Legion Collection Strategy? *TIPS FOR YOUR COLLECTION

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Legion Collection Strategy?

Post by Quintessence » August 28th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I'd say aim for pets that interest you first. Or if you're a battler, ones that seem like they would fit well in a strategy/team.

As for pets that will be harder to obtain... "harder" is somewhat subjective and really depends on what you consider difficult. Pets that take longer to collect? Pets that are not a guaranteed drop? Pets that come from achievements? etc.

Here are a few wild pets that are on the rarer side:
  • Fledgling Kingfeather (Azsuna) - Shares spawn points with Fledgling Oliveback and has lower spawn chance.
  • Stormstruck Beaver (Stormheim) - Shares spawn points with Bucktooth Flappers and has lower spawn chance.
  • Dust Bunny (Dalaran) - Requires Spring Cleaning buff from interactable rug. Unknown respawn time on rug, and rug has multiple spawn locations.
Personally, my collecting strategy will be to collect the rarer wild pets ASAP, pick up other wild ones as I level, and then... well, my plans aren't exactly concrete after that haha.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 29th, 2016, 12:57 am

Quintessence wrote:
  • Fledgling Kingfeather (Azsuna) - Shares spawn points with Fledgling Oliveback and has lower spawn chance.
  • Stormstruck Beaver (Stormheim) - Shares spawn points with Bucktooth Flappers and has lower spawn chance.
  • Dust Bunny (Dalaran) - Requires Spring Cleaning buff from interactable rug. Unknown respawn time on rug, and rug has multiple spawn locations.
Excellent pointers, thanks!

I am completely disorganised.

I did have a mental note to do Zoom http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10626/zoom on the way through, and of course never to miss a Pet Battle Quest on any character until I had my Pocket Pet Portal, but otherwise I was just going to grab one of whatever I saw, and sort out breeds later, once we have a full list.

I will now make a point of checking out Aszuna and Stormheim. :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 29th, 2016, 1:34 am

While I don't plan on beelining for any particular zone for pets, I will be battling along the way and will be keeping an eye out for the two rarer wild spawns. It worked out really well in WoD so I'm hoping to repeat that here.

I'll be pushing to get to the Mad Merchant as soon as possible as well, since I know he spawns on a long timer.

My alts, I imagine, will be back on the pet-battling-for-levels train. That kills 2 birds with 1 stone, leveling both the toons and the pets.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » August 29th, 2016, 11:06 am

My alts, I imagine, will be back on the pet-battling-for-levels train. That kills 2 birds with 1 stone, leveling both the toons and the pets.
^-- This is about my only "plan" at this point.
I will be leveling. exploring, etc for a while and grabbing things as I see them. I expect a rush early on, then for things to calm down as the xpac ages and it will give me something to do ;)

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » August 29th, 2016, 3:07 pm

The only thing I am going out of my way to get as I level is getting all the treasures in the zones as I go. Will have Handynotes running so I will not miss any. I will have plenty of time to go back and pick up any pets that I miss.

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » August 29th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Quintessence wrote:[*]Dust Bunny (Dalaran) - Requires Spring Cleaning buff from interactable rug. Unknown respawn time on rug, and rug has multiple spawn locations.
The only referral to its location I've been able to find is the barbershop. Where else does this fellow spawn?

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 29th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Hi,

At this point, I doubt any of us has any serious idea.

I always consider the usefulness and utility of things in general. One of the great disappointment in the Pet Battles, is how limited Critters are against the Elite pets in various places. There is a certain lack of balance in the Pet Classes that are ridiculous, and bizarre. I still can not fathom a Nexus Whelpling, as opposed to most Critters ... in a myriad of fights!

If the new expansion, becomes another ... collect 300 garbage pets ... simply for the numbers ... then you and I are just grunts in a game that is not capable of gibing us a satisfying experience, except in a bunch of meaningless "achievements" to make you feel better in the game.

Originally, I went after the pets that were a must have. Now that it has been achieved, and the Celestial Tournament is not worth its sadistic crap design, with cheap rewards in the end (listen to the Firesign Theater thing about the door's game!), for pets that probably 95% of us don't have and can't use!

I still have not decided. But I'm not sure I'm interested in adding 75 more "critters" to my listing, and they are worthless in daily fights! This makes me frustrated. All classes and abilities need to have their worthiness, and some of these classes are worse off than the 3rd and 4th worlds out there! No chance!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 30th, 2016, 1:11 am

Kurasu wrote:
Quintessence wrote:[*]Dust Bunny (Dalaran) - Requires Spring Cleaning buff from interactable rug. Unknown respawn time on rug, and rug has multiple spawn locations.
The only referral to its location I've been able to find is the barbershop. Where else does this fellow spawn?
Breanni's shop and the area above the Inn in Dalaran (Broken Isles) - two other spawn locations that I've found. There could be more, but I never figured out the respawn timer. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » August 30th, 2016, 5:11 am

Quintessence wrote:Breanni's shop and the area above the Inn in Dalaran (Broken Isles) - two other spawn locations that I've found. There could be more, but I never figured out the respawn timer. >_<
Thanks. I spent over an hour last night camping the barbershop and it never showed up. I'd been desperate for this to be my first acquisition (other than the ones I've been saving marks for) but after it didn't show, I figured I had to be missing it. :( This would explain it. Damn.

Which inn, by the way? Ledgerdemain Lounge or A Hero's Welcome?

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » August 30th, 2016, 8:40 am

Actually, I'll split off my question. :P

My own plans are what they usually are: pet battling obsessively until I get tired of it, and then moving into actual leveling and questing. That might take a while; I'm a natural explorer and I usually end up exploring most of the zones before I actually start questing in them. I'm usually 3 to 5 levels deep before I even *start* with quests in the new zone (other than the ones to open up the areas to explore).

I *was* planning to camp for a Dust Bunny until I got it, then go exploring, but for now I ran out of fuel on that and as such am going about my usual habit of 'world exploration and killing all green paws'.

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » August 30th, 2016, 6:24 pm

I got dust bunny very easily at about 1:30am Pacific as soon as I got to Dalaran. Captured right outside barbershop. By the time I quested my main an hour or two into Azsuna, I walked up the mountain and got the Fkedgling Kingfeather on my second pass (killing all the yellow critters it shares spawn with).

I have spent 4-5 hours combing Stormheim on alt and can't find any sign of the Stormstruck Beaver. Beyond that, I have not found a single Bucktooth Flapper, either critter or wild pet, save one that joined a battle against a wild Rose Taipan as a secondary. The pet journal lists Bucktooth Flapper as spawning ONLY in Jade Forest, not in Stormheim, so I'm not sure what to think. I've uncovered the entire zone map (minus the exploration ding, so there must be some tiny corner somewhere).

Anyone else capture the Beaver yet?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 30th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Ugh, I told myself not to do it, but I had to...

I camped the Dust Bunny rug for over 2 hours last night and this morning. Finally gave up (as I watched everyone else's levels getting higher and higher) and started questing. After getting my artifact started I was running through Dalaran yet again, looking for profession trainers, and a twinkle in the barbershop caught my eye. Dust Bunny rug!

I spent every last second battling bunnies (started the last battle with 6 seconds on my buff) and got one of each breed for consideration later on.

Throatslit
MVP
Pet Score:13129
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Throatslit » August 31st, 2016, 5:53 am

On Alpha I found the rug:
- in the Barber's shop (just got mine there tonight on live!)
- top floor of the Legerdemain Inn - opposite the Barber
- back of the PvP area, Greyfang Enclave

So there are a few areas. Look for a round blue and yellow rug with an interactive cog.
No Rares for me, but mostly s/s and a P/S

Helly
Top Rater
Pet Score:4926
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Helly » August 31st, 2016, 9:07 am

My husband made the mistake of telling me about a pet he came across on the beta whilst leveling - [pet]Emmigosa[/pet]! Instantly, that was where I went first. As the parents of a very bright and feisty 5 year old with a name very similar to said pet automatically means we both need it. And he doesn't do pet stuff ;) Im now leveling my main through the various areas whilst collecting pets from quests and rares, and working towards Loremaster (as I usually do with new areas).

Phaedra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7117
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Phaedra » August 31st, 2016, 10:11 am

I've been pet battling and fighting rares/exploring as I go. I had saved up enough charms to immediately buy the new pets there. Tonight I might start farming for the rep needed for the Sting Ray Pup pet because I love sea flap-flaps. Also, I love fishing.

I also got my Shaman alt settled into her Class Hall to get Snowfang. Eventually, I'll level her up since she's my Alchemist. I'm also planning on getting my DH and Warlock up to 105 for the chance at that pet.

I might take Quintessence's advice and go after the rare spawn pets next, since it might be easier to snag them now.