MoP pets and changes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us
MoP pets and changes

Post by Paladiac » March 22nd, 2012, 5:00 pm

I was surprised not to see any threads yet in regards to MoP (or have I completely missed it??).

One of the changes coming is, is that pets you have can be used by all toons. Had anyone been able to find out if this is for ALL pets, or just new pets? I have a number of rarish type pets sitting in my guild bank (I am over 100 pets each on all my alts so far) - and I was going to start learning these pets, once I had one for each alt. Does this matter anymore? If I have a Macaw on my main, will all my toons have access to the Macaw? Or only if I learn Macaw once MoP is released will all toons have access to it?
This is something quite important for me to find out - so I know whether I might as well AH or continue to bank all these pets.

Is there anything special going to happen if you have more than one toon collecting pets? Might there be a FoS (in my case) showing each alt has the 100 pets, as well as my current main 150 pets.

I am watching all the data-mined info I can - and hope to see what new achievements might be arriving with MoP. With approx 100 new 'wild' pets to find and learn - are these 100 all new pets, or will some of them be pre-existing pets? Are we to look forward to a 250 (or higher) pet achievement?

All things as pet collector I am interested to find out - with the first item being most important, as the answer would give me direction as to what I should do with my currently banked pets.

Thanks

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: MoP pets and changes

Post by Jadax » March 22nd, 2012, 5:07 pm

I'm just pretty fixated on waiting for my beta invite, and checking out the new collection mechanisms.

And the talent system.

Not enough new information on the new pets for my liking.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » March 22nd, 2012, 5:14 pm

I didnt really see much info that we didnt get at blizzcon, tho i have to be honest and say i havnt studied the "new" info much.

Anyways, i would be careful with what you read now, because their is still a handful of months till the release, so a lot of it can be changed before the release, so dont do anything drastic before we atleast get a release date :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 23rd, 2012, 10:25 am

So far the account wide pets feature isn't functioning on the beta yet. Trading, selling, renaming, battling and dueling vanity pets isn't working yet either. There are quite a few unknowns, but it's very early in the beta testing.

We'll have to wait and see about more pet achievements and other pet-related stuff.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » March 24th, 2012, 10:35 pm

How kosher is it to discuss datamined stuff on the boards again?

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 24th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Harval wrote:How kosher is it to discuss datamined stuff on the boards again?
What datamined stuff? :o (assuming your talking about this tread)

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » March 25th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Just in general.

New pets that come to exist or not are first saw through datamining. I have always been interested in this field and during Cata's beta I frequently updated findings for new companions in the files, just wondering if there's any sort of necessary hush hush on this board for them (Blizzard doesn't like it much).

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » March 26th, 2012, 7:56 am

I don't see why we'd have any imposed restrictions on discussing datamined information...

Datamined pets are now posted on the main site, for example, and the news often links to information other sites have posted by the same method.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 26th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Harval wrote:Just in general.

New pets that come to exist or not are first saw through datamining. I have always been interested in this field and during Cata's beta I frequently updated findings for new companions in the files, just wondering if there's any sort of necessary hush hush on this board for them (Blizzard doesn't like it much).

Well, doesnt mmo champ post stuff like that all the time? and they are a supported site to my knowledge, so cant see a problem with it, tho i might be wrong with one of those 2 things, or both.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 26th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Harval wrote:How kosher is it to discuss datamined stuff on the boards again?
Feel free to discuss the MoP beta and datamined information. Just remember that this is still the testing phase, so things could change and not everything is set in stone yet. Also, there are still a lot of unknowns at this point so most of what we find is up for speculation - to each their own opinion!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » March 27th, 2012, 7:10 am

I posted loads of info here:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... ?f=3&t=175

and if that isn't enough i have a massive wall of pet battle info here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/110 ... -stats-etc.

it contains a lot more then the title suggests including the pet battle ui images and a wild pets video. Hope that satisfies you till you get in beta ;)

TeeBee
Pet Score:884
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by TeeBee » March 28th, 2012, 8:08 pm

While waiting for more info on what new pets are coming in, is anyone aware of any pets that may become unobtainable as of the release of 5.0? It's been on my mind recently and I'd hate to permanently miss out on any pets from my collection just because I never got around to collecting them prior to MoP release.

I appreciate it's early on in the beta right now and probably no one has any info on this but I was just wondering :)

Cantarella
Top Rater
Pet Score:2998
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Cantarella » April 3rd, 2012, 9:53 am

With pets becoming account wide, I'm wondering if an "alliance pet" (alliance baloon, argent squire, alliance guild herald and page) would be shared with a horde character...

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » April 3rd, 2012, 1:15 pm

TeeBee wrote:While waiting for more info on what new pets are coming in, is anyone aware of any pets that may become unobtainable as of the release of 5.0? It's been on my mind recently and I'd hate to permanently miss out on any pets from my collection just because I never got around to collecting them prior to MoP release.

I appreciate it's early on in the beta right now and probably no one has any info on this but I was just wondering :)
I don't think there will be any pets that will become unobtainable once the expansion is released, at least none come to mind. If anyone has any information or possible ideas on a pet that might be displaced/moved to a new zone or source, please share!
Cantarella wrote:With pets becoming account wide, I'm wondering if an "alliance pet" (alliance baloon, argent squire, alliance guild herald and page) would be shared with a horde character...
At the moment, yes. Alliance toons can access the horde version/equivalent of a pet through the Pet Journal on the beta, and vice versa. Whether or not that's intended, we'll have to wait and see.