A pet per class in Legion?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
A pet per class in Legion?

Post by Gráinne » June 8th, 2016, 10:40 pm

EDIT: See Quintessence's clarification below. Only a few pets will come from Order Halls.

I am speculating wildly here, and information can change, and all that.

So Snowfang is earned only in the Shaman Class Garrison, and is not Cageable
http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/legion ... tery-pets/
http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=114063/snowfang

From Wowhead comments
Current known pets:
Shaman Order Hall: The Maelstrom = Snowfang
Druid Order Hall: The Dreamgrove = Broot (You are here.)
Warlock/ Demon Hunter Order Halls: Dreadscar Rift, The Fel Hammer = Hateful Eye
What do you think of the idea of a pet you can earn only with a maxed character of a specific class?

Are dedicated collectors willing to level every class?
Last edited by Gráinne on June 9th, 2016, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: A pet per class in Legion?

Post by Quintessence » June 8th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Add Nightmare Lasher (Druid Order Hall) to the list.

Personally, I don't mind class-specific pets but it would be better if they were cageable.

I wrote a lengthier post on this topic on the Bnet Pet Battle forums (downvoted so obviously some don't agree *shrug*).

But TLDR; Not everyone has time or wants to level alts, and those that have zero interest in pets are losing out on the potential profit/reward for leveling additional toons.

Making these pets cageable would address these issues PLUS is more rewarding overall, instead of being rewarding for just the few and punishing for the rest.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 9th, 2016, 12:56 am

Gráinne wrote:I am speculating wildly here, and information can change, and all that.

From Wowhead comments
Current known pets:
Shaman Order Hall: The Maelstrom = Snowfang
Druid Order Hall: The Dreamgrove = Broot (You are here.)
Warlock/ Demon Hunter Order Halls: Dreadscar Rift, The Fel Hammer = Hateful Eye
What do you think of the idea of a pet you can earn only with a maxed character of a specific class?

Are dedicated collectors willing to level every class?
Like Fran I wouldn't be impacted as already have toons of every class (no life, but whole lotta toons). Otherwise might be a bit peeved at this idea.

Strategically makes sense for Blizzard, if you gotta-catch-e'm-all, means gotta level bunch of characters, which takes time, which means keeping that monthly subscription up.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » June 9th, 2016, 3:27 am

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but the only reason I see to be peeved about this is if one particular class pet is totally OP and is almost a necessitiy. Otherwise, as an example, I don't have a max level monk and I don't currently have a *insert name of monk pet* now - when Legion drops, I will be in exactly the same situation.

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » June 9th, 2016, 4:10 am

This sounds absolutely frustrating. I used to play a lot of alts, but since the classes got streamlined and there's very little overall differences between them, I haven't found myself interested in playing alts so much. I mean, I have a bunch still, but I barely play them past getting them to max level (and getting a few extra menagerie dailies in garrisons this xpac was good, hexweave bags with my tailor... but otherwise...). And then there's some classes I just don't care for. Will be disappointed if this ends up being the case on live.
Last edited by Mezcaal on June 9th, 2016, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » June 9th, 2016, 4:40 am

Oh lord. 13 other pets to add to my "not collecting" filter then! :lol:

#OneToonOnlyToon

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 9th, 2016, 4:53 am

Some clarification on the Legion Order Hall pets:
"Not every class has a pet associated, nor do they generally require full OH progression."
- Developer Jeremy Feasel

Current list of class pets:
  • Broot - The Dreamgrove (Druid)
  • Hateful Eye - Dreadscar Rift (Warlock) and The Fel Hammer (Demon Hunter)
  • Nightmare Lasher - The Dreamgrove (Druid)
  • Snowfang - The Maelstrom (Shaman)
"I believe this is the full list at present."
- Developer Jeremy Feasel
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » June 9th, 2016, 6:49 am

I like the idea, and anything else which involves pet collecting in game (like the one million gold pet). Particularly if it takes some real effort to get the reward (like the Celestial Tournament). Having an extra reason to level alts is Ok with me.

Clearly if you 'want to catch them all' then you do whatever it takes, otherwise you ignore pets which fall outside your play stile. For me I will not pay real life money for a pet and currently do not pet PVP so those pets are not collectable.

Off topic slightly but I was disappointed they canned the idea of epic pet upgrade (I would have introduced it gradually and could have been cosmetic initially) and pet breading would be brilliant. Both these would involve the commitment of in game effort to obtain/upgrade pets.

Got to collect them all the one you decide to collect :)

Peterc

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 9th, 2016, 7:04 am

Quintessence wrote:I wrote a lengthier post on this topic on the Bnet Pet Battle forums (downvoted so obviously some don't agree *shrug*).
Not downvoted anymore, but still, what an ingratitude! They have no respect to the elders! :roll:
<insert some generic doomsaying>

Myself, I don't want to play characters I'm not attached to.
Period. Caput. Kappa. Omega. Whether it would be about pets, transmogs, etc., they are characters, not deliverers, okay?

Yup, I've created some toons for a particular goal. But I've always already had an additional meaning for them.
Remte attempts to heal people after duels. A DK is the head of another realm. Another guy… okay, he's mainly for playing without sub, but I had a choice which properties he'd have.

All other, even if developed slowly, take their part from the very beginning.
And let it stay that way.

I'm aware of the "stay boosted because $" possibility. But same could be told about botting…

Wow, I feel really enraged when seeling an unexpected wall (of passivity). Will calm down after a while, you know me. :)

And thanks to the Fifth Element for update.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 9th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Thanks, Quintessence.

It's an interesting experiment, though.

When I thought there was a possibility, I was really groaning at the thought of levelling Monk and Warlock.

Since Warlock shares pet with Demon Hunter, I guess I'll get that from DH. I don't expect to like DH, but I imagine everybody is going to level one.

I guess I will be levelling a Shaman. I can live with that.

On the subject of your US post, I ignore votes, up or down, in the range of -3 to +3. I regard them as a form of Brownian motion of peoples' fingertips. The downside of making these things cageable, if they were doing it by class, is that the place would be swimming in unwanted pets, like Teroclaw Hatchlings, Left Sharks, and kittens. It would be a shame to introduce Yet Another Pet That Everyone Has, But Never Uses.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » June 10th, 2016, 1:10 am

Gráinne wrote:The downside of making these things cageable, if they were doing it by class, is that the place would be swimming in unwanted pets, like Teroclaw Hatchlings, Left Sharks, and kittens. It would be a shame to introduce Yet Another Pet That Everyone Has, But Never Uses.
Haven't considered that! I've already thought about a middle ground to that all: make them cageable, but they have to be 25 to be caged. Would it separate people "just clearing the table" from actual battlers a bit and finally there would be a usage for these pesky training stones. =P

Mentioned problem is rather a general mission system's fault. That kind of mission should've been done once per character (maybe it is, who knows). Causes!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 10th, 2016, 2:31 am

I really like the idea of class pets, actually. :)
Gráinne wrote:Are dedicated collectors willing to level every class?
Being a "collector" in every sense of the word, I already have a full set of max level characters and will keep that up in Legion. They are ONLY leveled though! My poor alts literally hit max and then get dumped, abandoned in whatever gear they hit cap with. :lol:

I'm completely loyal to my main char and have no desire to switch but I do like to keep my alts leveled, not only for obvious collecting reasons but also because I'm a healer and I like to have a rough idea of abilities and playstyle for other classes.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » June 10th, 2016, 2:59 pm

As a collector, I don't find that any worse than buying game a to get pet x. And as I tend to always have a full roster, it won't be that big of a hardship, except that it takes me years to get ALL of them max leveled! I'm still finishing a few out before Legion.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Paladance wrote:
Gráinne wrote:The downside of making these things cageable, if they were doing it by class, is that the place would be swimming in unwanted pets, like Teroclaw Hatchlings, Left Sharks, and kittens. It would be a shame to introduce Yet Another Pet That Everyone Has, But Never Uses.
Haven't considered that! I've already thought about a middle ground to that all: make them cageable, but they have to be 25 to be caged. Would it separate people "just clearing the table" from actual battlers a bit and finally there would be a usage for these pesky training stones. =P
I'd take a different approach. Make them cageable, but like the racial pets (Gilnean Raven, Jade Crane Chick), each toon is only eligible to buy/obtain the pet once. To get another, they'd have to level another toon or obtain a caged one from someone else.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » June 10th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Peanutty wrote:I'd take a different approach. Make them cageable, but like the racial pets (Gilnean Raven, Jade Crane Chick), each toon is only eligible to buy/obtain the pet once. To get another, they'd have to level another toon or obtain a caged one from someone else.
I've actually contained it in the following paragraph, just focusing on the missions themselves instead of their rewards. Sorry if it wasn't visual enough. :)

Oh, and nerf Broot. :twisted:

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 10th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Im fine with it I leveled every class to max for the free level-your-pet-to-25-stones anyway (and a few more :))
so no big deal imho.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 10th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Paladance wrote:
Peanutty wrote:I'd take a different approach. Make them cageable, but like the racial pets (Gilnean Raven, Jade Crane Chick), each toon is only eligible to buy/obtain the pet once. To get another, they'd have to level another toon or obtain a caged one from someone else.
I've actually contained it in the following paragraph, just focusing on the missions themselves instead of their rewards. Sorry if it wasn't visual enough. :)
Oops, totally didn't see it!

Yeah it's funny how each player has things that are a nope nope nope and other things that are fine. I really don't like playing alts. So with things as they are, I probably won't be able to get these pets until the end of the xpac, at best.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 11th, 2016, 6:07 am

Peanutty wrote:
Paladance wrote:
Oops, totally didn't see it!

Yeah it's funny how each player has things that are a nope nope nope and other things that are fine. I really don't like playing alts. So with things as they are, I probably won't be able to get these pets until the end of the xpac, at best.

While I agree they should be cageable to give profit to those that take the time to level alts and allow those that don't want to a way to aquire them. But, so it takes one to near the end of he expansion to level those alts to get those pets it gives us something to do with a clear goal behind it. As long as the reward to do something is worth it in my eyes I am fine with it and getting a pet is worth it to me. Better reason to level an alt than this expansion because of boredom or to make money from doing the boring garrisons.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » June 11th, 2016, 12:30 pm

I read yesterday that Blizz will be letting you trial a paid-for-boost, which would get the toon as far as the Class Hall before you decide whether to stick with it (and buy the boost). Wonder how far into things it gets you, and if that's a possibility. Fingers crossed.