Horde only pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jackncoke
Pet Score:2196
Realm:Spirestone-us
Horde only pets

Post by Jackncoke » January 23rd, 2013, 3:52 pm

Besides the Argent Champion Tourney area, are there any other horde only pets?

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Re: Horde only pets

Post by Cabadath » January 23rd, 2013, 4:25 pm

Festival lantern
Argent gruntling
Guild page
Guild herald
Horde balloon
Enchanted lantern

As well as some from the pet store (moonkin and hippogryph both come in a horde and an alliance version as far as I can remember).

Not sure if I nailed them all, but there are several faction-specific ones. Start a horde character, buy from the AH, start a horde char to cage pets for selling on that AH to buy horde pets.

Good hunting :)

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Zerdolf » January 24th, 2013, 12:17 am

Cabadath wrote:Festival lantern
Argent gruntling
Guild page
Guild herald
Horde balloon
Enchanted lantern

As well as some from the pet store (moonkin and hippogryph both come in a horde and an alliance version as far as I can remember).

Not sure if I nailed them all, but there are several faction-specific ones. Start a horde character, buy from the AH, start a horde char to cage pets for selling on that AH to buy horde pets.

Good hunting :)
Festival Lantern can only be bought from the vendor by Horde during the event but can be learned by an alliance toon if you can get it (neutral AH possibly).
Enchanted Lantern is the same way, can be learned by alliance but is created by a Horde enchanter.

:twisted:

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Zerdolf » January 24th, 2013, 12:21 am

And the Argent Tourney pets are not quite Horde only. They also can be learned by alliance but can only be bought from the vendors by Horde toons.

Easiest thing to do is find someone on here that will do a 5 for 5 trade for them. Otherwise you can level a Horde toon and get them yourself or farm your AH until you find them all.

:twisted:

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 24th, 2013, 9:46 am

There are also a few pets that can only be bought off of Horde only venders but can be learned by Alliance. I just can't remember which ones off the top of my head at the moment.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » January 24th, 2013, 11:05 am

Shore Crawler can only be learned from the trainer by Goblin characters. They can be caged, but you can only learn one per character. This mirrors the Gilnean Raven and Worgen characters.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 25th, 2013, 1:47 pm

There are very few pets that have Faction limitations.

Moonkin Hatchling
Argent Gruntling / Argent Squire
Horde/Alliance Balloons
Guild Pages and Squires - These are the only pets that are bound to individual characters. I believe they are also the only ones that have a summoning cooldown.