5.2 PTR Pet Battles

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us
5.2 PTR Pet Battles

Post by Jordicus » January 11th, 2013, 7:18 am

Would love to have feedback from anyone else on the PTR. really a bummer that our pets don't transfer with our chars....

So far the only thing I have seen odd is that the camera angle now seems locked when you start a battle.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: 5.2 PTR Pet Battles

Post by Waveryn » January 11th, 2013, 9:08 am

Was wondering if you recently re-downloaded your character Jordicus, to see if it made a difference. I have Beta and have not been on in quite some time but may re load it all to see what happens and will let you know.
Wave

Ryna
MVP

Post by Ryna » January 13th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Building a turret takes less time. I really hate the camera being stuck, though. I hope they fix that soon.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » January 15th, 2013, 6:42 pm

i just hope these new battles are harder than the panda ones. or offer a little bit more of a challange.

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » January 15th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Pets still don't copy over (on the other hand, you get a Mini Tyrael to play with Q_Q). If you want to test this stuff out, your best bet is to cage a bunch of your lv25 pets, including a lv1 rare raptor or cat with Devour, and then copy over. My spare Razzashi pup chewed his way to 25 pretty quickly, even with trying to catch stuff along the way.

Objects in general take less time. Decoy and turrets build twice as fast, it seems. That tornado move that everyone hates also seems to process much faster.

Oh, and when a Gilnean Raven's Nevermore procs, it shouts "Nevermore!"

I've only bothered with a few of the boss fights, but as of right now they're pretty straightforward, even with a kinda limited pet selection.

Enzzo
Pet Score:6336
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Enzzo » January 15th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Can you post any stats on those elite pets?

Post by Guest » January 16th, 2013, 11:12 am

Does anyone know if only one person at a time can click the elite pets? Or are they quest triggers that you can battle as long as you have the quest? ~ K

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 16th, 2013, 11:54 am

I beleive a blue poster stated that they are suppose to be just like the Tamers when battleing and are currently bugged on the PTR (currently at work so can't find the link). So you phase when fighting (no worries about getting ganked), they do not despawn when winning/losing/forfieting, and multiple people can fight them at one time. Now I am not on the PTR so I could be wrong, if so I'm sure someone will correct me.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 26th, 2013, 1:45 am

Just did some battling on the PTR on the new isle. The new pet battle mechanics are in and can be tested.
  • - Forfeiting a battle will indeed respawn the wild pet you were battling. Same team, same breed, same qualities, and I haven't tested thoroughly, but I'm guessing same colors as well.

- Defeating the first pet in a wild battle and then forfeiting will NOT respawn the remaining, undefeated pets on that team. Any pet still remaining on a wild pet team will not respawn on their own or with a new wild team. This might change in the future?

- The forfeit penalty is 10% of each pet's health on your active pet team.

- The forfeit penalty currently applies to Tamer battles, not just wild pet encounters. This might change in the future?
More thoughts on these new mechanics and some screenshots of the new wild pets in their natural habitat can be found [url=http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2013/01/52-ptr-new-mechanics-first-impressions.html]on my blog[/url].
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » January 26th, 2013, 8:49 am

Quintessence wrote:- The forfeit penalty currently applies to Tamer battles, not just wild pet encounters. This might change in the future?
I really hope they change this. It totally sucks otherwise as some tamers are just easier with certain starting pet. And if the starting pet should be random (50% chance to get either pet right?), I should participate on some lottery as my record of bad starts comes from Huyna: I needed to start the fight 17 times in row before the snake came out first. True story. >_<
- Taking your candles since 2005