New collector with a few questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: New collector with a few questions

Post by Peanutty » December 16th, 2016, 3:55 pm

For Fawn, S/S should be the recommendation as it has the highest possible speed of all the pets with its moveset.

Rapana Whelk, I have H/B. S/S is out, the overall speed is so low that the speed stat is completely wasted. B/B has a tiny little more power but H/B obviously has a little more health. IMO the health gain (65) outweighs the tiny power gain (3 pts of power difference).

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 16th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Peanutty wrote:For Fawn, S/S should be the recommendation as it has the highest possible speed of all the pets with its moveset.

Rapana Whelk, I have H/B. S/S is out, the overall speed is so low that the speed stat is completely wasted. B/B has a tiny little more power but H/B obviously has a little more health. IMO the health gain (65) outweighs the tiny power gain (3 pts of power difference).
Agreed. However, the article on this board about "Breeds for Legion Pets" also suggests a P/P and/or a S/B. I opted to keep the speed and the power one, so I can choose between the 2 when bored with Cymre! (... should be the speed one there, I bet, but haven't tried the power one yet!)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » December 16th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
Peanutty wrote:For Fawn, S/S should be the recommendation as it has the highest possible speed of all the pets with its moveset.

Agreed. However, the article on this board about "Breeds for Legion Pets" also suggests a P/P and/or a S/B. I opted to keep the speed and the power one, so I can choose between the 2 when bored with Cymre! (... should be the speed one there, I bet, but haven't tried the power one yet!)
There is no P/P Fawn or Rapana Whelk??

My breed suggestions are just my own opinion, obviously others may have a different take on it. I will say I don't really use either pet for anything though (not that that should stop someone from being choosy on breed!)

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 17th, 2016, 6:03 am

Soleric wrote:I only get like 46xp for my pet tho... guess the real reward is the currency?
Yeah, the xp for the daily garrison fights was horribly nerfed at some time. Now the only one worth doing for xp is Squirt, the girl with the Diablo pets.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 17th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Graven wrote:
Soleric wrote:I only get like 46xp for my pet tho... guess the real reward is the currency?
Yeah, the xp for the daily garrison fights was horribly nerfed at some time. Now the only one worth doing for xp is Squirt, the girl with the Diablo pets.

Yes it was nerfed in wod because up till the prepatch for legion one could do the garrison pet dailies over and over as long as one had Alts to do it with. So the nerf of xp was understandable but they made it with the prepatch for legion that one could only do the garrison pet battle once a day. They were trying to slow down people hording pet charms for legion since a lot of new pets were purchasable with the charms in legion. Which was fine but they should have unnerfed the xp from them since it is now doable only once per day. Typical blizz though half assing something

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 17th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Digem wrote:Yes it was nerfed in wod because up till the prepatch for legion one could do the garrison pet dailies over and over as long as one had Alts to do it with. So the nerf of xp was understandable but they made it with the prepatch for legion that one could only do the garrison pet battle once a day. They were trying to slow down people hording pet charms for legion since a lot of new pets were purchasable with the charms in legion. Which was fine but they should have unnerfed the xp from them since it is now doable only once per day. Typical blizz though half assing something
The nerf had nothing to do with the quest being account-wide or not.
You've always been able to battle the menagerie pets as many times as you like, whether you had quest or not, so people were focused on levelling the pets (and characters) that way. The XP value was lowered before the Legion news and at the moment the Pet Charms were deemed slightly 'meh' rather than sought after, so I wouldn't attribute anything to that reward anyway.

If something is unclear in the approach, it's rather the Hallow's End crate, but that's another story.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 19th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Uduwudu wrote:

There is no P/P Fawn or Rapana Whelk??

Not sure we even try to use a Rapana Whelk with Cymre, Peanutty. P/P or S/B were the suggestions for the Fawn's, for which my comment was made!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 19th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Peanutty wrote:There is no P/P Fawn or Rapana Whelk??
There is no P/P [pet]Fawn[/pet], but there is a P/P [pet]Gleamhoof Fawn[/pet], introduced in Legion, with the same moveset. It was one of my surprising stars for Family Familiar, since its type change and team heal were just the thing for use against Beast attacks. IMO, the P/P suits that moveset better than the S/S, since there is no move like a stun or a dodge that specifically benefits from going first. However, I do already have the 341 speed S/S [pet]Fawn[/pet] in my roster.

I think the "P/P Rapana Whelk" stems from some careless phrasing of mine, where I said "I recommend spending a couple of hours in the Briny Muck in Dread Wastes, Pandaria, where you can pick up a P/P Emperor Crab and a Rapana Whelk,". I do agree that the best available breed of snail is H/P, and that is available only from [pet]Shimmershell Snail[/pet] and [pet]Mudshell Conch[/pet]. You can pick up the Mudshell at high level, so that might be an easier option for a beginner.
Paladance wrote:Too little space and no time for a postcard, that's why there comes a link:
http://pastebin.com/raw/9CC0AWdv :)
Nice! :)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » December 19th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Uduwudu wrote:P/P or S/B were the suggestions for the Fawn's
There is no P/P Fawn. I phrased it as a question because I have not seen anyone claim to have found a P/P. If [pet]Fawn[/pet]'s profile on this site is incorrect and there is a P/P, then that information needs to be corrected if that breed has somehow been missed.

Gleamhoof Fawn is NOT Fawn and the OP asked for recommendations for Fawn. I stand by my S/S recommendation for Fawn (I have a P/P Gleamhoof Fawn) but I personally haven't used either pet beyond leveling them.