About Children's Week...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Fanaticdreamer
About Children's Week...

Post by Fanaticdreamer » May 4th, 2016, 4:47 pm

I posted this thread on the forums but I wanted to see all of your opinions, too.

Does anyone else feel kind of...frustrated that they haven't updated Children's Week in such a long time?

Like in WoTLK they added Wolvar/Oracle children to Dalaran which was amazing. And I totally get them not adding anything for Cata (as it was in the old world) but...

Why didn't they extend it to Pandaria? Why can't we adopt a little Pandaren orphan take them on some quests and then get a choice between a few different Pandaria-native creatures as pets?

Why can't we go to Draenor and adopt a Draenish child and then get to choose between a few creatures from Draenor as pets?

I just feel like it's really lazy that Blizzard hasn't updated this holiday. More pets would NOT be a bad thing / turned down by collectors.

Ken68m
Pet Score:9640
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Re: About Children's Week...

Post by Ken68m » May 4th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Blizz has been lazy on almost all of the holidays for a few years now...

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » May 4th, 2016, 7:32 pm

didn't mess up this time and got my Matron title and picked up the Yellow Balloon toy.
Why a toy when the others are pets? Who know. Maybe large quantities of Guinness was involved. :roll:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 4th, 2016, 8:37 pm

I'd like to think that they are working on a Children's Week update, but with Legion coming this year they can't really make holiday updates a priority.

Especially since the Children's Week would include new quests, NPCs, etc. It's probably not as simple as adding a new pet to buy from a holiday vendor.

I really would like to see Pandaria and Draenor Children's Week content though. They could even add the retired Challenge Mode Guild Gold pets as rewards for the related content.

Examples:
Pandaria orphan quest line - Can pick between a few pets, one of them being the [pet]Thundering Serpent Hatchling[/pet].
Draenor orphan quest line - Can pick between a few pets, one of them being the [pet]Deathwatch Hatchling[/pet].

One week out of the year for a shot at these pets would be a better solution than the complete RNG mess that is the BMAH boxes (just IMO).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 5th, 2016, 1:19 am

I too would have liked seeing Children's Week updated for Cataclysm, Pandaria, and Dreanor. A cute panda kid, one of the ramakhan kids/or oracle kid, etc would have been nice.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 5th, 2016, 4:15 am

Remte drops her light because you've ignored her thread! :( Just kidding.

I have similar concerns too, though from another perspective -- they're related especially to Dornaa.
I've posted about it from my hunter a year ago. ;)

I've really done these things! :D And wanted to post an update in the another CS thread, but there is no one.
I wonder why?
But -- no matter! I've posted a comment to a blog note instead:
I wish Dornaa would interact with the current Draenor, at least a bit. She's seeing her world in hope, for pete's sake.
The previous year I've taken her for a trip around the Shadowmoon Valley, teaching her about elekks, kaliris and other indigenous creatures (and Pepe!), aswell as recalling the majestic Draenic architecture including the Observatory and Karabor. :) IIRC, that time I tried to pretend it was just a good dream.

This year, she's grown up probably, so I've taken her to the places from the original quests: the ruins of the Dark Portal and to Auchindoun. It was sometimes hard to hide the hell of the war, but the feeling when I showed her the Auchindoun Council with all that light procession was damn epic. I've also decided to try to tell her the truth -- I had a bit of fun trying to explain things from the character's perspective. If only I was able to find her brother…

Really, consider that. Feelings beside, it's also a great opportunity for creating an achievement.
@Quintessence -- that's a brilliant idea! ♥ But I'm afraid that some CM players would complain, unless these pets are renamed. :(

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » May 6th, 2016, 3:19 am

Milotha wrote:I too would have liked seeing Children's Week updated for Cataclysm, Pandaria, and Dreanor. A cute panda kid, one of the ramakhan kids/or oracle kid, etc would have been nice.
The Azerothian quests have actually been slightly updated for Cata. :ugeek:
Although I'm not sure that the silly joyrides with your Orphan are an improvement. Also keep in mind those quests are supposed to be done with low level characters without any mount.

It's rather sad to see that Blizzard didn't even bother to extent the event to Pandaria and Draenor. They could even add a new meta achievement for collecting all of the pets including those from the newly added questlines.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » May 8th, 2016, 3:46 am

is it too much too want a saberon kitten pet. c'mon blizz :)