Those that have reached Prestige Rank 1

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us
Those that have reached Prestige Rank 1

Post by Beastlyserenity » October 13th, 2016, 10:35 am

For those that have reached Prestige Rank 1 or Honor Rank 50, can you guys explain a bit to me about how it works regarding choosing the pet? I'm about to hit Prestige rank 1.

However, I heard that you either hit Prestige Rank 1 or choose to stay as Honor Rank 50.
I want to hit Prestige for the Artifact skins first. But I also want the pet. Is there a way I can get the pet and the prestige rank also? I hope I don't have to rank all the way up to 50 again for the pet.

Bloodhound
Pet Score:10904
BattleTag®:bloodinski#2120
Realm:Darkspear-eu

Re: Those that have reached Prestige Rank 1

Post by Bloodhound » October 13th, 2016, 12:17 pm

For every honor level there is some reward: new talent, artifact power, gold.
Level 50 rewards chest with faction pet inside.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 13th, 2016, 12:19 pm

You get the pet first, then you have to rank back up to 50 again to get the artifact appearance.

You might as well just keep going because they will be adding more levels and rewards, including new pets, with each new pvp season. I will only stop if I reach the maximum during a season.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » October 13th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Killerkarl wrote:You get the pet first, then you have to rank back up to 50 again to get the artifact appearance.

You might as well just keep going because they will be adding more levels and rewards, including new pets, with each new pvp season. I will only stop if I reach the maximum during a season.
This is the thing that may well kill Pet collecting for me. I am happy to do stuff in game and am currently (slowly) progressing the two chars needed to get the PVP pets BUT to have to keep going season after season is not something I am prepared to do. :(

Peterc

Beastlyserenity

Post by Beastlyserenity » October 13th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Peterc wrote:
This is the thing that may well kill Pet collecting for me. I am happy to do stuff in game and am currently (slowly) progressing the two chars needed to get the PVP pets BUT to have to keep going season after season is not something I am prepared to do. :(

Peterc
I don't know about you, but I enjoy questing. Even PVP world questing to me it feels pretty easy going compared to say arena or bg pvp. Heck even BG pvp is relaxing compared to Mythics. Mythic + 5 mans done with pick up groups is some of the worse stuff I've experienced in this game. Compared to that these pvp quests are easy stuff.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » October 14th, 2016, 5:39 am

I enjoy playing the game and am happy to do stuff that takes time where the reward is something I want.

I do not yet have the pet pvp reward pet as I do not pet pvp BUT as it is the reward for winning 250 it is something that I feel is within my reach and I will therefore probably end up doing it. However if it was the reward for winning 5000 pet pvp battles it would be out of my reach.

Therefore a reward for Prestige rank 1 is achievable by anyone but much higher levels would take a commitment beyond what I consider reasonable.

If pets are to be rewarded for high level involvement how about rewarding pets for;
- Having a max level character of each race
- Having a max level character of each class
and I am sure there are many more examples and while I will achieve both these I would argue strongly against them having pets as rewards.

Peterc

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » October 15th, 2016, 6:37 am

The ironic thing with this situation is that most pvper seem not to care at all about the pet while many pet collector are despairing over it and more so at the idea that there may be new pets at higher prestige levels.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » October 16th, 2016, 3:50 am

Anyway plugging away at getting pets - level 34 on my alliance and level 21 on hoard at the moment.

I am basically doing the PVP World dallies each day (excluding the pure PVP ones by doing the free for all's where there is also PVE content.

Peterc

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » October 17th, 2016, 1:46 pm

How long does it take to get prestige 50 and thus get the pet? Measured in either time/bgs/method/something?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 17th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:How long does it take to get prestige 50 and thus get the pet? Measured in either time/bgs/method/something?
If you're only doing the PVP World Quests:
  • 50k Honor to Prestige each time
  • PVP World Quests reward 300 Honor each (this might change in 7.1, on PTR I saw 150 - may not be set in stone)
  • PVP World Quests are on a 24 hour CD (that is, 4 new ones pop up once a day).
Prestige 1 for the pet -
  • 50,000/300 Honor = ~167 WQs needed
    167/4 WQs each day = ~42 days
Prestige to max (level 5) -
  • ~208 to ~210 days needed
If you add in BGs and arena matches and other misc PVP encounters, it will obviously change things.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 17th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Quintessence wrote:If you're only doing the PVP World Quests:
  • 50k Honor to Prestige each time
  • PVP World Quests reward 300 Honor each (this might change in 7.1, on PTR I saw 150 - may not be set in stone)
  • PVP World Quests are on a 24 hour CD (that is, 4 new ones pop up once a day).
Not entirely correct. Each day there's 3 PvP WQs with a 24 hr CD. Those are fairly easy and only require killing NPCs in a tower. There's a rotating 4th PvP WQ that has a 5 hr CD, which I believe awards slightly more honor (500? I admit I didn't keep track) but with more risk - they flag you hostile to anyone outside your party which means you can (and will) be attacked by players of either faction.

I strictly did PvP WQs, including 2 of the rotating ones (Bareback Brawl and Operation Murloc Freedom(?)) and recently hit prestige 1 on my main. Still doing the PvP WQs in anticipation of the next pet, plus I'm still rep grinding.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 17th, 2016, 10:05 pm

I believe the rotating WQ are 6 hour CD with 500 honor reward. Also I think Blackrook Arena and Darkbrul Arena are also on the rotation.

3 x 300 = 900
4 x 500 = 2000

50000/2900 = 17.24

So you'll get it sometime the 18th day.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 20th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Just curious, where has Blizzard stated that there will be future pets as higher prestige awards?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 20th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Darkchyld wrote:Just curious, where has Blizzard stated that there will be future pets as higher prestige awards?
They haven't stated it officially. However there are 2 new pets listed in the journal on the PTR, both from "PVP Prestige" (same as [pet]Alliance Enthusiast[/pet] and [pet]Horde Fanatic[/pet]). Dutiful Squire and Dutiful Gruntling are the new ones.

Unless they're mislabeled or they will be awarded some other way related to PVP, we can only guess that they will be rewarded in the same fashion as the two current PVP pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Beastlyserenity

Post by Beastlyserenity » October 21st, 2016, 10:10 pm

I recently got the Alliance Enthusiast pet. I love it, for sure one of my favorite pets. It was totally worth it.
Took me about 3 weeks 1/2 of pvp world quests I'd say. But also I didn't prestige. I'm waiting for 7.0 so I can prestige and keep my honor talents then. As the honor talents are totally worth keeping if one plans to continue grinding pvp for the other mounts and artifact skins : )