My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Lady Luck was smiling last night

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Markdotjames

Pet Score: 2004

Lady Luck was smiling last night

Postby Markdotjames » February 13th, 2013, 5:55 am

After months of collecting pets i was amazed last night when I decided to try and upgrade two hard to find pets, Nexus Whelpling and Flayer Youngling, I logged on my alt pet finder toon on Ravencrest PVP server and both places were camped and empty of said pets, I logged back into my Main Draenor EU realm and decided I would just have a look, bear in mind its a well populated realm and my success rate on this realm for rare pets is terrible, I flew into TF and found a Flayer straight away, landed shaking and clicked the pet and it was a RARE!, wow I was buzzing, then I hearthed to Org and took the boat to BT, flew up and did a circuit for the NW, half way round I found one and landed clicked again and was whooping when I realised it was a RARE as well, the wife came in and wanted to know what was up!, I explained to her and she just looked at me with a blank expression and just sighed at me..LOL

I was a very happy pet collector last night :)

Laraven

Pet Score: 2986

Re: Lady Luck was smiling last night

Postby Laraven » February 13th, 2013, 6:26 am

Grats!

You know, I have had better luck on my main high pop server then on the lower ones. Seems everyone has the idea to camp the lower pops.

Mehetabel

Pet Score: 2944

Postby Mehetabel » February 13th, 2013, 9:53 am

Nice one :)

I also get that shaking feeling when I find a rare I've been after for ages!

Tatra

Pet Score: 2708

Postby Tatra » February 13th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Congrats man :)

Wamo
Top Rater

Pet Score: 1913

Postby Wamo » February 13th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Grats! Hope they have good breeds (still good if they don't though!)

Mosbhet
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2727

Postby Mosbhet » February 14th, 2013, 12:51 am

Wow, congrats to ya! It's always great to see when patience and persistence (with some of that "Lady Luck" :) ) pay off in a big way!

Your wife's reaction gave me a good chuckle. Though my situation is different, I do understand what it's like to get that type of response. :lol:

Realunimportant

Pet Score: 1421

Postby Realunimportant » February 14th, 2013, 8:52 am

I have Lady Luck's eye at the moment. Doing a tour of Deepholm to collect pets I don't have, and the first *seven* different battles gave me a rare from a different species that I needed each time, and the eighth gave me a rare upgrade to one I already owned from another zone. And then I got Aeonaxx as well! I keep joking to my guildmates that I must be about to wake up...

Now up to 11/11 fights picked/rares caught; I've got every pet I can catch here so I'm moving on. Is Deepholm that underplayed, that spawns are able to stay rare so long?

Tinuthien
Top Rater

Pet Score: 683

Postby Tinuthien » February 15th, 2013, 1:45 am

Realunimportant wrote:I have Lady Luck's eye at the moment. Doing a tour of Deepholm to collect pets I don't have, and the first *seven* different battles gave me a rare from a different species that I needed each time, and the eighth gave me a rare upgrade to one I already owned from another zone. And then I got Aeonaxx as well! I keep joking to my guildmates that I must be about to wake up...

I hope you and Markdotjames both bought a lottery ticket!!!

Return to Pet Collecting