Gilnean Raven Breed Variety Removed (PTR)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ceathra
Pet Score:2665
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: Gilnean Raven Breed Variety Removed (PTR)

Post by Ceathra » March 12th, 2013, 12:01 pm

I read somewhere (though for the life of me I can't find it again,) that we may get all our pets retroactively nerfed to the set breed variety in a future patch. I'm ok with them setting a breed variety, but having spent a good bit of time on the AH and leveling toons to get the Breed I wanted, I'm a little bummed that they may retroactively make that time and gold wasted.

I know that existing pets haven't changed IDs yet, but does anyone have any definitive info?

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 12th, 2013, 12:20 pm

I wouldn't mind at all if they got rid of breeds. I know some just love love love their spreadsheets, but breeds have thus far gone almost entirely unacknowledged by Blizzard, and are confusing as hell to new pet battlers. If they do get rid of them, though, I hope they don't nerf everything down to B/B. That would seriously affect the viability of quite a few pets.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 12th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Ceathra wrote:I read somewhere (though for the life of me I can't find it again,) that we may get all our pets retroactively nerfed to the set breed variety in a future patch. I'm ok with them setting a breed variety, but having spent a good bit of time on the AH and leveling toons to get the Breed I wanted, I'm a little bummed that they may retroactively make that time and gold wasted.

I know that existing pets haven't changed IDs yet, but does anyone have any definitive info?
Only pets that can be obtained once per account (such as achievement pets) are being changed into a single breed. Those collected after 5.2 will be that single breed. Blizzard is currently working on the tech to include pets that existed prior to 5.2 into the fold.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 12th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I wish they would let those that have the specific breed keep them. I would've never stoned my raven so quickly had this been the case. I have a crow same breed that needs a leveling and stone now :(

i am glad i didn't pay big bucks for a specific breed though.

Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Truweildude » March 16th, 2013, 12:07 am

I think that yes, achievement and racial pets should only come in 1 breed. Its just sad that the 1s that do are usually B/B. Vendor and crafted pets should remain in multiple breeds, we might lose some specialness if they do this to vendor pets. Right now the yellow moth is the ONLY moth to come in a P/P breed. Most vendor pets have a B modifier, but others come in PS and HP breeds, like the owls, I would hate to lose that uniqueness.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » March 24th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Update - I just bought another new Shore Crawler and the breed was B/B. My old one is H/P still. It would be nice if there was an updated database somewhere that differentiated between the old and new breeds (may sound silly but with so many pets, I don't want to sell one that I can't get again!)