Spirit of Competition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us
Spirit of Competition

Post by Dolz » June 2nd, 2016, 7:17 pm

With the Summer Olympics coming up this August it would be nice if Blizz made this pet available again. They could treat it like the World Event pets that are only available during their event. Instead of a once a year availability this could be a one every four year availability.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Spirit of Competition

Post by Ranok » June 2nd, 2016, 7:44 pm

Spirit of Competition was designed after traditional Chinese Dragon, which seemed fitting for the Beijing Olympics.

So if Blizz does bring back a similar award for Rio, should be a large mosquito.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 3rd, 2016, 12:07 am

Ranok wrote:Spirit of Competition was designed after traditional Chinese Dragon, which seemed fitting for the Beijing Olympics.

So if Blizz does bring back a similar award for Rio, should be a large mosquito.
Or a humanoid with half a head.. :o :o

Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13701
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Zhevrakeeper » June 4th, 2016, 5:40 am

Couldn't agree more with the original post, pllleeeaaaassee bring this back blizz! He is a really cute dragon and sure he has nothing to do with the current Olympics but I still would love to have him! <3

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 4th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Dolz wrote:With the Summer Olympics coming up this August it would be nice if Blizz made this pet available again. They could treat it like the World Event pets that are only available during their event. Instead of a once a year availability this could be a one every four year availability.
Sorry but NO. Rather make all pets that you cant get anymore availble in the shop.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » June 5th, 2016, 4:38 am

Drudatz wrote:Sorry but NO. Rather make all pets that you cant get anymore available in the shop.
I have to disagree here. If a pet was obtained in game and is being returned then it should be available in game and with a similar attainment method (or harder) than originally.

My stance has always been that pets that are no longer obtainable should remain so, but if they are being returned those that were in game should stay in game. However other pets obtained from buying other game etc. could be made available in the shop. The price should be similar to the original cost so those that paid originally do not feel to bad.

I only have this pet and other older in game pets, that are no longer available, by luck as I had no interest in pets at the time. In fact this one was down to my son as I completely missed the event :)

Peterc

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 10th, 2016, 2:38 am

Ranok wrote:Spirit of Competition was designed after traditional Chinese Dragon, which seemed fitting for the Beijing Olympics.
Yup, the dragon would be totally inappropriate for this years olympics! It would be awesome to have a new, Rio-themed olympic pet though.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » June 10th, 2016, 3:39 am

Mehetabel wrote:It would be awesome to have a new, Rio-themed olympic pet though.
I'm not available in pet-form! :lol:

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » June 10th, 2016, 4:00 am

As someone who owns the pet, I would not be too terribly horrified if it was brought back for a short event (same with the karazhan one: [pet]Vampiric Batling[/pet] and the anniversary pets ). I love mine and I worked my butt off to get him even though I loathe PvP. I'd be okay with it because I'd be happy to get the same opportunity to obtain something that was previously only out a short time and I was unable to get at the time.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » June 10th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Rioriel wrote:
Mehetabel wrote:It would be awesome to have a new, Rio-themed olympic pet though.
I'm not available in pet-form! :lol:
Hahah xD

But yes I agree with the sentiment of yes it sucks that there are some pets we can't collect, but that's what makes them super special! I personally think it would be wrong to bring back a random Chinese dragon for this year, move on and get something new and unique.

*Hint hint* Blizz make a pet pretty pwetty pwease!!!!!*cough /hint*