Arch trade in for pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drubnek
Pet Score:1946
Realm:Icecrown-us
Arch trade in for pets

Post by Drubnek » January 31st, 2013, 9:16 am

OK so I hit 600 last night in archaeology and am thinking of getting the pets. I have the clockwork and raptor already. Which factions are the best to do the trade in for pieces from the panda arch? Tol'Vir? I wasn't sure which ones had the new pets I guess. I will check the guide as well.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Re: Arch trade in for pets

Post by Bonhomous » January 31st, 2013, 9:49 am

Drubnek wrote:OK so I hit 600 last night in archaeology and am thinking of getting the pets. I have the clockwork and raptor already. Which factions are the best to do the trade in for pieces from the panda arch? Tol'Vir? I wasn't sure which ones had the new pets I guess. I will check the guide as well.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. "Which factions are the best to do the trade in for pieces from the panda arch?"

Also, not sure about new archeology pets. If you have the Clockwork Gnome and the Fossilized Hatchling, then you still need:
Crawling Claw - Tol'Vir
Pterrordax Hatchling - Fossil
Voodoo Figurine - Troll

That's all I know about Archeology Pets, if my information is incomplete I'm hoping someone else will update me as well.

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » January 31st, 2013, 9:58 am

buy Tol'vir fragments and hope to get lucky with the Claw or the mount. Fossils and the other pets can be farmed quickly but unless you get lucky with Tol'vir then it could be a slog to get that pet. or you could pony out for it. Claws go for 25-50k on proudmoore.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 31st, 2013, 6:18 pm

Definitely get Tol'Vir fragments for your completed artifacts, the others are much easier to get.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » February 1st, 2013, 8:25 am

The Archaeology pet items (the ones that etach you the pet) are rare, apart from the Crawling Claw, which is epic. This is reflected in the rarity of getting the solve!

You'll still be after the claw long after you've got the other pets, unless you get lucky. Tol'vir fragments also have a chance at giving you a mount (as do fossil).