Invasions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: Invasions

Post by Gráinne » August 22nd, 2016, 9:22 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/item=97919/whole-body-shrinka

last I looked a couple of days ago, any Horde character who had not done the scenario could see and interact with the vendor
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=113615/ravika

While you're there, pick up your other toys and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes, if you missed them in 5.3

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » August 22nd, 2016, 9:42 pm

Gráinne wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/item=97919/whole-body-shrinka

last I looked a couple of days ago, any Horde character who had not done the scenario could see and interact with the vendor

While you're there, pick up your other toys and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes, if you missed them in 5.3
Thank god ive got a 100 horde DK for the double agent achieve!

Just checked his quest log and The Legion Returns is sitting incomplet under the Durotar section. Taking him to Org right now to check out that npc.

Thank you very much :D

Edit: Got all 4 items, 3 toys and the troll shoes. Also simply talking to that npc in that area seems to have put an org poral tone in my bags even though ive done nothing else quest related. Nice bonus lol. Thanks so much for leading me to the lost parts of my collections!

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 22nd, 2016, 10:57 pm

Glad you got your shopping! The Org Portal stone comes with the quest - to get you to Org quickly for the Broken Shore scenario.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » August 22nd, 2016, 11:41 pm

I believe ill hold off on that scenario for a bit while I make use of the stone for travelling and invasion farming!

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 23rd, 2016, 9:15 am

do you need to be 100 ?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » August 23rd, 2016, 9:24 am

GrosBonda wrote:do you need to be 100 ?
Its not far outside Org at all, Probably worth it to launch the link to the wowhead page with an expandable map of her location and ride/run to it and see!

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » August 23rd, 2016, 10:05 am

Logansfury wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:do you need to be 100 ?
Its not far outside Org at all, Probably worth it to launch the link to the wowhead page with an expandable map of her location and ride/run to it and see!
get there and cannot found the NPC
so i guess you must be 100 and at least get the initial quest for broken shore.... (just guess here, willbe 100 later today most probably)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » August 23rd, 2016, 11:09 am

GrosBonda wrote:get there and cannot found the NPC
so i guess you must be 100 and at least get the initial quest for broken shore.... (just guess here, willbe 100 later today most probably)
You probably already know this, but the invasions are giving phenomenal experience. If you are doing quests or dungeons, Id advise to stop, and start doing the invasions exclusively for xp while they last.

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » August 23rd, 2016, 11:52 am

Logansfury wrote:
You probably already know this, but the invasions are giving phenomenal experience. If you are doing quests or dungeons, Id advise to stop, and start doing the invasions exclusively for xp while they last.
Yeah that's what i did.

So update, you need to be 98 and get the quest for legion who pop-up.
then Ravika show up and all the other NPC...

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 23rd, 2016, 1:37 pm

4 days ago, I had a level 1 who could buy from Ravika.

Today, I just want back, and that same level 1 is not in the same phase as Ravika any more.

So to be sure of catching the toys and invisible shoes before they disappear again, I suppose you need a Horde 98+ who hasn't done the invasions.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » August 23rd, 2016, 9:48 pm

Gráinne wrote:4 days ago, I had a level 1 who could buy from Ravika.

Today, I just want back, and that same level 1 is not in the same phase as Ravika any more.

So to be sure of catching the toys and invisible shoes before they disappear again, I suppose you need a Horde 98+ who hasn't done the invasions.
Sounds like a weird and depressing hotfix :(

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » August 24th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Logansfury wrote:
Yes - its unbelievable - it took 2 invasions yesterday to level my just dinged 98 hunter to 100 with rested XP. My DK took a bit longer from just dinged 97 to 100 - and that's because rested XP ran out during level 99 - i think it took 5 or 6 invasions.... One of the elites gave 90 000XP plus with rested XP :shock: Of course it goes without saying that you have to actively participate to get that type of XP - those guys flying in the air get the stage 2 and 4 XP plus the boxes.

The invasions are every two hours - so they are back to back.

The only issue I had, and only as Alliance, was the bug with the boat from SW to Kalimdor - it never arrives. You need to fly to Booty Bay - last night the boat to Ratchet was PACKED. In all my 9+ years of playing have never seen it that crowded :lol:

Regarding the toys - these are only available to Horde players - I play both sides so no issue there :D. There is an Alliance only transmog [you can sell the locket on AH as its not BOP Charred Locket] - you need to pick it up during the Broken Shore scenario during stage 6, and turn it in to get Alaina's Bonnet, plus the guy on the dock sells a shirt Lucky Shirt which is currently common, but it was uncommon - seems to flip flop, only available prior to the scenario.

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » August 24th, 2016, 7:55 pm

No, its a toy sold by an npc near the docks in orig, not sure for ally. But IMHO, its the coolest toy in the game. You don't need shards, just a few gold. Whole body shrinka.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 25th, 2016, 12:10 am

GrosBonda wrote:

do you need to be 100 ?
You need to have the Broken Shores quest, so I guess that you need to be 98+

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » August 25th, 2016, 12:30 am

FuxieDK wrote:You need to have the Broken Shores quest, so I guess that you need to be 98+
That makes perfect sence

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 25th, 2016, 1:37 am

The grind is real. I've already stopped counting Felbat Pups, yet I still join invasions because I want to get all weapons.
Even though I don't want to exp all my characters because I like to play them when I'm outta gametime (I know, Bersten Slathz, but it's sometimes bugged).
Even though I have to choose an exotic loot spec…

My neighbour wondered why he can't get a bow on his hunter. I kept thinking it was a bad RNG until he told me he was given a spear. Yes, he still had Survi loot spec.

Thanks @jjanchan from Wowhead for a weapon list:

For an Agility Dagger -- Wyrmtongue Spiteblade -- you need an Assassination/Subtlety Rogue LS
For a 1H Intellect Sword -- Eredar Battle Blade -- you need any Mage, any Warlock, Holy Paladin or Mistweaver Monk LS
For a 1H Strength Axe -- Fel Hacker -- you need a Frost Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Protection Warrior LS
For a 1H Agility Axe -- Eredar Splitter -- you need any Demon Hunter, Windwalker Monk, Outlaw Rogue or Enhancement Shaman LS
For an Agility polearm -- Fel Barbed Spear -- you need a Brewmaster Monk, Survival Hunter or Feral/Guardian Druid LS
For a 2H Strength Mace -- Fel Lord's Warmace -- you need a Blood/Unholy Death Knight, Retribution Paladin or Arms/Fury Warrior LS
For a 1H Intellect Mace -- Corrupted Argus Gavel -- you need any Priest, Holy Paladin, Restoration/Balance Druid, Restoration/Elemental Shaman or Mistweaver Monk LS
For a Bow -- Hellfury Longbow -- you need a Beast Mastery/Marksmanship Hunter LS
For a Wand -- Inquisitors Wand -- you need any Mage, Priest or Warlock LS
A Warglaive -- Glaive of the Fallen -- can drop on a Demon Hunter obviously but is also available from the Nethershard vendor.

Also: A silly bug or something -- when a frame with zone-wide NPC text pops up, characters tend to go out of stealth.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » August 25th, 2016, 6:01 pm

Paladance wrote: For a 1H Strength Axe -- Fel Hacker -- you need a Frost Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Protection Warrior LS
This dropped for me as a Blood DK....

Ken68m
Pet Score:9640
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Ken68m » August 26th, 2016, 1:15 am

Paladance wrote: And some think they are AH sharks selling them for 5k right now. So much impatience, seriously!
Wait several months, until the supply expires completely, and observe.
I know I am happy because I didn't waste any time farming the toy and bought it for 5k.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 26th, 2016, 1:42 am

Africanleopard wrote:
Paladance wrote: For a 1H Strength Axe -- Fel Hacker -- you need a Frost Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Protection Warrior LS
This dropped for me as a Blood DK....
Old loot spec? You'd think it doesn't happen but with the changes to the spec UI something would go out of the way.
Ken68m wrote:I know I am happy because I didn't waste any time farming the toy and bought it for 5k.
It was below 3k here one day, now it's rising again… Was considering buying several of these anyway for the future, but I'm constantly below the safe window of 80k. :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507