Use twitter to spread the word on weather?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vicegrips
Pet Score:1893
Realm:Perenolde-us
Use twitter to spread the word on weather?

Post by Vicegrips » December 28th, 2012, 8:50 am

I did a quick search of the forums here for "twitter" and didn't find what what I was looking for.

Certain pets only spawn when the weather is right (Silithid Hatchling, Arctic Fox Kit, Baby Ape). Finding out when the weather conditions are right usually means parking an alt in the appropriate location, and periodically logging in to check the weather.

I'm in the Cyclone battlegroup (Azjol-Nerub, Boulderfist, Crushridge, Darkspear, Dunemaul, Perenolde, Stormscale), though like many people, I've got alts on servers in other battlegroups. It sure would be nice to know "it's raining in Jaguero Isle now on the XXX battlegroup".

Could we use twitter to spread the word when the weather is right for certain pets to spawn? It sure would be more convenient than polling with an alt... Your thoughts?

Luckyrabbit1982
Pet Score:7440
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Use twitter to spread the word on weather?

Post by Luckyrabbit1982 » December 28th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Honestly, by the time someone posted and you saw it and logged in, mostly likely the event may be over or the initial pets farmed out. With Silithid Hatching, they are usually gone within a few minutes of the initial spawn phase.

Honestly, I think just parking an alt over the area and checking in randomly works the best. I have managed to get all the weather dependent spawns in rare using such a method and it wasn't too time consuming or difficult. Having them parked there in different battle groups helps too.