Archaeology for Pet Collectors

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us
Archaeology for Pet Collectors

Post by Scarydreams » January 19th, 2013, 6:58 pm

I just spend the last 5 mins reading the guide for Archaeology for Pet Collectors and I must say it's a great guide. There are several addons that will help you with Archaeology the only one I have used is Archy here a direct link to it on Curse.com
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/archy it is not that hard to set up just a few quick clicks and your good to go.

I have all the companions right now but the hand I hope to have it in the near future.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Archaeology for Pet Collectors

Post by Drrum » January 19th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Thank you. I'll have to look into this. I quit archeology in cata because it was just so mind-numbingly, fruitlessly frustrating. I actually nearly quit the game because of archeology. I tentatively got back to digging after the archeology improvements in MoP, which resulted in some nice Pandaria rewards. But I still cannot bring myself to get back into digging cata sites yet. Maybe this will help.

Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ryushii » January 19th, 2013, 8:31 pm

TBH. once I got into Pandaria with arch, I never looked back. I got my claw farming pandaria. You finish an artifact in pandaria, right click it and turn it into currency. Use those to buy crates of pieces for any other race. Yeah, you need a lot more pieces overall. But, IMO, its faster to collect in pandaria than anywhere else. Such a small continent. And in the case of the claw, Tol'vir is insane to try to get. But I farmed and handed in 46 pandaria artifacts in 2 hours work. That let me finish roughly 20 Tol'vir relics and i got my hand. Tip: use your mogu and panda fragments asap. Every relic you can. It saves a lot of time.

Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Scarydreams » January 19th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Drrum wrote:Thank you. I'll have to look into this. I quit archeology in cata because it was just so mind-numbingly, fruitlessly frustrating. I actually nearly quit the game because of archeology. I tentatively got back to digging after the archeology improvements in MoP, which resulted in some nice Pandaria rewards. But I still cannot bring myself to get back into digging cata sites yet. Maybe this will help.

Your very welcome and good luck and happy digging :D

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 19th, 2013, 11:18 pm

I really got burned out on archaeology in Cataclsym. I not only did the grind on my main to get all the achievements, but I also did it on an alt to get the Vial of the Sands. It did net me two Crawling Claws, but I continued grinding out Tol'vir sites trying to get the Ultramarine Qiraji Battletank. After months and months of no progress towards the last four rares I needed (one Dwarf, one Troll, and two Tol'vir) I decided to give up until Mists of Pandaria.

On the night that Mists dropped, I decided to spend my time trying for Realm First Zen Archaeologist. I spent about five hours on launch night doing archaeology and had a good time exploring some of the more empty higher level zones. This not only got me my realm first achievement, but the next day when I started questing, I had a much easier time than most with quests, as a lot of people had already moved on.

Since then I hadn't really touched archaeology until this week. I've now finished up all of the rep grinds and so now that I have more time I've picked it up again. Currently I'm just going through and surveying all the sites as I do my normal circuit of the tamer dailies. I find that archaeology goes really well with pet battles, as each can take you to many places you might not otherwise go to. Also, doing them together like this seems to work pretty well at keeping me from getting burned out by spending all my time doing one or the other.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 20th, 2013, 12:13 am

I've been skittish of archeology since my vial grind. I still have a few pets to get, so maybe I'll jump in again.