Vendor pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Vendor pets

Post by Solitha » December 14th, 2012, 4:12 am

I noticed as I was pruning duplicates in my pet journal that I have two Great Horned Owls, uncommons, a 7 and a 3. The Battle Stats for the pet indicate there may be rares, as well as an uncommon 6. Do you have to just keep buying/learning/releasing until you get optimal pets from vendors or what?

Solitha

Re: Vendor pets

Post by Solitha » December 14th, 2012, 5:44 am

Maybe has to do with the battlestones?

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » December 14th, 2012, 11:48 am

My vendor pets all seem to be in the same quality. Depending on the pet, some only come in green, some only come in blue. There is no point continuing to buy pets.

Eviver
Pet Score:5244
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Eviver » December 14th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Vendor pets shouldn't change quality From what i know the only pets that changed quality were The JC pets but it was changed in 5.1 to be always green when they added battlestones.

But Breed on the other hand seems random so if you want a certain breed you will have to keep buying till you get what you want and cage and AH the others. I think the only vendor pet thats worths worth breed hunting for would be the breed 4 Yellow Moth as it is the only way to get a moth of that breed.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 14th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Eviver wrote:But Breed on the other hand seems random so if you want a certain breed you will have to keep buying till you get what you want and cage and AH the others. I think the only vendor pet thats worths worth breed hunting for would be the breed 4 Yellow Moth as it is the only way to get a moth of that breed.
And even then, check your AH's battle pets first, since most people don't pay attention to breeds and you could save yourself time and possibly even money. (And addon like Battle Pet Breed ID linked to here on site under Tools helps with this.)
Image Image

Solitha

Post by Solitha » December 14th, 2012, 9:28 pm

So I guess the suggestion of Rare quality is just from the ability to use battlestones on these pets to upgrade them?

Thanks on the suggestion of the breed ID addon, I had overlooked it... that will help me tons!