Share pet collecting news and advice.
Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us
Sumprush Rodent - How many?

Post by Greenstar » February 1st, 2013, 3:15 pm

I'm about 500 commendations away from being able to buy the sumprush rodent crate, so hopefully I'll be able to get it early next week depending on how much play time I get in this weekend.

I'm just curious how many rodents usually spawn at a time and what the respawn time is like. I have a bunch of friends that want to get in on it and I'm hoping to be able to get other collectors from here if possible, but I wanted to know what a reasonable number of people is to invite in order to give everyone a good chance of farming for breed and rarity.

I'll make a post a day or so prior to using the crate to arrange for invites.

Have a great weekend!

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Sumprush Rodent - How many?

Post by Talmar » February 1st, 2013, 3:39 pm

Pretty much a constant spawn for 20 minutes.

I had a guildy drop one and there were about a dozen of us and there was no shortage the entire 20 minutes.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » February 2nd, 2013, 12:44 pm

They run to the same 6-10 spots (cant rememeber how many). Everytime a battle is over, a new run to the spot.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » February 2nd, 2013, 1:23 pm

There is plenty of time and spawn. I was in a group of 6 and they spawned faster than we could tame them. Since the spawn area is relatively small there wasn't too much running around. Each of us walked away with 2-3 rares.

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » February 3rd, 2013, 8:34 pm

I saw about 20, mostly poors but I got a rare / uncommon

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » February 4th, 2013, 8:40 am

When I ran my event, we had a lot of people. We made sure everyone was able to get at least one, but it was too many for everyone to be able to look for upgrades. I would suggest not inviting more than a dozen, if you want upgrades.
Mingyao on Madoran

Drubnek
Pet Score:1946
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Drubnek » February 4th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Just did this yesterday. Me and a guildie benefited from a fellow guildie grinding medals. There were quite a few of them. It took forever for me to get a blue. Time was running short to be honest. I think you have 10 minutes from when they drop the box.

Good Luck!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 4th, 2013, 2:20 pm

The box lasts 20 minutes. It will spawn rodents continuously from a spot next to the quatermaster and will spawn up to 6 rodents. Up to 6 rodents will continue to spawn for the duration - that counts both rodents that aren't in combat as well as rodents currently being fought (so if 3 people are in combat with them, there can only be 3 others out - and as each is captured another will spawn to replace it). Once the 20 minutes is up any rodents that haven't been fought will stay up until capture or despawned. Also I believe the rodents can't be attacked (I tried it once) so you'll need to despawn them by forfeit.

Finkployd
Pet Score:4153
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Finkployd » February 9th, 2013, 3:32 pm

As said about it was around 20 minutes of constant spawning. Me and three friends all got rares from one crate just before they stopped spawning.

Heads up though, Maybe I'm just clueless but I wasn't aware that no matter where you try to lay down the box it will 'go off' at the quarter master so there is no way to be sneaky about it really. I believe it even puts out a zone wide emote that you dropped the box -_-' thankfully not many people were on when I laid mine or it might have been a bit more hectic; only a couple people joined in so it wasn't bad at all.

Arishia
Pet Score:10067
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Arishia » February 9th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Heck, I'd be happy with any quality, can always upgrade it with a stone later.