Simply THE BEST server to pet collect

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hoopatang
Pet Score:4170
Realm:Shandris-us
Simply THE BEST server to pet collect

Post by Hoopatang » January 14th, 2013, 3:40 pm

I posted this over in the Scourged Whelpling thread, but going to put it out here so everyone can see it.

The best way to get a scourged whelpling is to go to a server that has NOT been included in the CRZ madness.
(Yes, they do exist!)

Folks with EU subscriptions: Earthen Ring - EU
Folks with US/Oceanic subscriptions: The Venture Co - US

I can't speak for Earthen Ring, as I don't have an EU sub, but on TVC all of the heavily-camped pets are plentiful and usually there's no one around to bother you, even though it's an RP-PVP server.
For instance, day before yesterday there were 17 infinite whelplings outside of the entrance to COT.
Each morning there are at least a dozen scourged whelplings that spawn in Icecrown. (Which will change after tomorrow's maintenance, it will become early afternoon rather than morning.)
There are so many fel flames in Shadowmoon Valley that they are, literally, not able to be counted. Defeat one and another instantly spawns somewhere else. The place is crawling with them.

Roll yourself a DK and you can instantly (once you're out of the starting zone) fill out at least 90% of the heavily-camped pets you're missing on your list.
For the ones in Northrend, you'll need to level up a bit - which isn't hard. Just go straight to Outlands and start questing while queueing up for dungeons.
A level 73 frost DK can easily defeat the lvl 80 mobs that hang around Sindragosa's Fall.

I would suggest rolling an Alliance DK, simply to make getting the Cogblade raptor easier. You can fly right into Toshley's station and start battling them. There's nothing that's horde-specific or even easier for horde to get, so come to the Alliance side. :)

Now, please, if you come to TVC... don't start being an ass and PVPing people just because you can. There are plenty of pets to go around. The atmosphere there currently is "if he's not bothering me, there's no need for me to bother him", and we'd like to keep it that way.... but for pet collectors, this server is simply *amazing*.

(Remember that you don't have to transfer a toon. You can simply roll a new toon on that server, catch the pets you want, then hop back over to your main's server and use those pets.)

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Simply THE BEST server to pet collect

Post by Saviya » January 14th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I did this on the latin america servers and was able to find a minfernal my first trip out (yay), but none were as numerous as you say your server is. Might have to go snoop around a bit over there :D

Hoopatang
Pet Score:4170
Realm:Shandris-us

Post by Hoopatang » January 14th, 2013, 10:32 pm

I've only seen one minfernal up at a time there on TVC, but at least there aren't 30 people flying around camping the spawns. :)
I found one sitting there waiting as soon as I got out of the starting zone (it was the first one I went for, lol); a guildie of mine had to check it a couple times in between filling out the rest of her list.

Laxman22
Pet Score:6987
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Laxman22 » January 15th, 2013, 1:56 am

Oh man I'm gonna try this very soon. Been trying to get a scourged whelpling, minfernal, etc forEVER.

Thanks for the info!

Quick question: if someone has a toon on venture co and I add them to battle tag, can I have them invite me on my main to cross over or is it completely cut off from any kind of crz? (including battle tag zoning)

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » January 15th, 2013, 11:53 am

I can confirm Venture Co. being a good place to get pets :) snagged my own minfernal there, as well as upgraded nearly every Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor pet to rare quality save for the Fire Beetle, Moccasin, Molten Hatchling, and Snowy Owl purely because they are zone wide and annoyed me :P

Mesu
Pet Score:1803
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Mesu » January 15th, 2013, 7:08 pm

I made a toon on TVC last night before reset. D: waited till reset, nothing. After reset and 3 hours after...nothing. >_< I got tired of waiting and decided to do LFR on my main on Area 52. It appears luck isn't on my side. :(

Enzzo
Pet Score:6336
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Enzzo » January 15th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Finally got my Minfernal recently :) I might pop by TVC just for grins though :)

Byntaran
Pet Score:2762
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Byntaran » January 16th, 2013, 3:16 am

I'm on Alextraza, and I set a limit of about 15 minutes per pet and went zone by zone with my Druid (namesake).

First trip through, I missed the two Winterspring Robots, Lofty Libram, Jade Oozeling, and the weather related ones and of course, Scourged Whelpling. (Yes, I got my Minifernal in just a couple of minutes in zone.

Then I parked a DK from another realm where the oozeling's spawn

My Druid has an Argent Tabbard, so was easily checking that location and a quick flight over to check for snow. (Got the Scourged Whelpling about 48 hours after reset, only took the first one instead of hunting for a Rare.)

I went back for the robots and had enough channel chatter to keep me around without getting too bored. Someone here actually let everyone know she just hearthed back from a sandstorm and I hauled butt to CoT and out to get my bug.

I hit the Greench on several toons a day, and would check for the Libram right after and eventually picked it up.

Parked a 43 Priest to wait for the Baby Ape.

*Edited a typo
Last edited by Byntaran on January 19th, 2013, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » January 16th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Welcome to the meta game of the meta game :) I've used all of these techniques described in the thread. Strangely enough I was lucky to get the Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling before do any of these tricks.

Laxman22
Pet Score:6987
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Laxman22 » January 18th, 2013, 2:04 am

If anyone has a US alliance 90 on venture co please add Avercy#1760, I need to be pulled over to your realm if that's possible to get a scourged whelpling. Thanks.

Quasit
Pet Score:1950
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Quasit » January 18th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Is there someone who can confirm this for Earthen Ring - EU server?

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » January 19th, 2013, 7:40 am

90% of my characters are on Earthen Ring. Never knew it wasn't part of CRZ. I find plenty of Scourged Whelpling everytime I'm in the neighborhood. But I'm not collecting that much lately so can't say for other pets. Let me know which are hard to get and I'll take a look.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 19th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Do you have any high-level Horde char on Earthen Ring?

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » January 20th, 2013, 4:19 am

My highest horde is level 84.
EDIT: I decided to check out the minfernal in Felwood as I believe it's a hard one to find and found one after 2 minutes or so. Server restart is several days ago, so yes, I guess Earthen Ring is a good server for pet collection.

Morrior
Pet Score:6758
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Morrior » January 20th, 2013, 1:39 pm

I cannot agree more, I leveled a DK and flew to Felwood and ran up and on the upper shelf, I found my minfernal, poor quality but will level him up and use a stone on him.

Thank you very much for posting this server info, I really enjoy the atmosphere from what I've seen so far, may make it my new 2nd home :)

Quasit

Post by Quasit » January 21st, 2013, 9:45 am

Thank you .. DK rolling on Earthen Ring in progress :D

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 21st, 2013, 11:54 am

Earthen Ring, first night, 2 minfernals. Recommended :p

Azillero
Pet Score:3211
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Azillero » January 21st, 2013, 12:02 pm

I started a DK on TVC. Got a Giraffe Calf finally. Took a look for a Scourged Whelpling, but no luck. I'll check back after reset on Tues.

So far, this looks like a great strategy. Thanks for the tip!

Quasit

Post by Quasit » January 21st, 2013, 4:14 pm

Oh yeah .. it works :D

Spent a few hours leveling my DK ... went straight to felwood after i left the starting zone.
Bang .. there he was ... ok, only common but who cares :lol:

As said above .. recommend, Earthen Ring !!!!

Edit : 15 minutes later an uncommon Spawn of Onyxia ... :o
Nice server ;)

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 21st, 2013, 9:47 pm

Made an Alliance DK on TVC.
Went to Felwood. No Minfernals around ...
... but I did get killed by a Hordie. :evil:
ImageImage