Lumpy droprate, GL all

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu
Re: Lumpy droprate, GL all

Post by Maliander » January 3rd, 2013, 8:19 am

It was a very long trip to and from Ironforge
Doesn't the [link eaten by forum]Ancient Portal: Dalaran[/link] get you very close? If you can find a willing mage to cast both Feather Fall and a portal for each of your active toons, that should speed things up considerably.

Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Xandrolar » January 3rd, 2013, 9:20 am

Did the daily every day on my 3 eligible characters, last daily before holiday ended he finally dropped (after 6 rocket bots and untold of useless items)

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 4th, 2013, 3:43 am

Maliander wrote:
Doesn't the [link eaten by forum]Ancient Portal: Dalaran[/link] get you very close? If you can find a willing mage to cast both Feather Fall and a portal for each of your active toons, that should speed things up considerably.
I've never heard of this before now (I've never been able to get a mage higher than level 20). I'm way too self reliant to ever pay for a portal anywhere though. That's also why I have all my alts, I do all my own profession work.

Briqitta
Top Rater
Pet Score:4244
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Briqitta » January 4th, 2013, 10:43 am

Maliander wrote:
Having only just found this message, I can confirm that Ancient Portal: Dalaran will drop you (literally) into the crater where Dalaran used to be in Hillsbrad.

As any level mage that can finish Scarlet Halls (32+ usually; it's also available in Heroic) after killing the last boss in the library on one wall there's a book, Ancient Teleport: Dalaran that can only be looted by mages.

After learning that book at level 90, the mage becomes eligible to buy Ancient Portal: Dalaran from the book seller in Dalaran for 150 gold. (It's a single supply item on a several hour respawn.)

Here's an interesting tidbit: If you are on a flying mount when you enter the Portal, you will also be flying when you zone into Hillsbrad.
Otherwise, you appear ~300 feet in the air and fall to the bottom of the hole where Dalaran used to be (pre-WLK.)

More on topic, out of 187 runs (10 toons almost every day; missed 1 on a random day and 2 the last day as the event expired) I got 7 Lumpy. Gifted two, saving the rest.

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 4th, 2013, 11:52 am

I am yet to see a lumpy for sale on the ah on either faction's on my server!

Anyone know if there are any other pets with similar models such as Frigid and Lumpy? I love the way they look! lol