Mini Jousters -- a warning and a request

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Mini Jousters -- a warning and a request

Post by Paladance » May 27th, 2016, 11:41 am

So, more than a year ago I had been doing the Hyjal questline to get [pet]Searing Scorchling[/pet] and Flameward Hippogryph.
During that, I became curious what the other achievements related to this area are and noticed that there was a side quest chain not initiated before, starting from The Hatchery Must Burn -- it's supposed to lead to getting a jouster pet and completion of two achievements.

However, there was -- and is -- a problem. After all that stuff I am not able to do this quest chain on this character.
Why? The Wowhead comments say it all (sorry for a gif):

[url=http://postimg.org/image/5ko03jmyj/]Image[/url]

TL,DR: NPC giving this quest is phased out after further progress.

That time, I sent a ticket. I was just told the same that was figured out with no plans on any intervention -- it was basically telling "You're done, get an alt". ;)

So I want to warn you: If you do the Hyjal questline, the best thing to ensure that you can get your jouster is getting the mentioned quest right after you contact with Aviana.

And what's about the request? :oops: I really don't want to do this quest chain again (especially when you need to do it twice anyway), at least not before Legion (because the Wardrobe thing).
I wonder if would someone having this exact quest just share it with my main? Has anyone tried that to help their friend?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Mini Jousters -- a warning and a request

Post by Gráinne » May 27th, 2016, 12:47 pm

I have a couple of alts who never went very far into Hyjal. I could get one of them to do the Aviana chain to get to the quest. But if you're phased, would that do any good?

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 27th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Gráinne wrote:I have a couple of alts who never went very far into Hyjal. I could get one of them to do the Aviana chain to get to the quest. But if you're phased, would that do any good?
The NPC where you turn in it is located in that bonus area below the ground that is untouched by the main events. I can even flap-flap on the hippogryph already! ;)

I'd be grateful to check.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » May 27th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Message sent. Check your mail :)

Flow

Post by Flow » May 28th, 2016, 7:27 am

You will need the 'hatchery must burn' quest in order to do the quest chain which reward the the pet(s). You should be able to fly through (fly through, it's not clickable) the portal (located at 39, 59) but you won't be able to pick up any quests without turning in the hatchery quest first. The hatchery quest is shareable though.

It seems that once going to the Molten Front and recruiting the druids of the talon (or something) the quest giver is 'transported' (storywise) to the Molten Front and acts as a quest giver there. However, it won't happened immediately when going to the Molten Front. The dailies there have stages which opens up as you progress, the phasing oocurs when you've progress far enough into the chains. The wowhead page for Molten Front should have the quest details.

Flow

Post by Flow » May 28th, 2016, 8:33 am

However, time is money. If you plan to do the wardrobe, then you'll have to do the hyjal quests four times over anyway, one for each armor type. Per current design. Rewards for completed quests will be added in the legion prepatch, so you can start now if that's a concern.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 28th, 2016, 9:07 am

It works! Thank you, Gráinne, so much! :D But what can I give you that you don't have yourself? 8-)

And thanks @Flow for taking a look here.
I definitely can do it, just I'm not sure if something won't be messed up during the quest data import. :mrgreen:
I don't even know if it's better to learn the glyphs or keep them unlearned… For a scribe, surely the best is to sell them. :P

The warning is still accurate, of course.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » May 28th, 2016, 12:38 pm

I'm glad to see that it worked. That's more than reward enough :)