The Weather Channel

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Devoile
Pet Score:12554
Realm:Fenris-us
The Weather Channel

Post by Devoile » December 30th, 2012, 10:48 am

Create a WEATHER channel on your realm. Have all your toons on it and spread the word. It can be used to monitor weather effects. It may not be 100% effective due to cross realm effects, but if youre on an alt, or doing other things, isn't it better to hear someone broadcast a sandstorm in Tanaris, or snow in Storm Peaks than to have no news and no chance at all? Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: The Weather Channel

Post by Duroxas » December 30th, 2012, 11:32 am

This sounds like a pretty boss idea, not gonna lie. Ive been in a couple spots where Ive been alone in a sandstorm and wanted to have a way of tipping people off, but no other collectors that I knew of were around to inform. Though it would increase competition substantially since you'd have all those people -rushing- to get to Jaguero or the peaks or what have you, it's good to at least give people the -chance- to get one.

My server isnt quite populated enough with collectors, but I think others that ARE would really benefit.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Re: The Weather Channel

Post by Mathew013 » December 31st, 2012, 4:34 pm

This sounds like a brilliant idea. There used to be a /bookclub channel, when the achievement "Higher Learning" (and Dalaran) was all the rage. Hopefully, this will help people nab even a poor version of some pet they are missing.