My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Quintessence » April 1st, 2012, 5:49 am

Someone found and killed the Darkmoon Rabbit on the beta! (Since it's April First, I'm not entirely sure if this is a joke or not. It seems plausible enough though..? lol)

72 million hp... that's like a raid boss. Meep! :shock:

I have yet to see it for myself, but I'm checking the cave regularly for the spawn!

Some questions about the rabbit for anyone that manages to catch its spawn:
- Can you kill it in a party/raid and will everyone receive the pet? Or will everyone have to roll for the one drop?
- Is the pet a 100% drop? I'm guessing yes, but you never know >_<
- What's the respawn rate like? I know most rarespawns are on a 6-8 hour timer, but some are unique and are significantly longer.

I'm kind of dreading collecting this pet. With only one week for a shot at it, it's a relatively small window to actually find the rarespawn. Plus I'm on a PVP server, and I don't think the cave area of the Darkmoon Island is considered sanctuary. So not only will players be fighting against a raid boss bunny, but they'll be fighting each other for the mob too. On top of limited amount of time, the mob being a rarespawn, and taking into account the possible fighting over the spawn, you'll also have to actually win the roll for the pet once it drops. Unless, of course, if everyone in the party/raid gets a pet from the kill. But Blizzard being Blizzard, I'm sure they'll want to keep this pet "rare".

Ah well, I'm sure there are some out there that will find this type of encounter enjoyable.
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Mortis_darkskull
 
Posts: 61
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score:
Realm: -

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Mortis_darkskull » April 1st, 2012, 6:28 am



if the rabbit behaves anything like this, it will be beyond epic X3

User avatar
Wamo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 112
Joined: August 8th, 2008
Pet Score: 2045
Realm: Moon Guard-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Wamo » April 1st, 2012, 8:14 am

I'm the someone! :P It was a long and grueling process to defeat it, thanks to the 72 million health, and it being a MoP level boss (meaning it's basically lvl 93, so a lot of my attacks kept missing).

If you get too close, it jumps on you and you're basically doomed - it fears you, deals massive damage and you're even effected with a 100% healing reduction debuff. Not pretty!. Luckily, it doesn't attack Hunter pets, so I had my pet tank it while I dpsed away at max range. Took a long, long time, would have taken even longer if a friendly Hunter didn't come to help me. We eventually killed it, and were happy to see the Pet drop.

We weren't able to roll on it, I looted the Rabbit and the pet instantly went into my bags (had auto loot on). It was just like looting a grey/white item. I don't think it dropped more than one pet, because it seemed to despawn fairly quickly.

Will be interesting to see exactly how it turns out on live, perhaps the Holy Hand Grenade that was data mined has something to do with it? :lol:

As for the pet itself, it's currently a copy-paste of the Snowshoe Rabbit, with a couple of differences. It has the buff "Vicious Streak" (more Holy Grail references!), and a blood like effect dripping from it's mouth, similar to the look of the Savagery enchant. It's currently tagged as a Placeholder, so we should see a new look soon!

Not Pink, it's a trick of the light!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Quintessence » April 1st, 2012, 8:21 am

Wamo wrote:I'm the someone! :P It was a long and grueling process to defeat it, thanks to the 72 million health, and it being a MoP level boss (meaning it's basically lvl 93, so a lot of my attacks kept missing).


Thank you for this update, and I can't wait to see the final version of the pet!
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Quintessence » April 2nd, 2012, 4:18 am

Rather than a group/raid boss, here's a good suggestion on how the Darkmoon Rabbit could play out! :D
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Yaafm
 
Posts: 23
Joined: December 24th, 2010
Pet Score: 3669
Realm: Durotan-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Yaafm » April 2nd, 2012, 9:10 am

Sorry but unless he got the achivement with it, Im going to say thats not how its going ot be. I honestly dont know. But im certin it wouldnt require a raid group. Not to mention the achivement from the faire is "Thats rabbits dynamite" to me I think its going to be blown up, just like the orginal monty python one. Probbaly in the vein of the faire it will requiree some skill also.

User avatar
Harval
MVP
 
Posts: 52
Joined: December 26th, 2008
Pet Score: 3111
Realm: Aggramar-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Harval » April 2nd, 2012, 11:14 am

They've implemented raid exclusive pets before (two of them currently) and there are a few dungeon boss drop ones as well. I wouldn't be so sure they won't do it again here, but I do think we haven't seen the full extent of it yet given the additional HHG item datamined and the name of the achievement.

User avatar
Doobjanka
MVP
 
Posts: 464
Joined: September 13th, 2008
Pet Score: 5203
BattleTag®: Doobjank#1625
Realm: Madoran-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Doobjanka » April 2nd, 2012, 11:17 am

I spent a good hour last night wanding him down while my Terrorguard dpsed, and I got bored and just let it kill me. It has to play out like Monty Python!
Image
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

User avatar
Yaafm
 
Posts: 23
Joined: December 24th, 2010
Pet Score: 3669
Realm: Durotan-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Yaafm » April 2nd, 2012, 6:30 pm

Harval wrote:They've implemented raid exclusive pets before (two of them currently) and there are a few dungeon boss drop ones as well. I wouldn't be so sure they won't do it again here, but I do think we haven't seen the full extent of it yet given the additional HHG item datamined and the name of the achievement.


Only 'drops' I can think of are from the BC age...Vampiric Batling for the raid and Phoenix from Magisters Terrace for the dungeon. More recent ones have had requirements but are 100% once fulfilled. Legendary staff for Lil'Tyragosa, and the quest line boss clear for Lashtail Hatchling.

I really hope they keep with the latter method for MoP and we dont have to randomly farm a boss 'X' number of times to drop.

Though again, we still have to see how it will play out once the DMF is fully implemented in beta.

User avatar
Mortis_darkskull
 
Posts: 61
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score:
Realm: -

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Mortis_darkskull » April 2nd, 2012, 6:45 pm

Yaafm wrote:
Harval wrote:They've implemented raid exclusive pets before (two of them currently) and there are a few dungeon boss drop ones as well. I wouldn't be so sure they won't do it again here, but I do think we haven't seen the full extent of it yet given the additional HHG item datamined and the name of the achievement.


Only 'drops' I can think of are from the BC age...Vampiric Batling for the raid and Phoenix from Magisters Terrace for the dungeon. More recent ones have had requirements but are 100% once fulfilled. Legendary staff for Lil'Tyragosa, and the quest line boss clear for Lashtail Hatchling.

I really hope they keep with the latter method for MoP and we dont have to randomly farm a boss 'X' number of times to drop.

Though again, we still have to see how it will play out once the DMF is fully implemented in beta.


there was also a baby raptor introduced in zul'gurub when blizzard introduced baby raptors in the game lol

it dropped from raptor trash mobs.... I was lucky and got 2 shortly before the cataclysm... used the first and gave the second one to a friend :3

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Quintessence » April 2nd, 2012, 11:15 pm

So this whole "pets are immune" to its attacks thing got me thinking: what if the only way to kill it is with the help of your companion(s)? Maybe the encounter requires your minipet to "tank" it while you throw holy hand grenades at it. Then again, you can't heal your vanity pet unless it has the heal ability as one of its usable skills, so maybe not. Well, just an idea. :P
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Lysi
MVP
 
Posts: 408
Joined: January 21st, 2009
Pet Score: 975
Realm: Echo Isles-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Lysi » April 3rd, 2012, 1:41 am

Be vewy, vewy quiet...
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

User avatar
Yaafm
 
Posts: 23
Joined: December 24th, 2010
Pet Score: 3669
Realm: Durotan-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Yaafm » April 3rd, 2012, 5:04 pm

hmm, what about a pet battle boss fight? Like all 3 of our battle pets vs. just him.

User avatar
Gaijin
 
Posts: 36
Joined: December 8th, 2011
Pet Score: 3766
Realm: Goldrinn-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Gaijin » April 3rd, 2012, 6:13 pm

I dont know if is the place to say it, or if I should say that.
But my zoologist side dont allowed me to be quiet.
The post in the news of today says about the new darkmoon rabbit:
"foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent"!
rabbits arent rodentia they belong the Lagomorpha order not the Rodentia, so in fact they aren't rodents.

User avatar
Domie
Top Rater
 
Posts: 245
Joined: April 15th, 2009
Pet Score: 4810
BattleTag®: Domie#2293
Realm: Kazzak-EU

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Domie » April 3rd, 2012, 9:09 pm

Gaijin wrote:I dont know if is the place to say it, or if I should say that.
But my zoologist side dont allowed me to be quiet.
The post in the news of today says about the new darkmoon rabbit:
"foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent"!
rabbits arent rodentia they belong the Lagomorpha order not the Rodentia, so in fact they aren't rodents.


The "rodent", my be an insult, since they are offen animals that common people dont like having around, mostly associated with the rat, and you have to be a giant animal lover not to have somewhat bad feelings towards a rat if you meet one.

User avatar
Lysi
MVP
 
Posts: 408
Joined: January 21st, 2009
Pet Score: 975
Realm: Echo Isles-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Lysi » April 4th, 2012, 2:21 am

I'd guess it's not a joke, because a lot of people really think rabbits are rodents. When the subject came up with my husband, I actually had to dig up a reference, because he didn't believe me when I said bunnies aren't rodents. XD
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

User avatar
Mortis_darkskull
 
Posts: 61
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score:
Realm: -

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Mortis_darkskull » April 4th, 2012, 4:21 am

Lysi wrote:I'd guess it's not a joke, because a lot of people really think rabbits are rodents. When the subject came up with my husband, I actually had to dig up a reference, because he didn't believe me when I said bunnies aren't rodents. XD


not his fault, since rabbits look just like big rats with small, fluffy tails and long ears lol

User avatar
Ronin
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 12th, 2008
Pet Score: 685
Realm: Kazzak-EU

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Ronin » April 4th, 2012, 7:43 am

Me and my friend mostly killed him today. Took us 2 hours and 12 minutes.

At the end when he died, there was a nice surprise,...

Basically when we were killing it later on some alliance joined in and dpsed him, (we had a tag on him).

Yet upon his death loot from him was FFA. Some alliance mage looted it first, and got it, no rolls, nothing. First to loot first to be served. : (

Hope that changes from retail, i guess.
I've got stream recorded, if anyone will want to see.

User avatar
Gaijin
 
Posts: 36
Joined: December 8th, 2011
Pet Score: 3766
Realm: Goldrinn-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Gaijin » April 4th, 2012, 9:09 am

Domie wrote:The "rodent", my be an insult, since they are offen animals that common people dont like having around, mostly associated with the rat, and you have to be a giant animal lover not to have somewhat bad feelings towards a rat if you meet one.


well if i saw a rat in the street I will have bad feelings about him, because i know that it can have a some diseases, but if Iwere in a pet shop or in a friend's house, and see a rat as a pet, I will love them.
I also remember once that was captured in a field that smelled like sweety popcorn, no joke, he use the smell to atract the female (impossible dont like him)

Anyway I am concerned about this pet, I really dont like the idea of need a party to kill it.

A question: the place where the rabbit is found it is in darkmoon island, in other words it will be avaliable only one week every months?

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: MoP Beta - Darkmoon Rabbit

Postby Quintessence » April 4th, 2012, 9:24 am

Ronin wrote:Basically when we were killing it later on some alliance joined in and dpsed him, (we had a tag on him).

Yet upon his death loot from him was FFA. Some alliance mage looted it first, and got it, no rolls, nothing. First to loot first to be served. : (


Hmm, that's pretty interesting. Someone else could loot it despite you having the tag? I hope that's just a bug and Blizzard will change it come release too.

Gaijin wrote:A question: the place where the rabbit is found it is in darkmoon island, in other words it will be avaliable only one week every months?


Yes, it would seem that way. One week per month to try and kill the Darkmoon Rabbit and (hopefully) loot the pet. If it's just a world raid boss, there will be quite a bit of competition for this pet.

I'm not very fond of the idea of it being a first come first served, world raid boss either. :P

My hope is that it will be more of an individual spawn for each person, but the prerequisite is an epic and obscure questline where a specific item is necessary to kill the bunny. We'll just have to wait and see though!
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

Next

Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests