Darkmoon Rabbit Question.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Anjani
Pet Score:2642
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Darkmoon Rabbit Question.

Post by Anjani » February 4th, 2013, 4:50 am

I bought this pet off of the Auction House. When I bought it, I bought the Darkmoon Rabbit under the Companion Pets tab..its a blue. There was also two Darkmoon Rabbits listed which were purple and slightly higher in price and listed under Battle Pets tab and level 1. At the time, I asked a guild friend what the difference was between the purple and the blue...he advised me at the time that the blue was better to get as it was of higher quality than the purples and that the purples were not as good and redeemed by tokens. Can someone shed some light on the differences and I apologise if this is a stupid question.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit Question.

Post by Casca » February 4th, 2013, 6:09 am

Darkmoon Rabbit can't be redeemed through tokens, it's only a drop.
The dropped version is the purple one, reflecting the items rarity (quite hard to get).
Once you learn it and cage it again it will show as blue (rare), as this is the highest quality of pets you can get at the moment.
As far as I know only the breed can differ. You can see the breed on the blue ones, but not on the purple ones, as they haven't been learned yet.
Therefore, if you want a certain breed, get a blue one. If you don't care, just get the cheapest one you can find (purple or blue).

Anjani
Pet Score:2642
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit Question.

Post by Anjani » February 5th, 2013, 1:51 am

Ahh thank you..makes sense now:)