan to have 3 teams to rotate into play as pets get unhealthy from forfeits. This way, I can continue working toward the "all-rare" goal.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 28th, 2013, 12:35 pm

I've noticed a sharp difference in prices of the turnips on the AH. On the realms I've been checking (about four of them, normal & RP), the item can be 50g or so, but the pet (level 1) would be anywhere from 500-2000 gold. I've been buying the items, learning them, caging, and reselling as a battle pet at an obscene markup. :)

That said, congrats on getting yours. It took me months of daily dedicated farming on two characters before mine finally appeared.