Is the giraffe ever come in blue quality ?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Everelda
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
Re: Is the giraffe ever come in blue quality ?

Post by Everelda » February 11th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Yes it does, sadly tracking down the adult mobs that they wander after can be a pain in the tushy. I like others suggest going during a downtime for the area with a target macro. Also i suggest maybe settling on a uncommon or common and using the stones to upgrade it.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » February 12th, 2013, 12:11 pm

I had given up on getting this as a rare and just using a stone, but yesterday I logged in on my DK on Venture Company and gave the Southern Barrens one more sweep. There were several packs of Barren Giraffes up but, did come across a Calf. I finally just as I got to the end of my sweep I came across a pair of Barrens Giraffes just north of Bael Modan near the path going into Dustwallow Marsh. They just happen to have a calf following them and it was a rare only the second calf I have seen since I started wild pet farming.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » February 12th, 2013, 1:52 pm

I would suggest not using a stone if your having issues finding any pet. Just pass that one for the time being and move on. Then you can camp on an alt, and check once in a while. Once you have everything else tamed, you can go back to it. The Giraffe took me over a week of non stop camping to find a rare. They are out there, just have to be very patient. Don't forget, some pets can not be found as rares. Save your stones for those. :)