MoP Beta Pet Trading

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maleika
Re: MoP Beta Pet Trading

Post by Maleika » May 6th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Brink wrote:my question is how would this work for a pet like murky? we have the egg and will always have the egg to send to any toon we want so they can have the pet. i am interested to see how they fix this one.
That shouldnt be an issue if Blizz keeps to they're statement:

MMO-Champion has a translated version of the WoW China Developers Q&A. Two notable questions related to pet trading and Pet Battles were answered. [source]

Will there be any rules about pet trading? Will we be able to trade pets of limited editions (like Panda Cub) or Blizzard Store pets (like Wind Rider Cub)? How about achievement pets?
We plan to allow players to trade Blizzard Store pets excluding Guardian Cub (because it's not BoP and it's unique). Collector's edition and other limited edition pets (like Mini Tyrael or BlizzCon pets) will not be tradable, either.

You said earlier that not all pets can take part in pet battle system. What are the exceptions?
Currently the exceptions are pets with humanoid children models. They will not be included in pet battle system. Nor will the Guardian Cub.

Keep in mind that these answers may differ on outside of China. We're still guessing that balloon pets (and other similar lifeless models) will not not be able to fight.

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » May 7th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Brink wrote:my question is how would this work for a pet like murky? we have the egg and will always have the egg to send to any toon we want so they can have the pet. i am interested to see how they fix this one.
Certain pets will not be tradeable. I believe that (sadly for me) Blizzcon and CE pets are among those. As for other account-wide pets, I suspect the item will disappear when used, as most do now. I read somewhere that we can have up to three of each kind of pet in our journal, so I suspect that for pets we currently know on every character either we will end up with three in the journal and so have two to sell, or Blizzard might make an exception for those and condense them all down to one, which would make sense but kind of suck.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 11th, 2012, 7:35 am

Oddly enough, despite saying they plan on allowing the trade of the PetStore companions, these pets are currently not tradable on the beta. Here's a list of the pets (that I have on me and can check) that are not tradable on the beta:
  • Cenarion Hatchling
    Deathy
    Grunty
    Gryphon Hatchling
    Lil' Ragnaros
    Lil' K.T.
    Lil' XT
    Mini Thor
    Moonkin Hatchling
    Murkablo
    Pandaren Monk
    Soul of the Aspects
    Wind Rider Cub
This could just be a bug, and things could change. Or developers might have had a change of heart. It's hard to say right now.

Can anyone check the WoW CE pets to see if they are cage-able on the beta? TCG pets and "no longer available" pets are tradable just fyi.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 12th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Quintessence wrote:Can anyone check the WoW CE pets to see if they are cage-able on the beta? TCG pets and "no longer available" pets are tradable just fyi.
I can confirm that CE pets are non-tradeable (with the possible exception of Vanilla, since I don't have those).